You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Phew finally got my S+ for leon A Hardcore

User Info: Kennobody

Kennobody
4 weeks ago#1
Time was 2Hr 10 min on old PS4, ya I know it wasn't some incredible time & considering

1. I brought DLC inifinite weapons already, I can don't bother for leon S+......
2. Most of the players' times I saw was 1hr 30min (+/- 10 to 20min)
3. This game is out for months.

However, I am glad since I am a mediocre player & finally I get it off my mind. I got S+ for Claire A long time ago though.
So if my average skills can do it, someone (with sub-par skills too) out there who is still playing, he/she can do it too.

For weapons,
1. I always thought Claire have the upper hand with regards to weapons, but the flamethrower for bosses - G2 onwards, is incredible (although on the way to get it is painful, %*#$&@* G adults).

2. Used Matilda until I came back to sewer from RPD (2nd trip). Used Lightning Hawk for G adults. Rest of game used shotgun ammo for normal enemies & little bit for bosses. Only use infinite knife for G1.

For super tyrant, the execution (for positioning) at his non-mutated arm was tough. Managed 3 to 5 times correct only. Luckily brought enough grenades.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
4 weeks ago#2
Kennobody posted...
Time was 2Hr 10 min on old PS4, ya I know it wasn't some incredible time & considering

2:10 for your first S+ is perfectly respectable. My first was 2:22, now it's down to 1:45.

Kennobody posted...
I always thought Claire have the upper hand with regards to weapons, but the flamethrower for bosses - G2 onwards, is incredible (although on the way to get it is painful, %*#$&@* G adults).

I don't think I have a preference really. The shotgun is great for dealing with zombies and the flamethrower destroys G2 and G3, but Claire gets the grenade launcher to deal with G-Adults and Ivies. I guess it depends on which parts of the game give you the most trouble and which character has the best tools for dealing with it
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: Kennobody

Kennobody
4 weeks ago#3
2:10 for your first S+ is perfectly respectable.

Thank you! I thought that I can get < 2hr since I am more or less know enemies' locations from videos except maybe 1 or 2 spots. I like that the game forces the player to think ahead which is even more so on hardcore. Each time I get to item box; what can I bring/sacrifice, what items I am going to get in between item boxes, how many slots available, how I am going to deal with upcoming zombies.....etc.

But I still backtrack a lot since I decided to play safe to get items and also forget about some items. I guess that is what wasted a lot of time. In the end I actually left with plenty of Matilda & Shotgun ammos (Lmao).

My first was 2:22, now it's down to 1:45

Nice, on the time shorten.

I guess it depends on which parts of the game give you the most trouble and which character has the best tools for dealing with it

True. How i wish each character can use each other exclusive weapons (wishful thinking).

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
4 weeks ago#4
It'd be cool if there was a "3rd Run" that let you use any weapon in the game, or at least let you choose between the two options each time. Toughest choice would be launcher or shotgun.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Phew finally got my S+ for leon A Hardcore