• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Anybody else rarely bother with 2nd Run?

User Info: KINGR1P

KINGR1P
7 months ago#1
Beat all 4 scenarios on release on Hardcore without infinite weapons. Nowadays, i pretty much use the infinite assault rifle for fun. The Gatling gun is too powerful and the rocket launcher was fun for a playthrough or two but i never use it anymore.

Recently went through 2nd Run with no infinite weapons on Hardcore and as usual i get hit by at least one of the zombies at the beginning. The rest of the game i noticed some of the enemy placements were annoying like the Licker that doesnt despawn in the hallway you need to board up windows. The Tyrant didnt bother me much since i remembered that he comes earlier if you get the battery from the STARS office.

Unlike the original the differences between the first run is miniscule. I usually just do the first run with Claire and Leon and call it a day. In the original i make it a point to beat both A and B scenarios and we all know the reasons why.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Still a spectacular game and im not trying to s*** on it by any means.
PSN: Rip_Da_Prince

User Info: BlackNine34435

BlackNine34435
7 months ago#2
Personally I consider a full playthrough to be "A and B" scenarios in this game. But from a storyline perspective it's interesting to just play Leon and Claire back to back in the same scenario each instead of bothering with the "continuity" presented.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
7 months ago#3
I like 2nd Run for the remix, and it feels a bit shorter if I don't want to spend as much time, but I wish it was remixed more or something since they didn't do the B scenarios like you mention.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: EndlessCemetary

EndlessCemetary
7 months ago#4
I like that the B scenarios are tougher and that you get the magnum/MQ earlier, but I generally prefer to play the A routes

User Info: Jordan_AS

Jordan_AS
7 months ago#5
I usually run it with Claire because being locked out of the breakroom area in scenario A bothers me way too much.
Evey: Is everything a joke to you, Gordon?
Gordon: Only the things that matter.

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
7 months ago#6
Whenever I go back and play this game I always do Claire 1st run and Leon 2nd run back to back.
This is war... Survival is your responsibility..

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
7 months ago#7
I don't play 2nd Run as often, but it's more than just rarely.

User Info: sirliftalot87

sirliftalot87
7 months ago#8
I only play second run

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
7 months ago#9
When I was playing, I played all runs equally. Generally 1st Runs I don't pick up magnum/smg, so it's nice to have them for 2nd Run since they areway quicker to get there.

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
7 months ago#10
It frustrates me how few differences there are between 1st and 2nd stories. 2nd just feels empty without Marvin, the same bosses breaks the feeling of continuity that there should be the reason of a 2nd story, too.

Iunno, it just bugs me. Being forced into alternative handguns doesn't help (Leon looks awkward, and Claire may be cool but both also lose their handguns upgrades, and it's usually not worth making ammo from gunpowder).

But, things are easier/faster. And early SMG/MG.

.... It's just weird.
Barely playing online anymore. =\
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Anybody else rarely bother with 2nd Run?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A