This event is kinda brutal...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. This event is kinda brutal...

User Info: TheOneAndOnly44

TheOneAndOnly44
3 months ago#1
I've played all previous events and essentially cleared them out without minding the grind, but Saber Wars has me burnt out... I thought my F2P self would be fine even without having any gold Sabers other than Lily, but boy I was wrong. I have to balance between having a team with an appropriate % bonus and a team that can actually clear the higher nodes, both of which are super hard when the best servants are only available one at a time through a support. I have a LB Bloom and Stars, but that doesn't turn the event into easy mode; it just barely gives my servants a fighting chance. Farming MHZ isn't impossible, but it's super difficult, which makes grinding actually unpleasant for the first time. Going down to farm Scathach is easier, but I'm getting half the Artoria Points I'd get from MHZ, which puts the goal even further out of reach.

My problem isn't that I can't clear the nodes, it's that clearing them is difficult and requires too much luck for something I need to do repeatedly.

Am I the only one who's stopped liking this event? I'm at 1m points, but I've lost the will to aim for even 1.5 by the time the event ends; I think I'll save my apples for kinder events.

Idunno, I guess I just wanted to rant; sorry if someone was offended by this lol. Will future events also going to basically require you to have multiple specific and 5-stars if you want to complete them?
"Your fate is in the cards." -Elizabeth
"Dont think, feel." -Chie Satonaka

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
3 months ago#2
Saber Wars, before, after, now

before - Man the drop sucks

now- How do i even beat this uhZ effectively also wtf 2m points

after - HEARTSHEARTSHEARTSHEARTSHEARTSHEARTSHEARTSHEARTSHEARTSHEARTSHEARTS
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire

User Info: TheOneAndOnly44

TheOneAndOnly44
3 months ago#3
Doesnt "after" usually come after "now?" o:
"Your fate is in the cards." -Elizabeth
"Dont think, feel." -Chie Satonaka

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
3 months ago#4
osnap
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire

User Info: MacroCosmos

MacroCosmos
3 months ago#5
I generally dislike the idea of bonus servants because you pretty much have to bring them to every quest throughout the event to min-max the rewards, and it gets boring really fast.
Saber Wars really takes the cake by giving bonus to the most boring class in the game right now.
It's basically AoE sabers(Artoria faces+Mordred/Altera/Nero/Fergus), Okita/Caesar, and Gilles.
And the easy button is to bring an MLB PB Okita and spam quests over and over.
GudaGuda was also grindy and had bonus servants, but it was actually fun.
Saber Wars? Not so much.

User Info: Maxmilion

Maxmilion
3 months ago#6
I skipped Saber Wars in Jp the first time, I'm now skipping it again. The point grinds are always the weakest events IMO from a gameplay standpoint.

User Info: FlareKnights

FlareKnights
3 months ago#7
I think if anything risked burning me out it was Christmas and the lotto. Felt like it was a waste if I didn't grind out as many lotto boxes as possible.

Saber Wars...it's fine. Of course maybe because I've been getting a lot of Sabers since I started playing so putting together a team is easy. Have very few 5*s, but 2 of the 3 are Sabers. Maybe it's less boring because it is my Okita, but seeing her unleash super powerful death is still fun.

Maybe it is because of side goals. I mostly want to keep going in the event to farm more drops and bond points. Getting closer to hitting Nero's max bond and that will be the first servant I get to that point. The event itself isn't overly thrilling, but I haven't found it painful.
"Many think that courage is power. Real courage is when you surpass your own desires to protect something dear.." Dan, Wild Arms
PSN:FlareKnights

User Info: SkeithTerror

SkeithTerror
3 months ago#8
I highly enjoy this event because all I have to do is equip CE’s and “BOOM!!!” My servants can blast through anything and everything regardless of enemy class (unless they have 1m HP like UHX...)

I’m a lucky one for having legit sabers, and I will admit that an event like this does gank anyone who just so happens to not have good servants like the event demands. I almost want it to stop so people like TC won’t continue to feel so stressed out.
http://imgur.com/7FoCVd6
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem." - Captain Jack Sparrow

User Info: xEmiyax

xEmiyax
3 months ago#9
I never particularly liked this event on either server.

I just did the bare minimum and made the best use of what's available (basically Scathach's node) for the frequent rare drops.
Hypocrisy's my name, don't wear it out.
F/GO ID's [NA]: 492,866,792 / [JP]: 978,894,104

User Info: Sans Pants

Sans Pants
3 months ago#10
The point grinds are always the weakest events IMO from a gameplay standpoint.

Rashomon blows nards and I'm going to low-hanging fruit it since I know it reruns when everyone has access to MUCH better stuff. Going to ignore the Sanzang event since it's f'ing daft and there's no welfare.
Foreground Eclipse > You
Unapologetic Metalhead and JRPG fan.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. This event is kinda brutal...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived