• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Terrible part on Devs

User Info: Fuller_Boy

Fuller_Boy
2 months ago#1
I’m not a huge fan of handholding in games, but how would you know to examine the heart key after it’s been used, therefore allowing you to get the ruby and combine with chest to get S.T.A.R.S badge. Then examine badge to get usb which allows you to access the machine gun. The F*** was Capcom on?

User Info: Zaschie

Zaschie
2 months ago#2
Because Resident Evil, particularly the early installments, were basically 3D Point and Clicks with combat. You had the ability to examine objects you acquired, including rotating them in some entries. It's part of the puzzle aspect of the series, even if it eventually took a backseat.
Beep . . . boop.
(edited 2 months ago)

Fuller_Boy
2 months ago#3
That makes since. I started around RE4 era. 2005-2007

User Info: KiraYamatoDaMan

KiraYamatoDaMan
2 months ago#4
Did you mix up the heart key with the scepter? The scepter has no other purposes other than to examine it.
PSN: AppleDough

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
2 months ago#5
Fuller_Boy posted...
That makes since. I started around RE4 era. 2005-2007

Ah yes, the game that took all of the thinking out of the franchise.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

Fuller_Boy
2 months ago#6
KiraYamatoDaMan posted...
Did you mix up the heart key with the scepter? The scepter has no other purposes other than to examine it.
That was my issue. I was thinking the scepter key, like the rest, was for opening purposes. I never saw the red check mark therefore I just assumed there was a door I might have missed. Unless I missed a clue or something, the game never really explained that.

That was pretty much my initial frustration from the start at the devs.

Fuller_Boy
2 months ago#7
And I apologize from my initial post. I meant the scepter key. Not heart.

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
2 months ago#8
Well, I thought it was obvious. There's the panflet focusing on the jewels themselves. The box has similar jewels. Before you can get both, the parking garage had you checking and rotating a box and a broken key to unlock the car's trunk.

Honestly, nothing seemed "unfair" to me.

The closest to unfair, in my opinion, is the OG RE3 jewel/clock puzzle, which had barely information and required rather forced trial and error in order to obtain the values in the first time.
Barely playing online anymore. =\

Fuller_Boy
2 months ago#9
Ryan86 posted...
Well, I thought it was obvious. There's the panflet focusing on the jewels themselves. The box has similar jewels. Before you can get both, the parking garage had you checking and rotating a box and a broken key to unlock the car's trunk.

Honestly, nothing seemed "unfair" to me.

The closest to unfair, in my opinion, is the OG RE3 jewel/clock puzzle, which had barely information and required rather forced trial and error in order to obtain the values in the first time.
Fair point. Like @Trespasser2003 mentioned RE4 had minimalistic value in terms of solving puzzles. I was too young when the original RE 1-3 came out, so I never understood the examination puzzle aspect of the franchise.

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
2 months ago#10
Ryan86 posted...

RE3 had some of the most unnecessarily convoluted puzzles. That one and the water treatment facility puzzle are both so annoying.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Terrible part on Devs
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A