• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why did almost everyone here play the original RE2 with autoaim?

User Info: Kalderus

Kalderus
1 month ago#21
I first played RE2 on the GCN port right after REmake when I was 11 in '02 (I wasn't quite old enough to have played the original PSX version in '98 since I was 7 then) but I rarely used autoaim.

I didn't even know it was a thing you could turn on until probably my 2nd playthrough at the least.

However, OG RE2 lacked a quick turn like RE3 and later games, if I recall correctly.

Recently however, when I replayed it 2 months ago, I found myself only turning it on for the dog Birkin boss (G5 in OG RE2), since he can it jump on top of the test tubes and over you. He's pretty much the only enemy with complex vertical movements, and the camera angles in the boss room are abysmal for firing visibility, so at that point it helped a bit.

Also, autoaim was practically MANDATORY for RE3 if you wanted to have any hope at fighting Nemesis, considering how fast he was relative to almost any previous RE enemy.
You just cost me six thousand dollars. -Richard Roma

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
1 month ago#22
Who cares? The original is better than the re-imagining
https://twitter.com/SethMPTP/status/1079560999722569728
Kid Buu>>>Buuhan confirmed

User Info: TerraSeeker

TerraSeeker
1 month ago#23
If people bring up how aiming makes RE2 rea=make better than the original, it's because the original wasn't designed from a perspective from which players can aim.
Never bring a tool to a sword fight

User Info: spyder42

spyder42
1 month ago#24
Where is the 'almost everyone here' assumption coming from? Is there an online statistic somewhere for how many people played what ps1 game which way?
3lric from Bethesda.net
List of all my Fallout 4 Mods Here: http://bit.do/3lricsMods

User Info: ZBug_

ZBug_
1 month ago#25
Because not being able to see right in front of you and still be expected to hit monsters is stupid.
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook

User Info: King_Ludd

King_Ludd
1 month ago#26
ZBug_ posted...
Because not being able to see right in front of you and still be expected to hit monsters is stupid.

A camera setup where you cant see in front of you is stupid to begin.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
1 month ago#27
ZBug_ posted...

And yet it made Drakengard 3's final boss amazing.
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Wbis

Wbis
1 month ago#28
Why did you write an essay about the old RE2 auto aim function on the RE2R board...
https://www.twitch.tv/wbis_tv - retro games, speedrunning and challenge runs. Hit me up with a follow to know when I'm live!

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
1 month ago#29
This thread made me wanna try RE3 without auto-aim to see if it feels any different... 3 is more action oriented than most classics and all, maybe fighting Nemesis and Hunters will be more difficult.

RE2 is a piece of cake either way, and REmake has auto-aim switched off for Real Survivor mode and to me it made no difference.
And this time!

User Info: ESCachuli

ESCachuli
1 month ago#30
King_Ludd posted...
ZBug_ posted...

A camera setup where you cant see in front of you is stupid to begin.

Basically. It can be a great game even despite the fixed cameras, but they are a flaw. Period.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why did almost everyone here play the original RE2 with autoaim?
  • Topic Archived