Rabbit's Tier List version 1.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Rabbit's Tier List version 1.0

User Info: 22whiterabbit22

22whiterabbit22
3 months ago#1
There's been some interest in me making a tier list, and although I've been hesitant to actually to do it (for a number of reasons) over the past week or so I've taken the time to put one together. A few disclaimers before actually getting into the meat of the list:

-It's very difficult to fairly compare servants with something as simplistic as a raw tier list. This list is weighted in favor of usefulness for difficult fights, so there are servants in low positions here who are great for, for example, farming. Just because a servant is low on a tier list doesn't mean you should ignore them!
-There are probably better ways to organize a tier list than dividing by rarity, especially considering there are a fair number of SRs who outshine most SSRs. I've organized the list this way for now, but I may reformat it at some point.
-This is, of course, just one person's opinion, so please don't take this as an absolute--if there's a servant you're interested in, look up their kit and see if you agree with my placing. The same is true of the appmedia tier list, for what it's worth, and that's part of why I wrote this up--I wanted to provide an alternative to that one.
-If you're curious about or disagree with where I've placed a servant, feel free to ask and I'll explain my reasoning (or admit that I didn't look at the servant's kit closely enough and misplaced them).
-You'll notice that some categories are divided out more (into ++ and -- categories). This is mostly just a formatting thing--I tried to break up groups that contained more than five servants, for ease of reading, if nothing else. The difference between a servant in, say, B++ and B-- isn't all that huge.
-This will probably be an evolving thing, updated as servants are added/buffed/et cetera.
This is the silliest stuff that ever I heard!
Official Shiki Ryougi of the Fate/Grand Order boards

22whiterabbit22
3 months ago#2
General descriptions of the categories:

S: Servants who can go into almost any team and almost any fight and make the team stronger. These servants may have a particular niche in which they excel, but even outside of that niche, they do better than the majority of other servants. These are servants to strongly consider pulling for if gameplay is your focus.

A: Servants who are exceptionally strong in the right situation and still good outside of that. With the right team or in the right fight, these servants may be a better choice than comparable S-tier servants, but they may not be as self-sufficient or they may have a notable flaw that keeps them from being on top of the pack.

B: Solid servants who can serve you well in the right team or against the right enemies. Servants in this category may be exceptionally useful for very specific fights, and they’re not bad in general, but outside of niche situations or teams built around them they’re likely going to be overshadowed by S- and A-tier servants who happen to be available.

C: Servants who struggle outside of their niches or who are decent but have no situation in which they excel. While these servants may have one or two advantages over their higher-tier competition, their kits are weak as a whole and require either carefully-constructed teams or specific fights to be particularly good.

D: Servants who need a lot of work to be competitive. They aren’t completely terrible, but their kits are limited and they generally aren’t worth using for reasons other than character loyalty. With significant investment—grails, fous, maxed skills, et cetera—they can be serviceable for harder content, but most players won’t get much use out of them.

E: Servants who are almost worthless, gameplay-wise. These are servants who are outclassed even in the most favorable circumstances—although they may have situations in which they’re usable, there are still much better choices for those situations.

22whiterabbit22
3 months ago#3
Tier List divided by Rarity:

-SSR-

S+: Merlin
S: Zhuge Liang (Lord El-Melloi II), Artoria Pendragon (Archer)
S-: Tamamo no Mae, Katsushika Hokusai, Cu Chulainn (Alter)

A++: Miyamoto Musashi, Gilgamesh, Jeanne d’Arc, Nero Claudius (Bride)
A+: Sherlock Holmes , Jeanne d’Arc (Alter), Ozymandias, Karna
A: Quetzalcoatl, Abigail Williams, Jack the Ripper, Tamamo no Mae (Lancer), Enkidu
A-: Ishtar, Scathach, Cleopatra
A--: Nikola Tesla, Nightingale

B++: Vlad III, Orion, Amakusa Shirou
B+: Illyasviel von Einzbern, Minamoto no Yorimitsu, Nero Claudius (Caster), Okita Souji, King Hassan
B: Hijikata Toshizou, James Moriarty, Medb, Brynhildr, Shuten Douji
B-: Leonardo Da Vinci, Sanzang, Ryougi Shiki (Saber), Mysterious Heroine X (Alter), Meltlilith
B--: Francis Drake, Artoria Pendragon (Rider Alter), Edmond Dantes

C+: Osakabehime, Arjuna, Sakata Kintoki, Ereshkigal
C: Altera
C-: Iskandar, Artoria Pendragon (Lancer), Mordred

D+: Sessyoin Kiara, Arthur Pendragon (Prototype), Artoria Pendragon
D: Scheherazade
D-:

E+: Mysterious Heroine X
E:
E-:

-SR-

S+: Mash Kyrielight
S: Oda Nobunaga (Berserker), Yagyu Munenori, Minamoto no Yorimitsu (Lancer), Sakata Kintoki (Rider), BB
S-: Heracles, Lancelot (Saber), Chloe von Einzbern, Penthesilea, Queen of Sheba

A++: Ryougi Shiki (Assassin), Ibaraki Douji, Ishtar (Rider)
A+ Gilgamesh (Caster), Tomoe Gozen, Vlad III (Extra),
A: Tristan, Emiya (Alter), Mecha Eli-Chan, Frankenstein (Saber)
A-: Anne Bonny & Mary Read (Archer), Li Shuwen (Lancer), Carmilla
A--: Emiya (Assassin), Martha (Ruler), Rama

B++: Altera the San(ta), Nero Claudius, Emiya, Oda Nobunaga (Archer),
B+: Chacha, Hessian Lobo, Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter), Martha
B: Mochizuki Chiyome, Nursery Rhyme, Helena Blavatsky, Artoria Pendragon (Santa Alter)
B-: Kiyohime (Lancer), Nezha, Anne Bonny & Mary Read, Marie Antoinette (Caster), Elizabeth Bathory (Lancer)
B--: Artoria Pendragon (Alter), Wu Zetian, Passionlip, Elizabeth Bathory (Halloween)

C++: Circe, Parvati, Beowulf
C+: Elizabeth Bathory (Brave), Kato Danzo, Lancelot (Berserker), Mordred (Rider), Gorgon
C: Nitocris (Assassin), Atalanta, Suzuka Gozen, Jeanne d’Arc (Alter) (Santa Lily)
C-: Gawain, Yan Qing, Thomas Edison
C--: Siegfried, Irisviel, Nitocris

D+: Helena Blavatsky (Archer), Marie Antoinette, Astolfo
D: Chevalier d’Eon, Frankenstein, Scathach (Assassin)
D-: Fionn mac Cumhaill, Medusa (Lancer)

E+: Tamamo Cat
E: Medea (Lily), Stheno
E-: Artoria Pendragon (Lily)

-R-

S+: Houzouin Inshun, Cu Chulainn (Lancer)
S: David, Robin Hood
S-: Bedivere

A+: Ushiwakamaru
A: Euryale
A-: Gaius Julius Caesar, Billy the Kid, Christopher Columbus

B+: Medea, Hundred-Faced Hassan
B: Jaguar Man, Kid Gil, Lu Bu, Tawara Touta
B-: Kiyohime, Cu Chulainn (Prototype), Diarmuid Ua Duibhne, Charles Babbage

C+: Fuuma Kotarou, Hassan of Serenity, Romulus, Medusa
C: Paracelsus Von Hohenheim, Alexander
C-: Fergus mac Roich, Hektor, Cu Chulainn (Caster)

D+: Henry Jekyll & Hyde
D: Mephistopheles, Darius III
D-: Jing Ke

E+: Gilles de Rais (Saber)
E: Gilles de Rais (Caster)
E-: Boudica, Geronimo

22whiterabbit22
3 months ago#4
-UC-

S+: Hans Cristian Andersen
S:
S-:

A+:
A: Georgios
A-:

B+: Edward Teach
B: William Shakespeare, Leonidas
B-: Cursed Arm Hassan

C+: Musashibou Benkei
C: Angra Mainyu
C-: Charles-Henri Sanson

D+:
D:
D-: The Phantom of the Opera

E+:
E: Eric Bloodaxe
E-:

-C-

S+:
S: Arash, Asterios
S-:

A+: Mozart
A: Paul Bunyan
A-: Sasaki Kojirou

B+:
B: Caligula
B-:

C+:
C: Spartacus
C-:

D+: Mata Hari
D:
D-:

E+:
E:
E-:

User Info: Sans Pants

Sans Pants
3 months ago#5
1) Archers are mostly really good, aren't they?
2) Doesn't Saitama/Daiz/Baldy-kun require a specific setup and for you to have enough stars and be lucky-enough to get a Brave Chain the turn after he buffs himself with his NP?
Foreground Eclipse > You
Unapologetic Metalhead and JRPG fan.

User Info: Trieu

Trieu
3 months ago#6
It's always interesting to see people's spin on a tier list.

I'm a little surprised JAlter is 'only' A+ and I thought Tamamo caster was great in arts teams but less so elsewhere. Although I suppose the definition for S lends itself particularly well to support characters.

Can't really comment on a lot since I see a lot of unfamiliar names but I'm sure the debate will be an interesting read.

On another note I'll hold off adding something as finicky as a tier-list to the FAQ though, especially if it's being revised frequently. Even given that it's a little unnecessary (for a review resource anyway) at that point people can probably draw their own conclusions... right?

(note you've called Drake - Fancis)
Friendo Code: 998,428,971

22whiterabbit22
3 months ago#7
Sans Pants posted...
1) Archers are mostly really good, aren't they?
2) Doesn't Saitama/Daiz/Baldy-kun require a specific setup and for you to have enough stars and be lucky-enough to get a Brave Chain the turn after he buffs himself with his NP?

1) Yup.
2) Inshun works best as a solo servant or in last-man-standing situations. His kit is amazing for those purposes, and still fairly good elsewhere.

Trieu posted...
On another note I'll hold off adding something as finicky as a tier-list to the FAQ though, especially if it's being revised frequently. Even given that it's a little unnecessary (for a review resource anyway) at that point people can probably draw their own conclusions... right?

(note you've called Drake - Fancis)

Yeah, I agree. And thanks for the catch--it's been fixed.

User Info: Orangesilk

Orangesilk
3 months ago#8
I strongly disagree with your Chevalier D'éon placing. As literally the only gold servant with a 3-turn taunt he sure as hell has a niche. And his skills (Dodge, def up, heal, taunt and debuff removal) and NP (atk debuff) are all geared towards this niche. Tanking may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's probably the best at it. He should be squarely C-- material. As in, has a niche and struggles greatly outside of it.

I also disagree with most else, but I believe this is the hill I want to die on.

User Info: C-R-U-MVIII

C-R-U-MVIII
3 months ago#9
Only one that really made me raise an eyebrow was Caligula being better than Sparticus.

I mean they both suck for sure but I'm pretty sure Caligula sucked more.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
3 months ago#10
I'm curious why you're putting Lalter so low. I think she probably deserves to at least be up with Rama, but putting her under Emiya and Nobu (archer) seems excessively low. Lalter has a first rate crit skill and a mana burst so despite being AE, she should do about the same ST damage on a NPBB as Rama. She has much higher damage potential than Nobu for general use.

Anyway, overall I think it is a good list. I'd say I agree with it more overall than the appmedia one.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Rabbit's Tier List version 1.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived