• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What's everyone favorite scenario? (OG edition)

User Info: E_S_M_Z

E_S_M_Z
3 months ago#1
In the original game, which is your favorite scenario?

I'm in the middle of replaying the OG, and I have to say I really prefer the B scenario. There's more plot, more intensity, and just a lot more going on.

Of the A scenarios, I think Claire's is a bit better. Leon's is rather self-abosrbed, whereas Claire communicates a lot more with Leon, Annette has more of a purpose, and her plotline concerns G and the family more than Leon's sort of side-story romance. Leon's B story feels a lot better, because we've already established who the G family is in Claire's, and Leon B revolves a ;lot around the story that's already happened (He notes everyone ignores him, lol, has to rescue Sherry at the end, visits the Chief's office once Claire clears it, etc).

I haven't replayed Claire B, yet, though, so I can't even vote in my own poll yet. :)
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
3 months ago#2
Both A scenarios are decent, but B is Leon all the way for me. Claire B has so little going on, Sherry just vanishes in the sewers, there's barely conversation with Anette... Iunno, it just feels empty.

Funny though, because most people probably played Leon A Claire B first time, due to Leon's CD being labelled Disk 1.
Barely playing online anymore. =\

E_S_M_Z
3 months ago#3
Same for me, actually. I was impressed at how interwoven Leon B genuinely felt with Claire A. Aside from the many obvious things, I liked the small touch that it contextualized how much Claire ignored Leon in Claire A, lmao - most of their radio communication ended with Leon warning her and Claire hanging up without saying anything. Leon in B complains in multiple scenes about no one listening to him and while being kind of a gag initially, it actually furthers his character as he tries to act like the hero but everyone runs around doing fine without him.

By comparison, Claire B was basically "Claire A Featuring: Mr. X". The only real impact from Leon's campaign was about 15 seconds of exploring the prison. And to boot, Sherry never gets infected, so the stakes seem lower, and Ada throwing the launcher at the end feels a lot stranger.

There's also an odd scene in Claire B where Claire comes across Leon in the sewers after being shot...but...we just played Leon A and that never happened...huh?
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come

User Info: LightAngel2

LightAngel2
3 months ago#4
Leon B for sure. Not only does the overall narrative feel more solid if Leon handles the B route but his assortment of weapon upgrades just goes together so well with the Mr X gameplay.
Happy to say hi~

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
3 months ago#5
On topic of Mr X, guys, does my memory fail me, or in the OG it was nearly impossible to pass by Mr X without taking damage, and sometimes impossible to pass by at all? Without taking him down, I mean. He always appeared in very narrow corridors, and his slow hulk smash attack seemed to never be used as a first (which was mostly the only way I ever got past him, while he was doing that animation, after a few punches)
Barely playing online anymore. =\

User Info: LeftiesRule

LeftiesRule
1 month ago#6
Claire B.
2021 Games I'm Looking Forward To: Diablo 2 Remake, Halo Infinite, Tales Of Arise, Horizon Forbidden West, Kena Bridge Of Spirits, Samurai Warriors 5, etc...

User Info: KINGR1P

KINGR1P
1 month ago#7
Claire B always felt the hardest to me although they're all easy.

Plus, I enjoy the Chief Irons dialogue more than Ada's dialogue.
PSN: Rip_Da_Prince

User Info: Reala

Reala
1 month ago#8
E_S_M_Z posted...
There's also an odd scene in Claire B where Claire comes across Leon in the sewers after being shot...but...we just played Leon A and that never happened...huh?

That's because you're playing as Ada during that scene so you don't see it during Leon's game. The real head scratcher is after that scene how did Leon somehow get ahead of Claire and kill the alligator when she enters the sewer first and there's only 2 rooms before the alligator.

To answer the poll Claire A is my favorite followed by Leon B, Claire B and lastly Leon A. My least favorite scenario is currently the most popular in the poll.
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...

E_S_M_Z
1 month ago#9
IIRC, Leon is unconscious the whole time you're playing as Ada, and he just wakes up when you resume control of him. Unless he passed out multiple times I guess, lol.
Vanquisher of Gadonuts & The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come
Leon A: Weapons
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCinemassacreTruth/ Don't be a Slob
Your knowledge is only overshadowed by your stupidity, Starscream.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What's everyone favorite scenario? (OG edition)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A