• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. After Playing The Remake......

User Info: Trigger Zero

Trigger Zero
2 months ago#11
@Syn_Vengeance
To your point 8 about the bowgun: I used it as a shotgun-lite. Hitting a zombie so that all three bolts hit a target was actually pretty helpful in putting down common zombies, and the bowgun often supplemented my handgun as Claire in my original RE2 runs.

Was it as useful as the grenade launcher? No. Against anything that isn't a zombie the weapon is indeed pitiful. But for zombies it is a fantastic alternative to Claire's handgun, especially for groups as it had the same effect as the three round burst Matilda: it knocked zombies down and often killed in one to two shots.
Such be all of humanity, a species clinging to hopes that reality be but a dream that they may wake from it in Heaven.

User Info: BirkinGjaber

BirkinGjaber
2 months ago#12
RE2 REmake was a great game in its own right but the poster just does not think it is as good as the OG in his opinion, and to each's own with that. I agree, the original game was better for me and that is based on personal preference and to a large degree it had to do with the style the games were made back then. CAPCOM did make contradictory statements in regards to living up to the original and being reimagined. Initially post E3, they stated it was not one to one but also made a statement saying they wanted to stay true to the original. What we got was a brand new RE2 which is what the game would be like if it were never made in 1998. Thankfully, the 1998 version does exist.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 months ago#13
Bowgun could have potentially be a stealth weapon, where you can fire without Lickers hearing.
But it's nicely replaced with a Sub Machine Gun + Suppressor.

The con about not having a Bowgun is that there won't be any Gunpowder Bolts.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
2 months ago#14
You spend more time outside in the city in this game than you ever did in the original. Fact. I’m starting to think you haven’t played the whole thing.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: Sbee

Sbee
2 months ago#15
I consider the remake a more laser focused, concise experience that doesn’t have a lot of lull besides the Ada and Sherry. Each have their own strengths and weaknesses. But for a more tension filled experience I prefer the remake. I’m more concerned that they cut the already scarce content in the RE3 remake.
I'm available for kids parties, public executions, and any mother's birthday for premium snuggles

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
2 months ago#16
BirkinGjaber posted...
RE2 REmake was a great game in its own right but the poster just does not think it is as good as the OG in his opinion, and to each's own with that.

Oh, absolutely. I always respect other's opinions, as long as they're informed and presented respecfully.

That being said, it's really hard to believe TC even played the game.

Syn_Vengeance posted...
utter destruction

It's a good thing the only one of us who's actually willing to respond to these posters shuts them down so completely. Lol.
Now Playing: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Borderlands 2, CoD: WWII
"WE DO IT!"

User Info: alex72886

alex72886
2 months ago#17
This is getting old ppol... Just let the poster be. That's his opinion of what a better game is for him.
"It's smarter to be lucky than it's lucky to be smart"
PSN: BluesRockShooter

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
1 month ago#18
Darkstar22698 posted...
It's a shame how a game from 1998 has more content and is way better than a remake of that same game in 2019.

1. They cut half of the city in the first part of the game, no gunshop, back alley, and bus entrance.

2. No, special key from Bard Vickers which gives you 2 costumes for Leon and Clair that also comes with a gun with unique animations.

3. No, special cutscenes and deaths for Ben and Chief Irons.

4. They ruined Ben's character. They turned him from a person who purposely locked himself in a cell to get away from the dangers that were outside and wanted to expose Chief Irons and Racoon City to the public, to an a****** who made Leon look like the bad guy. And they also cut the other half of his part also.

5. Chief Irons sucked compared to the original and his death was not satisfying at all.

6. They cut out enemies like G-Type young, Poison Ivy, Crows, Evolved Lickers, Large Roaches, Ivy, Vines, Larvae, Giant Moth And Birkins 4 legged G fouth Type form.

7. The zombie damage is inconsistent and plays more like an RPG. One minute Zombie 1 can die in 1 shot to the head and the next minute zombie 2 dies in 10 shots.

8. They cut the Bow Gun.

9. They purposely made the music garbage so they can scam you into buying the old soundtrack for DLC.

10. Locking costumes behind DLC.

11. No, special conversations between Leon And Clair throughout the game.

12. They altered the characters personalities.

13. They constantly shoved MR X in you're face

14. No, A and B scenarios

15. No, Zapping system which Capcom created first.

16. No Extreme Battle Mode with Chris Redfield as a guest character.

That fact that people still defend this game with all the cut content boggles my mind. Why should I cough up 60 bucks for a game that has less content than the original?

agree with everything. i miss being able to get detailed text from everything. really boosted the atmosphere.
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

User Info: Vamp_Wraith

Vamp_Wraith
1 month ago#19
You guys got baited hard.
The one and only true Dante

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 month ago#20
Darkstar22698 posted...
It's a shame how a game from 1998 has more content and is way better than a remake of that same game in 2019.

1. They cut half of the city in the first part of the game, no gunshop, back alley, and bus entrance.

2. No, special key from Bard Vickers which gives you 2 costumes for Leon and Clair that also comes with a gun with unique animations.

3. No, special cutscenes and deaths for Ben and Chief Irons.

4. They ruined Ben's character. They turned him from a person who purposely locked himself in a cell to get away from the dangers that were outside and wanted to expose Chief Irons and Racoon City to the public, to an a****** who made Leon look like the bad guy. And they also cut the other half of his part also.

5. Chief Irons sucked compared to the original and his death was not satisfying at all.

6. They cut out enemies like G-Type young, Poison Ivy, Crows, Evolved Lickers, Large Roaches, Ivy, Vines, Larvae, Giant Moth And Birkins 4 legged G fouth Type form.

7. The zombie damage is inconsistent and plays more like an RPG. One minute Zombie 1 can die in 1 shot to the head and the next minute zombie 2 dies in 10 shots.

8. They cut the Bow Gun.

9. They purposely made the music garbage so they can scam you into buying the old soundtrack for DLC.

10. Locking costumes behind DLC.

11. No, special conversations between Leon And Clair throughout the game.

12. They altered the characters personalities.

13. They constantly shoved MR X in you're face

14. No, A and B scenarios

15. No, Zapping system which Capcom created first.

16. No Extreme Battle Mode with Chris Redfield as a guest character.

That fact that people still defend this game with all the cut content boggles my mind. Why should I cough up 60 bucks for a game that has less content than the original?

I agree with only some of this....

We should have been able to explore more of Raccoon City, but the Gun Shop is there though, but only for Leon.

No Brad kind of lame, but Leon and Claire's special animations are tied to their 2nd scenario pistols and are there.

Irons was more original and interesting in the original, but in the remake he comes off more threatening and frightening, especially when seen from Sherry's perspective. His death is poor in the remake though.

They did mess up and somehow ruin Ben.

G Young are still in, but it sucks they removed all of the other enemies.

This game has a hidden adaptive difficulty that scales in comparison to how well you are doing, somewhat similar to RE4.

No bowgun is lame, but we did get frag and flash grenades and can use them and knives as defense items, so it's not all downside.

Yeah, no real excuse for the soundtrack being as lackluster as it is in this remake compared to the original.

Costumes as DLC is lame.

I miss the meeting and radio conversations Leon and Claire had in the original too. No excuse for their exclusion.

The altering of character personalities is kind of a mixed bag as some characters benefited from it and others got worse. IMO Leon, Sherry, Marvin, Kendo, Annette and Hunk were improved a little bit, while Claire, Ada, Irons, and Ben seem worse.

Mr. X is annoying and he should have only been hunting for you in certain areas.

No A and B story scenarios is the greatest offense this game commited and what keeps it from being amazing.

No zapping system is lame, but no A and B story scenarios is much worse that I hardly care about any other feature omissions.

No extreme battle mode sucks a lot. Don't care about Chris not being present for a cameo though.

So yeah, I partially agree TC. If Capcom makes a complete version I hope they include much more.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. After Playing The Remake......
  • Topic Archived