• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. 1st run vs 2nd run?

User Info: sailormoonfetis

sailormoonfetis
3 weeks ago#1
Which do you replay more often?

Both Leon and Claire.
The best things about Japan: anime, manga, ryona and sushi.
Sailor Moon, producing ryona since 1992.

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
3 weeks ago#2
First run:

1. Has the complete intro
2. more interactions with other characters
3. I prefer the flow

2nd run feels incomplete because of the lack of intro, no street section at the start and they kinda just toss you into the game. I also dont like how the story doesnt change at all from first to second run besides the ending. The ending and fighting G-5 doesnt make up for how messed up the beginning is.
This is war... Survival is your responsibility..
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: MrMexican95

MrMexican95
3 weeks ago#3
1st.

I dont like using the handguns in the 2nd run.
Currently playing spiderman, shadow of the tomb raider and resident evil 2

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
3 weeks ago#4
MrMexican95 posted...
1st.

I dont like using the handguns in the 2nd run.

Ah yes, I knew I was forgetting something. 2nd run forces me to use the infinite handgun cause the one you get suck.
This is war... Survival is your responsibility..

User Info: Malevolent_Moon

Malevolent_Moon
3 weeks ago#5
1st run.

There's honestly no point to the 2nd Run. No new areas, no new objectives, no new anything really. A new pistol that for Leon is dogs*** and for Claire is just ok.

Thanks but I'll just stick to the 1st Run. Oh and f*** the little notes that say the other character was previously there, it's downright impossible in the sewers but sure whatever lol
God's lonely man

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
3 weeks ago#6
I prefer 1st run, but I play them more or less equally. Obviously 1dt run had more time in development and turned out to be better and more organized, whereas 2nd run is rushed and feels like a remixed version of the first run.

I play 1st run if I just wanna hop in a do a quick run because it feels more organized, and I play 2nd run if I want to do a challenge run because 2nd run is more difficult.

My favorite challenge is speedrunning Claire 2nd run on Hardcore without using the item box, that’s because Claire 2nd run gets the most amount of items, weapons, and ammo types.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: Alexandros_IXth

Alexandros_IXth
3 weeks ago#7
I almost exclusively play 2nd run. It skips what I call the bulls*** segment before the game really gets to start.

I like that it throws you in to an already infested RPD.

I’ll occasionally play first run if I want to relax and watch every cutscene again tho. It’s better from a story perspective aside from the ending.

User Info: sailormoonfetis

sailormoonfetis
3 weeks ago#8
Alexandros_IXth posted...
I almost exclusively play 2nd run. It skips what I call the bulls*** segment before the game really gets to start.

For this reason, I always have a separate save file on the 1st typewriter in 1st run, both characters so the game immediately starts in the precinct. There's no missable item before you enter the precinct anyway.
The best things about Japan: anime, manga, ryona and sushi.
Sailor Moon, producing ryona since 1992.

User Info: Alexandros_IXth

Alexandros_IXth
3 weeks ago#9
sailormoonfetis posted...
Alexandros_IXth posted...

For this reason, I always have a separate save file on the 1st typewriter in 1st run, both characters so the game immediately starts in the precinct. There's no missable item before you enter the precinct anyway.

That’s actually a pretty good idea. I might steal that. I’m not someone who usually has more than one file per character, so it never crossed my hand to have “starting point” saves.

User Info: TCrinaleT

TCrinaleT
3 weeks ago#10
1st scenario.

2nd scenario is just more annoying for the wrong reasons. Mr.X overstays, zombies in more inconvenient places, no box in the main hall (makes item management slightly more annoying at the beginning).

B is just A but more annoying.
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1356769
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. 1st run vs 2nd run?
  • Post New Message