You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
1. They cut half of the city in the first part of the game, no gunshop, back alley, and bus entrance.
2. No, special key from Bard Vickers which gives you 2 costumes for Leon and Clair that also comes with a gun with unique animations.
3. No, special cutscenes and deaths for Ben and Chief Irons.
4. They ruined Ben's character. They turned him from a person who purposely locked himself in a cell to get away from the dangers that were outside and wanted to expose Chief Irons and Racoon City to the public, to an a****** who made Leon look like the bad guy. And they also cut the other half of his part also.
5. Chief Irons sucked compared to the original and his death was not satisfying at all.
6. They cut out enemies like G-Type young, Poison Ivy, Crows, Evolved Lickers, Large Roaches, Ivy, Vines, Larvae, Giant Moth And Birkins 4 legged G fouth Type form.
7. The zombie damage is inconsistent and plays more like an RPG. One minute Zombie 1 can die in 1 shot to the head and the next minute zombie 2 dies in 10 shots.
8. They cut the Bow Gun.
9. They purposely made the music garbage so they can scam you into buying the old soundtrack for DLC.
10. Locking costumes behind DLC.
11. No, special conversations between Leon And Clair throughout the game.
12. They altered the characters personalities.
13. They constantly shoved MR X in you're face
14. No, A and B scenarios
15. No, Zapping system which Capcom created first.
16. No Extreme Battle Mode with Chris Redfield as a guest character.
That fact that people still defend this game with all the cut content boggles my mind. Why should I cough up 60 bucks for a game that has less content than the original?
Here we go, another nostalgic fanboy bashing RE2R.
This game has less content, but the quality is million times better, if you dare to compare graphics, gameplay, cutscenes, and overall production value between a game from 1998 and a AAA one from 2019.
Game is great and worths every cent. It is true it lacks some content and replayability, but what it does, it does very very well.
You just bought this recently? And you paid $60 for it? That’s your own problem.
Half of those points are incorrect...
Currently playing spiderman, shadow of the tomb raider and resident evil 2
He probably pirated it.
Thats what pirates do these days, pirating games and then going to forum to bash them.
EvilResident posted...Darkstar22698 posted...
I think it's less than that. I think the poster has taken talking points and is just making a show of bashing the game to incite a heated debate.
Such be all of humanity, a species clinging to hopes that reality be but a dream that they may wake from it in Heaven.
Don't miss any cut enemies.
Agree they cheapened ben and irons, but it wasn't a huge change to knock it for.
Agree with cutting out alot of the city at the start, but reuped it in claire's story.
No zapping/ AB scenarios I 1000% agree on. Would have been 10/10 if they kept that.
The rest of your argument is minor and sounds like your complaining just to complain
Half of those points are incorrect...
Gotta love those cut and paste threads.
The hunt for Yiazmat is Over. FFXII TZA platinumed.
1. Gun shop, back alley and the bus are all there. You clearly didn’t play the game if you missed them.
2. They cut out Brad, the guns and their animations are in 2nd run. Again, you clearly didn’t play this game.
3. Both Ben and Irons got deaths that were in cutscenes. Really starting to prove you haven’t played this game.
4. Ben was barely a character in the original. He was still planning on exposing the Chief and Umbrella. They simply changed why he was in the cell.
6. The G-Mutants spit out the G-young in this, so not sure what your talking about. Roaches are in the game, Ivy’s are in the game but redesigned, crows were In 2 spots in the original and useless. Evolved Lickers were just regular lickers with a green paint job and a bigger claw. Birkins dog form is in the game, he just stays on 2 legs more often, he still has attacks where he gets on all 4s. The giant moth was completely optional, as well as the larvae.
7.Enemies should have varying damage, not everybody is built the same and some people can withstand more.
8. The Bowgun was one of the weakest and pointless weapons in the original.
9. No they built the game based on the atmosphere and background noises. That’s why the new soundtrack is more ambient and less in your face.
10. Not the first RE to lock costumes behind DLC. The vanilla game still came with multiple costumes and they gave the 98 polygon costumes away for free.
11. Makes more sense, if they kept running into each other it would have made no sense to keep them seperated in the game.
12. Not really, they added some stuff sure but they still felt like Leon and Claire to me.
13. Well he is a tyrant sent to hunt down and kill survivors and get the virus. Of course he’s going to be in your face more. He was scripted in the original cause of hardware limitations.
14. This one I agree with.
15. The zapping system was a very small part of the original and affected minor things. The SMG/sidepack, using both characters to open the door in the lab for another SMG.
16. There is no reason for Chris to be in the game and he’s my favorite character. Yes I’m sad Extreme Battle mode is gone but Ghost Survivors has an equal amount of characters and takes about as long to beat.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.
Trigger Zero posted...
BassChamber posted...EvilResident posted...
3lric from Bethesda.net
List of all my Fallout 4 Mods Here: http://bit.do/3lricsMods