• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What's better: REIMAGINING 2 or REMAKE 1?

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
3 weeks ago#1
What's better: REIMAGINING 2 or REMAKE 1?

Just wondering!
All morons to the ignore list!
Only idiots argue with hypotheticals.

User Info: Det_Beauregard

Det_Beauregard
3 weeks ago#2
They're both among the highlights of the entire series for me.

The RE2 remake is more fun to play due to the free aim, and I always preferred the original RE2 to the original RE. So it gets my vote. But the remake of the original is a far stronger remake. The RE2 remake removed too many things and took too many liberties with the plot, not to mention the lack of a true "B" scenario.

User Info: dataDynosaur

dataDynosaur
3 weeks ago#3
REmake is more loyal to the original

RE2make is more fun to play
No one I think is in my tree.
I mean it must be high or low.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
3 weeks ago#4
dataDynosaur posted...
REmake is more loyal to the original
I'm blown away that they even preserved the "alternate way to encounter first zombie" for Jill in the remake, as well as certain miscellaneous scenes like "a page is missing" or "this hallway is dangerous".

It's just that certain other scenes or areas I'm looking forward to were either missing or changed.
It was disappointing because the starting of the game gave me the wrong idea that it will preserve everything.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: Kaz13

Kaz13
3 weeks ago#5
Remake 1. Bigger and better than the original with more lore points should always be the main objective.
Omnigel has little purpose in the legendary edition since it removed the thing where the game doesn't let you retry hacking minigames if you fail them.

User Info: dataDynosaur

dataDynosaur
3 weeks ago#6
Goldsickle posted...
I'm blown away that they even preserved the "alternate way to encounter first zombie" for Jill in the remake, as well as certain miscellaneous scenes like "a page is missing" or "this hallway is dangerous".

It's just that certain other scenes or areas I'm looking forward to were either missing or changed.
It was disappointing because the starting of the game gave me the wrong idea that it will preserve everything.

Wait... What? I wasn't aware of anything like this.

Unless you just mean running through the door and letting Barry kill it.
No one I think is in my tree.
I mean it must be high or low.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Goldsickle
3 weeks ago#7
dataDynosaur posted...
Unless you just mean running through the door and letting Barry kill it.
When you're investigating the gunshots in the dining hall, try to return back to the main hall at least twice.
If you try to return to where Barry was, the zombie will appear on its own and Barry will kill it.

This alternate version was also in the original and I only learned about it many months later through a gaming magazine.
This got me to reload the game to try it out.
Because swearing wasn't common at the time, I remember the magazine talks about Barry "swearing" and how he says the "cursed word" (Barry was saying "what the Hell").

Good old days.

User Info: jpv2000

jpv2000
3 weeks ago#8
REmake 1 is still the greatest game ever in my ranking.

When I replay all the RE storyline games which I do once or twice a year I replay the originals for 2 and 3. The "reimagining" cut waaaay too much story from both games.
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
3 weeks ago#9
re1 is the better game, pretty obvious. unless you dont like games that are actually loyal the originals of the series, then you should vote reimagining 2
All morons to the ignore list!
Only idiots argue with hypotheticals.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Goldsickle
3 weeks ago#10
tombrady3to1 posted...
re1 is the better game, pretty obvious. unless you dont like games that are actually loyal the originals of the series, then you should vote reimagining 2
RE2002 isn't exactly loyal to the original source material either.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What's better: REIMAGINING 2 or REMAKE 1?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A