• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Claire and Leon should meet more often

User Info: sailormoonfetis

sailormoonfetis
1 month ago#1
There is simply little interaction between the two in this remake. They only met each other during the prologue (both runs) and during the ending.

The original actually does it better:
  • they meet outside the police station
  • they meet inside the police station
  • they meet at the sewers
  • Leon interacts with Sherry in the lab
  • they meet at the train station
It's like they were never really helping each other stay alive in the remake. I guess this is what happens when the director or story writer is a millennial.

The best things about Japan: anime, manga, ryona and sushi.
Sailor Moon, producing ryona since 1992.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
4 weeks ago#2
sailormoonfetis posted...
They only met each other during the prologue (both runs) and during the ending.
They also talk to each other briefly near the chopper wreckage.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: Beyond01

Beyond01
4 weeks ago#3
Agreed but they didn’t plan to have the B scenarios when production started. So I think that’s why a lot is missing including the meetings.
Here we go

User Info: Arkane Denial

Arkane Denial
4 weeks ago#4
Beyond01 posted...
Agreed but they didn’t plan to have the B scenarios when production started. So I think that’s why a lot is missing including the meetings.

Ah, so is that why the A and B timeline/placing/order of event things were off?
Bark at the Moon

User Info: SasTheVirtuous

SasTheVirtuous
3 weeks ago#5
sailormoonfetis posted...
There is simply little interaction between the two in this remake. They only met each other during the prologue (both runs) and during the ending.

The original actually does it better:
* they meet outside the police station
* they meet inside the police station
* they meet at the sewers
* Leon interacts with Sherry in the lab
* they meet at the train station
It's like they were never really helping each other stay alive in the remake. I guess this is what happens when the director or story writer is a millennial.
I completely agree. In the remake, the characters barely have reason to care about one another. The most nonsensical interaction at the locked gate after the helicopter crash should be an extra Easter egg cutscene, not a staple one. The same goes for the most nonsensical dialogue at the end where Sherry talks about having pets and getting adopted.
Mileena... Comingeena.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
3 weeks ago#6
Arkane Denial posted...
Ah, so is that why the A and B timeline/placing/order of event things were off?
Even for the original, I remember reading an old 90's interview where Sugimura and other staff members were reluctant to do the "zapping" system but it was something Kamiya pushed for.
With Kamiya's absence and Sugimura's passing, I guess there isn't much to motivate for the zapping system to be implemented.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Claire and Leon should meet more often
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A