• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Do I start a new game with Claire or do Claire's 2nd Run

User Info: Danstars1

Danstars1
1 month ago#11
unknown_VS posted...
Danstars1 posted...
For me this would have been a good 8.5+

No, it's a 8.5, with better A/B scenarios it'd be a 9.5 or even 10.

You know you’re right, it is an 8.5. It would be a 10/10 easy if they fixed little things like the lack of communication between Leon and Claire, longer campaign, lack of explanation how they got into town and lack of general re lore (it basically feels like a completly unconnected game apart from 1 mention of the mansion incident by Birkin in a file)

For me it’s still the best re game to date. But perfect? No. The worst part is the things that they lack are so small and would have been easy to fix

User Info: The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy
1 month ago#12
Danstars1 posted...
(it basically feels like a completly unconnected game apart from 1 mention of the mansion incident by Birkin in a file)

Yeah, not like they mention Chris repeatedly, or have the STARS office in the game, or still have Wesker's secret film of Rebecca in a b-ball outfit. Completely unconnected to anything from 1.

It's not like 1 had a reference to Ada Wong either..
je suis chuckyhacks
2/29/08 - neber forget

User Info: Danstars1

Danstars1
1 month ago#13
The Bad Guy posted...
Danstars1 posted...
(it basically feels like a completly unconnected game apart from 1 mention of the mansion incident by Birkin in a file)

Yeah, not like they mention Chris repeatedly, or have the STARS office in the game, or still have Wesker's secret film of Rebecca in a b-ball outfit. Completely unconnected to anything from 1.

It's not like 1 had a reference to Ada Wong either..

Not really any need to get sircastic. None of what you said references the first games EVENTS. All of what you just mentioned is all about the STARS members and office, which doesn’t reference the first game directly atall only it’s characters. so your argument is completly hollow. By your logic is this game referencing re4 and cv because this game references Chris and has Leon and Claire in it?

Think about it if the first game never happened and this was RE1 all of what you said means theyre just informing the player that they had a special ops team in the RPD.

For instance in the original you get a fax from someone to Chris mentioning his investigation into umbrella. Marvin also mentions the mansion incident and that the stars members tried to uncover the truth but no one believed them. All referencing the actual events and lore from the first game

That was a stupid argument so maybe think about the actual point I’m making instead of coming out with s***** remarks. It’s pretty common opinion this game took a lot of lore elements out and broke direct connections to re1 so if you genuinely think it didn’t you’re in the minority
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Do I start a new game with Claire or do Claire's 2nd Run
  • Topic Archived