• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Terrible part on Devs

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
2 months ago#11
Trespasser2003 posted...
RE3 had some of the most unnecessarily convoluted puzzles. That one and the water treatment facility puzzle are both so annoying.

At least the water one had a logic and everything on the screen. I never memorized how the numbers go for the clock one, only that the first goes back, the middle one goes forward and the last goes a lot forward. How much for each stone? No clue. I almost go trial and error, and having to keep inventory space also frustrates me a lot.

I do understand how annoying the water one can be, though, specially having to wait for the "song" to play and midway realizing you messed up but still gotta wait to try again, while listening to that annoying sound.

Barely playing online anymore. =\

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
2 months ago#12
Ryan86 posted...
At least the water one had a logic and everything on the screen. I never memorized how the numbers go for the clock one, only that the first goes back, the middle one goes forward and the last goes a lot forward. How much for each stone? No clue. I almost go trial and error, and having to keep inventory space also frustrates me a lot.

I do understand how annoying the water one can be, though, specially having to wait for the "song" to play and midway realizing you messed up but still gotta wait to try again, while listening to that annoying sound.

Absolutely. OH and that dumb one in the hospital basement too. The jewels and the hospital basement both have the same problem.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: Jman777

Jman777
2 months ago#13
Trespasser2003 posted...
Ah yes, the game that took all of the thinking out of the franchise.
I mean sure. The puzzles might not have been that complex but it’s still arguably one of the best RE to date. Game is a classic.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 months ago#14
I welcome the reintroduction of the 3D item-checks.

They were present in the very first RE back in 1996 but for some reason, were absent for two games in a row, RE2 & RE3.
In those games, "item checking" is just pressing a button on a 2D image and getting information automatically.

3D item checking always gives a bit more depth than just picking up the item and using it on something.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: UltimaGabe

UltimaGabe
2 months ago#15
If you're playing a game that lets you examine items, you're going to examine items. With the scepter/ruby in particular, you have a box that needs a ruby, and you have a scepter that has a giant ruby in it- why wouldn't you examine them to see if there's a way to combine the two? These seem pretty obvious to me, hardly as obtuse as some of the puzzles from games 20+ years ago.
PSN ID: RedSleeves
MOPS NAME IS

User Info: NemesisOgreKing

NemesisOgreKing
2 months ago#16
Trespasser2003 posted...
Ah yes, the game that took all of the thinking out of the franchise.
Lol, that already happened with OGRE2. xD xD xD
On the eighth day, God created Turok.
Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons.

User Info: Fuller_Boy

Fuller_Boy
2 months ago#17
UltimaGabe posted...
If you're playing a game that lets you examine items, you're going to examine items. With the scepter/ruby in particular, you have a box that needs a ruby, and you have a scepter that has a giant ruby in it- why wouldn't you examine them to see if there's a way to combine the two? These seem pretty obvious to me, hardly as obtuse as some of the puzzles from games 20+ years ago.
I understand that. The frustration was that every key in the game was for door purposes only, so I wouldn’t say it was obvious. Your only somewhat clue is the pamphlet in the art room talking about a ruby. All the other items you examine are fair, but I’m still holding my position of terrible part on devs from the scepter key. Especially for first time players.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
2 months ago#18
Guess we'll agree to disagree, then.
Barely playing online anymore. =\

User Info: ultimagameboy

ultimagameboy
1 month ago#19
Fuller_Boy posted...
I understand that. The frustration was that every key in the game was for door purposes only, so I wouldn’t say it was obvious. Your only somewhat clue is the pamphlet in the art room talking about a ruby. All the other items you examine are fair, but I’m still holding my position of terrible part on devs from the scepter key. Especially for first time players.
The issue here is that you keep called what's clearly a giant jewel inside the head of a sceptre a "key" like it was any other door key. That's not on the devs, that's on you lol. There's even tool tips in the game about both examining closely items and about the checkmark when they're finished with, which pop-up on-screen clear as day. You were given all the information you needed.
We gotta carpe the diem, take the bull by the scrote, go for the gold and forge it into matching nipple rings - Fetch

User Info: Kaz13

Kaz13
4 weeks ago#20
Fuller_Boy posted...
That makes since. I started around RE4 era. 2005-2007
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/8/2/0/AAZe_UAAA070.png
Well, there you go. RE typically had some clever puzzles like turning a book sideways to open it and retrieve important items. RE4 dumbed it down. Everything after dumbed down even more.
The large amount of underage characters is probably because Tekken's main audience age group is teenagers as shown in the ESRB rating.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Terrible part on Devs
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A