[New-ish] Help with current team comp & moving foreword

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. [New-ish] Help with current team comp & moving foreword

User Info: reicta

reicta
4 months ago#11
mewhooo posted...
With your current lineup I’d work on ascending Altera, Saber Alter, Tamacat and maybe Hans. I think Altera/Salter/Hans would be a pretty good team for farming most stuff. With 7 Arts cards, your ability to make Arts chains should be decent. With starting NP CEs on Altera and Salter you should be able to charge up in a few rounds, then wipe waves 2 and 3 with NP (preferably a buster or brave chain if available). I say “maybe” for Hans as you’re probably better off bringing a support Waver for better buffs and quicker NP charging.

Edit: Arjuna works fine with the above game plan, he’s worth some investment for your farming squad as well.

For boss-killing, look out for 3* MVPs with ST NPs: Ushiwakamaru, Caesar, Robin Hood, Medea. Assassin Shiki will be great as well.

Thanks for the advice. I have a couple of those boss killers like Ushi and Medea, and also LuBu if I can keep him alive long enough to get full NP. I'll definitely be working for Shiki on this event.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
4 months ago#12
reicta posted...
Oh okay, I had no idea. Do NPs set card bonuses though? Like using an arts NP followed by a buster would cause the buster to do less damage than if I did buster > NP?

They do set the first card bonus.

User Info: rickets987

rickets987
4 months ago#13
Altera's NP is indeed very nice as a first move. As she's a staple in my usual comps, I use it all the time. Her NP reduces the target's defense, so it's a good opening NP with several uses:

Altera-only brave chain (ideally, NP->Buster->Buster, but diluted Altera chains are also very strong). Altera's very high ATK and up to 30% ATK boost/15 critical stars makes her Altera-only brave chain do surprisingly much ST damage for an AoE servant. It's not Okita-level, but it's respectable and often overlooked by people who don't use her.

A full NP chain where Altera does the first NP. For boosting multiple NPs in one turn, her party-wide NP damage boost works well in conjunction with the fact that the plugsuit's damage boosting skill is also a party-wide boost. The fact that her NP also reduces defense very reliably makes this work well.

Finally, there's using her NP on a given turn (hopefully an Altera-only brave chain) and then using other servants' NP brave chains on the next 2 turns while the defense debuff from Altera's NP is still active.

Of course, she has most of the problems that any AoE Saber has.

User Info: hotaruku

hotaruku
4 months ago#14
reicta posted...
Goraishi posted...
reicta posted...
This specialty, the NP brave chain for Altera, does the NP go first or last in the chain?

NPs do not benefit from card order or first card bonuses so you generally want to use them first.

Oh okay, I had no idea. Do NPs set card bonuses though? Like using an arts NP followed by a buster would cause the buster to do less damage than if I did buster > NP?

NPs do count as first card bonus for the chain, but not the NP itself, in this case Altera is very good at that buster NP and reason her brave chain hits so dang hard. She really has very few weaknesses in that respect. Even her "thought to be useless" riding skill is incorporated in the brave chain.

NP-B-B is the best, creating a full on buster first card+buster bonus chain
NP-Q-B is fine, so is NP-A-B(her standard chain) is also hitting hard, etc.

Basically her Altera's brave chain are majorly good stuff, and you should generally always take advantage of Altera's brave chain, if the cards present itself. That's also why her instinct to plop some stars works here assuming you don't have another star eater to fight for them. Attack up + stars + brave chain altera beat down.

In terms of syngery outside boss fights. Tama cat+ Altera is pretty good, and a semi buster-crit deck. there. Tama cat's 3B will compliment Altera's buster chains, and Tamacat's NP, will feed all the starts for Altera's brave chain the turn after(it does require you to count cards a bit).

Tamacat+Altera+Waver is a solid team for most non boss fights.
Wave 1 (gain NP, or just buster kill them)
Wave 2 (tama cat NPs and cleans the wave)
Wave 3 (Altera NP-brave chains with all the stars tamacat made)

Of course if the cards aren't in your favor, you can reverse it or stall it, with Altera NPing wave 2, and TamaCat wave3, or you just have to card shuffle if you just happens to be on a shuffle turn.

I do have to say, dealing with Tamacat really helps you learn how to count cards.

reicta
4 months ago#15
hotaruku posted...
reicta posted...
Goraishi posted...
reicta posted...
This specialty, the NP brave chain for Altera, does the NP go first or last in the chain?

NPs do not benefit from card order or first card bonuses so you generally want to use them first.

NPs do count as first card bonus for the chain, but not the NP itself, in this case Altera is very good at that buster NP and reason her brave chain hits so dang hard. She really has very few weaknesses in that respect. Even her "thought to be useless" riding skill is incorporated in the brave chain.

Basically her Altera's brave chain are majorly good stuff, and you should generally always take advantage of Altera's brave chain, if the cards present itself. That's also why her instinct to plop some stars works here assuming you don't have another star eater to fight for them. Attack up + stars + brave chain altera beat down.

In terms of syngery outside boss fights. Tama cat+ Altera is pretty good, and a semi buster-crit deck. there. Tama cat's 3B will compliment Altera's buster chains, and Tamacat's NP, will feed all the starts for Altera's brave chain the turn after(it does require you to count cards a bit).

Of course if the cards aren't in your favor, you can reverse it or stall it, with Altera NPing wave 2, and TamaCat wave3, or you just have to card shuffle if you just happens to be on a shuffle turn.

I do have to say, dealing with Tamacat really helps you learn how to count cards.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try playing around with TamaCat for fights and see how it goes. I've been using LuBu sometimes and over her so far because he has a buster NP and it's single target.

The NP cards are weird, because it shows the "+" below them when you select them, so it's odd that it doesn't actually boost them? Like doing Photon Ray in the last slot will show the buster's "++," but apparently it doesn't actually get extra damage either with a buster lead, a buster chain or in the last ++ slot?

User Info: hotaruku

hotaruku
4 months ago#16
reicta posted...
hotaruku posted...
reicta posted...
Goraishi posted...
reicta posted...

Thanks for the advice. I'll try playing around with TamaCat for fights and see how it goes. I've been using LuBu sometimes and over her so far because he has a buster NP and it's single target.

The NP cards are weird, because it shows the "+" below them when you select them, so it's odd that it doesn't actually boost them? Like doing Photon Ray in the last slot will show the buster's "++," but apparently it doesn't actually get extra damage either with a buster lead, a buster chain or in the last ++ slot?

It does not, NPs are static. Putting them 1st or last makes no difference, except to play around with your 1st card bonus, or in Tamacat/stunlocks case, you kill all chains due to stun. Like you can do B-ANP-B to get a buster damage up on the last card.

The other cases is NPs reset targets, like NP target 1, target 1 dies, you do brave chain on target 2.
and
If you want to intentionally charge your management before cleaning a ways like A-A-NP to add to your OC/NP gauge before next stage.

Arash is one of those cases where you want to do A-A-NP or some such to add OC to his NP (because he dies afterward)

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
4 months ago#17
Level your Tamacat. She is cute and great for basically any mission that doesn't have a hard boss.

reicta
4 months ago#18
CursedTiamat posted...
Level your Tamacat. She is cute and great for basically any mission that doesn't have a hard boss.

Doing that now actually!

@hotaruku
Super helpful again, thanks a lot. I’m glad you cleared up NP modifiers for me because I was never sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. [New-ish] Help with current team comp & moving foreword

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived