[New-ish] Help with current team comp & moving foreword

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. [New-ish] Help with current team comp & moving foreword

User Info: reicta

reicta
7 months ago#1
Would someone mind helping a new player with team comps and where my team direction should be heading? (NA server) I’m feeling a lack of synergy...I have:

* Altera (Atilla) - lv50
* Arjuna - lv50
* Anne Bonny / Mary Read - lv40 NP2
* Cu lancer - lv40
* Lu Bu - lv40
* Hans, Hassan, Shakespeare - lv35
* Saber Alter, Tamamo Cat - unleveled

I also have other three stars and lower but these are the more notable ones.

I’m just not sure who all pairs well and why. Altera and Arjuna have kind of bad/selfish skills. Good teams for me? Good servants to level up or look out for? I just started Septem.

I’ve done two multi pulls in this banner and got nothing great so I’m told I should save for Jeanne Alter.

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
7 months ago#2
Altera is mostly nice in the future because she can do Instinct -> Absorb combo. Shes kind of a jack of all trades Saber since shes fine at most stuff - she can semi support with Millitary Tactics, can farm with AOE NP and she can do nice st damage with crits and survive nicely with natural body

Arjuna isnt regarded as fantastic but hes ok for farming. You would mainly use his 2nd as an NP charge and AOE nuke with his Mana Burst flame.

Cu Lancer is usually regarded as one of the best Lancer since he can solo many contents with his amazing survival rate but he doesnt really excel in a team. You want to backline him so he can clean up. The nice thing about Cu is that since he can be really good solo having a raised up Cu lessens the amount of servant variety you need

Anne and Mary is a crit nuker with a really good NP. Her problem is her cards are meh and her extra is one of the worst in the game.
Shes the kind of unit who have nothing to offer to a team even as far as her own benefit but when you input to her she can do amazing stuff

Looking at your unit pool Arjuna/Hans/support Waver + Altera + Bonny is probably the most synergy you could make on a team. You want to use the passive stars to feed Bonny so she can dish out her 500% damage crits.

But for now just level your stuff. The game isnt hard enough to force you to make a team beyond having type match up. Altera, Arjuna, Tamamo Cat are all good for farming
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire

User Info: hotaruku

hotaruku
7 months ago#3
There's no synergy there, just do class advantage teams.

farming wise,

Tama cat+Altera+waver is the best 2-3 5 turn killer you can get, which is pretty much as optimized as you can get normally. Or sub in Salter, though you kinda get nerfed from white damage.

Outside of farming, there's no such thing as a bad archer, but in the end arjuna is the lower end of the spectrum, and not something you will want to build around, where Altera, fits nearly anywhere.

Nothing much you can do here. It's just whoever can beat the rock-paper-scissors. Luckly Altera can be field for anything but archer opponents, so she's your pillar for a while.

reicta
7 months ago#4
hotaruku posted...

farming wise,

Tama cat+Altera+waver is the best 2-3 5 turn killer you can get, which is pretty much as optimized as you can get normally. Or sub in Salter, though you kinda get nerfed from white damage.

Outside of farming, there's no such thing as a bad archer, but in the end arjuna is the lower end of the spectrum, and not something you will want to build around, where Altera, fits nearly anywhere.

Nothing much you can do here. It's just whoever can beat the rock-paper-scissors. Luckly Altera can be field for anything but archer opponents, so she's your pillar for a while.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the advice. I guess I feel a lack of synergy because Altera and Arjuna aren’t really good team players and have awkward/meh skills they mostly help themselves. I do like their aesthetics though.

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
7 months ago#5
Arjunas problem is actually CD on his Blessed Hero and hitcount

Synergy wise hes ok in a sense that had Any/Either of that got fixed Arjuna can make a case for himself as a semi support
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire

User Info: hotaruku

hotaruku
7 months ago#6
reicta posted...
hotaruku posted...

farming wise,

Thanks to you and everyone else for the advice. I guess I feel a lack of synergy because Altera and Arjuna aren’t really good team players and have awkward/meh skills they mostly help themselves. I do like their aesthetics though.

Altera is actually a great team player, just that she provides nothing to carve a niche from. Her raw muscle will help you through a lot of things like a silent neechan. But ultimately you will want specialized teams for bosses and challenges.

Her speciality the np brave chain does a ton of damage and will only get easier once she gets her strengthening to actually hord all the stars instead of relying on some luck.

reicta
7 months ago#7
hotaruku posted...
reicta posted...
hotaruku posted...

farming wise,

Altera is actually a great team player, just that she provides nothing to carve a niche from. Her raw muscle will help you through a lot of things like a silent neechan. But ultimately you will want specialized teams for bosses and challenges.

Her speciality the np brave chain does a ton of damage and will only get easier once she gets her strengthening to actually hord all the stars instead of relying on some luck.

This specialty, the NP brave chain for Altera, does the NP go first or last in the chain?

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
7 months ago#8
reicta posted...
This specialty, the NP brave chain for Altera, does the NP go first or last in the chain?

NPs do not benefit from card order or first card bonuses so you generally want to use them first.

User Info: mewhooo

mewhooo
7 months ago#9
With your current lineup I’d work on ascending Altera, Saber Alter, Tamacat and maybe Hans. I think Altera/Salter/Hans would be a pretty good team for farming most stuff. With 7 Arts cards, your ability to make Arts chains should be decent. With starting NP CEs on Altera and Salter you should be able to charge up in a few rounds, then wipe waves 2 and 3 with NP (preferably a buster or brave chain if available). I say “maybe” for Hans as you’re probably better off bringing a support Waver for better buffs and quicker NP charging.

Edit: Arjuna works fine with the above game plan, he’s worth some investment for your farming squad as well.

For boss-killing, look out for 3* MVPs with ST NPs: Ushiwakamaru, Caesar, Robin Hood, Medea. Assassin Shiki will be great as well.

reicta
7 months ago#10
Goraishi posted...
reicta posted...

NPs do not benefit from card order or first card bonuses so you generally want to use them first.

Oh okay, I had no idea. Do NPs set card bonuses though? Like using an arts NP followed by a buster would cause the buster to do less damage than if I did buster > NP?
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. [New-ish] Help with current team comp & moving foreword

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived