• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Played the original for the 1st time in years, am I trippin?

User Info: Beyond01

Beyond01
1 month ago#1
I’m at a point where the remake is way more fresh in my mind than the original now. First difference that blew my mind is where the computer is in the main hall of the police station. Was it really on the far side? The statue and computer desk was flipped? I seriously feel like I feel remember the computer desk being on the same side as the main door entrance in the og.
Here we go

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
1 month ago#2
My personal favorite is the need for the emergency ladder… plus the lack of bathrooms in the entire building.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
1 month ago#3
Emergency ladder is also a personal nostalgia of mine.
It was also something they preserved in Outbreak File #2.

Glad to know I'm not completely alone with the emergency ladder thing.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: Det_Beauregard

Det_Beauregard
1 month ago#4
There were a lot of changes made to the RPD, most of which were for the better. The inconsistency of the west office's floor height comes to mind. It also makes a lot more sense to have the front desk right in front of you when you enter, as opposed to being tucked around a statue. The tunnel Rita took in Outbreak makes far more sense as a doorway, too.

I love how certain areas have the power cut, too. It really added to the atmosphere when you consider that the original was very brightly lit.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
1 month ago#5
Det_Beauregard posted...
I love how certain areas have the power cut, too. It really added to the atmosphere when you consider that the original was very brightly lit.
I think that was inspired by Invader Games' take on the RE2 remake.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#6
Trespasser2003 posted...
plus the lack of bathrooms in the entire building.
lol true that
---

User Info: The Chow

The Chow
1 month ago#7
Det_Beauregard posted...
The inconsistency of the west office's floor height comes to mind.

I literally never ever thought about that until I read this. Come to think of it, RE2make actually fixes this, and I still never thought about that inconsistency in the original.

"I dreamt that I was a 'Genie-Firefighter'! I fought fires and granted wishes!"

User Info: Det_Beauregard

Det_Beauregard
1 month ago#8
The Chow posted...
I literally never ever thought about that until I read this. Come to think of it, RE2make actually fixes this, and I still never thought about that inconsistency in the original.
It didn't jump right out at me, either. I noticed it when I was just bumming around and exploring, soaking in the atmosphere. There's a lot of other inconsistencies, too. For example, the window where you first see the licker (and the actual licker hallway) are indented too far from the main hall's front door to be the actual front of the building. Yet there's windows. There's also inconsistencies with the windows in the east wing's "crow" hallway; there's more on the inside than on the outside.

Thankfully most of this was fixed in the remake. If you really want to give yourself a headache, look at some of RE Zero's geometry in the training facility. Very poorly done.

User Info: The Chow

The Chow
1 month ago#9
Det_Beauregard posted...
Thankfully most of this was fixed in the remake. If you really want to give yourself a headache, look at some of RE Zero's geometry in the training facility. Very poorly done.

IIRC, nothing really ever lines up in RE0 when you compare zone maps with each other.
"I dreamt that I was a 'Genie-Firefighter'! I fought fires and granted wishes!"
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Played the original for the 1st time in years, am I trippin?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A