• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Question about Mr X in Claire A *Spoilers*

User Info: olk3034

olk3034
2 months ago#1
When you leave the Police Station to go to the Orphanage, does that despawn Mr X forever? If I go back to the Police Station before actually entering the Orphanage, will he still stalk me? I missed a lot of locked doors and collectibles, and barely have any ammo. It's either this or reloading.
http://i.imgur.com/lvzLhiZ.jpg

User Info: SteelDragon2050

SteelDragon2050
2 months ago#2
Just made a run on A to test this. I'm not sure when exactly he despawns, since he was still there right after the zombie breaks the gate, but i went on until almost triggering the scene at the orphanage gate, went back, and he was gone. I even backtracked to the main hall while making a bunch of noise. So after Claire says "That must be the orphanage." you're good to go back for sure. Just don't pass through the orphanage gate, as it's locked behind you.

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
2 months ago#3
I never tried going back to the RPD after triggering him in the garage, so others might have a better answer... but I can say for sure that not too long from now you'll be able to return to the precinct and explore it Mr. X-free.

I wouldn't worry too much about ammo for the moment. You'll find more stuff in the next area.
And this time!

User Info: olk3034

olk3034
2 months ago#4
SteelDragon2050 posted...
Just made a run on A to test this. I'm not sure when exactly he despawns, since he was still there right after the zombie breaks the gate, but i went on until almost triggering the scene at the orphanage gate, went back, and he was gone. I even backtracked to the main hall while making a bunch of noise. So after Claire says "That must be the orphanage." you're good to go back for sure. Just don't pass through the orphanage gate, as it's locked behind you.

Thanks for this, that's pretty cool

Da Dood posted...
I never tried going back to the RPD after triggering him in the garage, so others might have a better answer... but I can say for sure that not too long from now you'll be able to return to the precinct and explore it Mr. X-free.

I wouldn't worry too much about ammo for the moment. You'll find more stuff in the next area.

I had a ton of keys that weren't used so I missed a ton. And I have no sub weapons or anything either, was screwed with zombies chasing me while doing the rook puzzle lol.
http://i.imgur.com/lvzLhiZ.jpg

User Info: SteelDragon2050

SteelDragon2050
2 months ago#5
You're welcome. It made me curious, so i decided to look because i thought i had a save i could backtrack, but i had already gone through the orphanage gate.

User Info: WalterBlue

WalterBlue
2 months ago#6
Interesting. I always figured that he stuck around the station until Birkin kills him, but apparently it happens a bit earlier.
I am thou, thou art I...
Thou hast acquired a new vow.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
2 months ago#7
If memory serves me, you can also ride the elevator down to the parking garage and back up again to temporarily get rid of him, leaving the station free to explore again. When you're ready to move on, he'll still appear when you try to leave the parking garage.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Question about Mr X in Claire A *Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived