You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. RE2 sold 4 million. It's time for Capcom to remember voice actors are a thing.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 month ago#1
No more excuses and no more garbage voices like RE7 Chris and REmake2 Leon and Claire. It's time to get some A list voice actors for future RE games.
You don't want to bring back Roger and Allyson? Fine just get more decent voices, Tara Strong, Laura Bailey, Nolan North, Troy Baker, Liam O Brian etc etc.
I don't want Leon to be voiced by Mr This my first voice acting role. New people deserve a chance too sure, have them for side characters. The Protagonists must have the highest quality.
DMC5 got all the actors back for the 3 most important characters, have RE do the same for Chris and the gang.

Forgot to post the link. Here:
https://gematsu.com/2019/05/capcom-sales-update-resident-evil-2-at-4-2-million-devil-may-cry-5-at-2-1-million-more
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Kalderus

Kalderus
1 month ago#2
As much as I like and respect the OG voice actors, it might be a bit tough for Allyson and Paul to sound 19 and 21 again in 2019.
You just cost me six thousand dollars. -Richard Roma
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: spyder42

spyder42
1 month ago#3
What was wrong with the voices in RE2 Remake? Sounded fine. Weird complaints around here sometimes.
3lric from Bethesda.net
List of all my Fallout 4 Mods Here: http://bit.do/3lricsMods

User Info: Trigger Zero

Trigger Zero
1 month ago#4
spyder42 posted...
What was wrong with the voices in RE2 Remake? Sounded fine. Weird complaints around here sometimes.

They just are wanting people to debate with them for no good reason. Hope your day is going well, all.
Such be all of humanity, a species clinging to hopes that reality be but a dream that they may wake from it in Heaven.
(message deleted)

User Info: Dunaris

Dunaris
1 month ago#6
The weird thing is, that I found Leon&Claire the worst voice actors in the game, everyone else was better. Leon was ok, but kinda boring. I couldn't stand Claire's voice actress, she had a really annoying voice but maybe that's the case because I'm not american.
The world is changing. Who now has now the strength to stand against the armies of Isengard and Mordor?
- Well, I think I do not.

Venage27
1 month ago#7
spyder42 posted...

Compare Leon's voice in the REmake2 to Matthew Mercer(Leon's previous VA). Matthew is a voice acting beast. Why replace him for no reason?

Venage27
1 month ago#8
Dunaris posted...
The weird thing is, that I found Leon&Claire the worst voice actors in the game, everyone else was better. Leon was ok, but kinda boring. I couldn't stand Claire's voice actress, she had a really annoying voice but maybe that's the case because I'm not american.

Agreed. The only voice I liked was Hunk's. Leon and Ada were bad and Claire was easily the worst. All 3 of them sound too generic. People complain about the cheesiness of the original but I prefer it 100 times over the boring tone everyone has in the REmake2. The only time I kinda liked Leon was during The Kendo scene. It was the only moment in the game that Leon was Leon.

User Info: Xeed-HP

Xeed-HP
1 month ago#9
Some of the gaming community: this is a good voice actor. I WANT HIM IN EVERYTHING.

Same people: Ugh, there is no more diversity in video games.
The hunt for Yiazmat is Over. FFXII TZA platinumed.

Venage27
1 month ago#10
Xeed-HP posted...
Some of the gaming community: this is a good voice actor. I WANT HIM IN EVERYTHING.

Same people: Ugh, there is no more diversity in video games.

The only people who want diversity in gaming are SJW weirdos. Normal people just want good characters and stories. Back to the Voice Actor subject. I'm pretty sure that nobody would ever complain if Alysson reprised her role as Claire. We old fans would be more than happy if that happened.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. RE2 sold 4 million. It's time for Capcom to remember voice actors are a thing.