• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. This game needed more MR X.

User Info: soulofninjasoul

soulofninjasoul
1 month ago#1
MR X is seriously not that bad of a threat, once you realize that he has to hear you.
If you dont use your gun, he cannot hear you. If you walk and dont run when hes nearby, you can literally coast right by him.

I think that mister x was put in the game to weed out terrible players. That's the only answer.
Life is an S.T.D with a 100% Mortality rate. Guns and Coffee!

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 month ago#2
So...do you know it's Mr. X or not?
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: nemesiskite55

nemesiskite55
1 month ago#3
Wait, what? You can sneak past the Tyrant? I always just book it when I see him because I thought he had decent eyesight. I dropped the game for a second when I realized I screwed my Claire B by not putting enough boards on windows for Leon A, thinking I'm stuck trying to somehow run from X while tiptoeing around Lickers. If I could just tiptoe the whole thing, this makes things so much easier. Damn.
Playing: Resident Evil 2 (PS4)
Watching: Kimetsu no Yaiba, BokuBen, JoJo Vento Aureo

soulofninjasoul
1 month ago#4
edward18 posted...
So...do you know it's Mr. X or not?

His name is Tyrant, even though people on here insist that its mister x to the confusion of developers and everyone else.

User Info: Mr_Party_Pants

Mr_Party_Pants
1 month ago#5
His name is Robert Paulson

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
1 month ago#6
I honestly kind of agree. My best moments in the game were these non scripted encounters where I was sandwiched between X and lickers or just a hallway of zombies. Really got the heart pumping.

User Info: PotholeFace

PotholeFace
1 month ago#7
ColZach posted...
My best moments in the game were these non scripted encounters where I was sandwiched between X and lickers or just a hallway of zombies. Really got the heart pumping.

I have to agree. I had a blast with my blind HC run. Having to deal with OP zombies, X, limited ammo/herbs, and new puzzles simultaneously was intense. And at that time, I didn't know you could run past stunned zombies, walk past lickers, knife lickers, and knife veggie zombies. Finished the game with barely any ammo left. lol

The next best challenge this game offered was the HC No Item Box run. Required some actual planning.

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 month ago#8
nemesiskite55 posted...
Wait, what? You can sneak past the Tyrant? I always just book it when I see him because I thought he had decent eyesight. I dropped the game for a second when I realized I screwed my Claire B by not putting enough boards on windows for Leon A, thinking I'm stuck trying to somehow run from X while tiptoeing around Lickers. If I could just tiptoe the whole thing, this makes things so much easier. Damn.

He can only hear you from far away and / or will give chase if he sees you, you use firearms and explosives, run while anywhere while he is around, or walk while in his immediate vacinity. But if you stand still, walk while at a distance in the same area, or walk while in a different room, he can't hear you and won't chase you, and instead will search around nearby rooms somewhat randomly to try and find you. It's pretty much the same case when dealing with Lickers, except they can't chase you between as many rooms.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684

soulofninjasoul
1 month ago#9
Number090684 posted...
nemesiskite55 posted...

He can only hear you from far away and / or will give chase if he sees you, you use firearms and explosives, run while anywhere while he is around, or walk while in his immediate vacinity. But if you stand still, walk while at a distance in the same area, or walk while in a different room, he can't hear you and won't chase you, and instead will search around nearby rooms somewhat randomly to try and find you. It's pretty much the same case when dealing with Lickers, except they can't chase you between as many rooms.

Completely this.
Mr X imo is just a noob scrubber.
People who hate him or find him annoying are really not that great at the game.

User Info: Tsunade11

Tsunade11
1 month ago#10
Mr X was fine in this game but Nemesis better be on another level.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. This game needed more MR X.
  • Topic Archived