• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Do you think it would be a good idea to keep Mr. X in 2nd Story?

User Info: Violet_Blooded

Violet_Blooded
1 month ago#1
So they went with Clair vs Birkin, Leon vs X in all Scenarios, do you think it would have been better if they went 1st Run vs Birkin, 2nd Run vs X regardless of MC?
http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu245/vivix_00/VioBsig.jpg

User Info: MrMexican95

MrMexican95
1 month ago#2
Imagine if instead of mr x there was a segment where birkin stalked you for a bit...

I dunno that might be actually a bad idea.
Currently playing spiderman, shadow of the tomb raider and resident evil 2

User Info: Fiz57

Fiz57
1 month ago#3
And replace him with what? Crimson Head zombie Brad with grenade attach that even if you shot him faraway, you will die like shooting a nuclear bomb?

Maybe replace him with Nemesis so he could gatling gun and rocket launcher or tentacle people? Mr. X is not much of a threat once people get use to it.
Cardboard boxes are amazing. You could use it to sneak around. Drop on someone to stun them. Heck if you aren't satisfy with ramming, try a tank through co-op.

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 month ago#4
Bosses should have been split and there should have only been 2 campaigns instead of 4 half assed ones.

Leon:

G-Adult
Alligator
G-2
Mr.X

Final: Super Tyrant

Claire:

G-1
G-3
G-4

Final: G-5

G-adult should go back to being a boss and spiders should have been in the sewers. Claire gets more forms of Birkin since it fits with her story with Sherry and Birkin coming after her. Leon gets X to make up for having smaller boss fights like the alligator.
This is war... Survival is your responsibility..

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
1 month ago#5
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Bosses should have been split and there should have only been 2 campaigns instead of 4 half assed ones.

Leon:

G-Adult
Alligator
G-2
Mr.X

Claire:

G-1
G-3
G-4

G-adult should go back to being a boss and spiders should have been in the sewers. Claire gets more forms of Birkin since it fits with her story with Sherry and Birkin coming after her. Leon gets X to make up for having smaller boss fights like the alligator.

That's nearly the same as my theories. Yea, two consistent campaigns would have been better than four shoddy ones, and I actually championed for two campaigns before release, but in hindsight, Resident Evil 2 needs four campaigns. It's just too iconic to the game.

I'd split it like this:

Leon A:
G-1
G-2 (version 1)
G-3
Claire B:
G-Adult
G-2 (version 2)
Giant Moth
Final: G-4
Climax: G-5

Claire A:
G-1
G-2 (version 1)
G-3
Leon B:
G-Adult
G-2 (version 2)
Giant Moth

I would also replace sewer G-Adults with spiders, and then I'd make the G-adult the first boss fight of the B scenario. I'd probably have to delay the G-adult fight until the begining of the sewers.

I'm not even counting the Giant Alligator as a boss. It's more of a minigame than anything. But I'd keep it Leon only. Claire gets the extra streets section, Leon gets the Alligator. Though I'd probably stick a few zombs in that long ass tunnel before it.

Since you do the G-2 fight in both campaigns in the original, I'd do something similar, maybe with one campaign's version being less gimmicky.

I'd replace the G-3 fight in B with a fight against the Giant Moth, for the sake of both mixing up the boss fights and bringing the Moth back. Maybe have the fight take place in the central bridge area, the Moth plunging into the darkness upon defeat.

And finally, I'd keep G-5 exclusive to B. That one's obvious.

The plan is not perfect. All of this would definitely require some major reworking. And my plan for B might have you go too long before your first boss encounter. But it would still be a better plan than just awkwardly repeating the same boss fights.

I gladly would have taken a delay in release if all of this was implemented.
Now Playing: MTG Arena, RE2 2019, LoZ: ALttP
"WE DO IT!"

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 month ago#6
TheThirdDay posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...

Leon:

G-Adult
Alligator
G-2
Mr.X

Claire:

G-1
G-3
G-4

That's nearly the same as my theories. Yea, two consistent campaigns would have been better than four shoddy ones, and I actually championed for two campaigns before release, but in hindsight, Resident Evil 2 needs four campaigns. It's just too iconic to the game.

I'd split it like this:

Leon A:
G-1
G-2 (version 1)
G-3
Claire B:
G-Adult
G-2 (version 2)
Giant Moth

Claire A:
G-1
G-2 (version 1)
G-3
Leon B:
G-Adult
G-2 (version 2)
Giant Moth

I would also replace sewer G-Adults with spiders, and then I'd make the G-adult the first boss fight of the B scenario. I'd probably have to delay the G-adult fight until the begining of the sewers.

I'm not even counting the Giant Alligator as a boss. It's more of a minigame than anything. But I'd keep it Leon only. Claire gets the extra streets section, Leon gets the Alligator. Though I'd probably stick a few zombs in that long ass tunnel before it.

Since you do the G-2 fight in both campaigns in the original, I'd do something similar, maybe with one campaign's version being less gimmicky.

I'd replace the G-3 fight in B with a fight against the Giant Moth, for the sake of both mixing up the boss fights and bringing the Moth back. Maybe have the fight take place in the central bridge area, the Moth plunging into the darkness upon defeat.

And finally, I'd keep G-5 exclusive to B. That one's obvious.

The plan is not perfect. All of this would definitely require some major reworking. And my plan for B might have you go too long before your first boss encounter. But it would still be a better plan than just awkwardly repeating the same boss fights.

I gladly would have taken a delay in release if all of this was implemented.

I dont think RE2 needs 4 campaigns as it was unnecessary in the original as well. I think RE2 needs to do what RE1 never did and just have a full canon story, Leons side and Claires side. This coming from someone who’s favorite game of all time is OG RE2.

That way they could have put their full attention on those 2 campaigns and create a completely focused and intertwined story between the characters. No need for pointless non canon extra campaigns. Especially when they could have taken that time and those resources and given us an Ada campaign. She is in Raccoon City for a while before and after Leon and Claire. Coming from someone who doesnt even like Ada that much.

2 intertwined campaigns (Leon and Claire)
3rd unlockable campaign (Ada)
Hunk
Tofu
Extreme Battle mode or Raid Mode

Is what I would have wanted out of this game. Cut the extra campaigns, put more focus on the characters and story, give us a nice replayable extra mode while obviously keeping Hunk and Tofu.
This is war... Survival is your responsibility..

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
1 month ago#7
If they did that right, I would have been absolutely satisfied with it.

Again, before release, I supported the idea of two canon campaigns. But I did forget how cool the A/B system was. It's really cool getting that slightly different perspective and slightly different story. It really does make for four unique experiences. If done right.

But, yeah. Two coherent and entirely unique campaigns would have been better than four with minor variations. 100%.
Now Playing: MTG Arena, RE2 2019, LoZ: ALttP
"WE DO IT!"

User Info: MrMexican95

MrMexican95
1 month ago#8
Syn_Vengeance posted...

Leon:

G-Adult
Alligator
G-2
Mr.X

Claire:

G-1
G-3
G-4

I like what they did with the g adults in this remake. It fits the lore more that theres more than one as birkin would just be implanting embroys into anything he can.

I would have done it:

Claire
G1 (police station)
G3 (sewers)
G4 (lab)
G5 (train)

Leon
Mr X (police station)
G2 (sewers)
Mr X (lab)
G5 (Train)

I was kinda expecting the final boss to involve both characters, like both fights G5 but in different ways. Maybe one fights him inside the train car whilst the other has to climb to the front of the train.
Currently playing spiderman, shadow of the tomb raider and resident evil 2
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Do you think it would be a good idea to keep Mr. X in 2nd Story?
  • Topic Archived