You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. How will Capcom manage to f*** up Nemesis' voice this time around?

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
4 weeks ago#51
MrMexican95 posted...
In the OG RE2, despite trying to claim she's a civilian,she always runs off by herself (and doesnt want help from a cop) and can handle herself pretty well. It was so obvious that she wasn't just a civilian looking for her boyfriend.

The idea that a civilian is a bumbling mess and can't properly look out for him or herself needs to go out the door. I know there's a lot of useless idiots out there that probably can't think for themselves for one second but that's not everyone. Cops get training, sure, but it's nothing magical that a civy can't train in either. It's mostly a state of mind and whether you can stay calm and collected enough while making quick decisions.
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
4 weeks ago#52
WHAt about ORC version. That one sounded good.

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
4 weeks ago#53
ienzo105 posted...
TheThirdDay posted...
ienzo105 posted...
Sega9599 posted...
I've listened to the RE3 original voice again recently and I don't see why people think it is perfect, it sounds just as cheesy as the other voices in the game

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

He does, though.

Take the goggles off, guys. (Nastoliga earmuffs? Lol.) Iconic, yes, but every voice preformance, pre-CV, had a healthy load of cheese. (Even my beloved Claire. 😱) I think the reason his voice initially clicked with us was because it was atonal: it doesn't have a defined pitch. You can hear more tone, more human voice, in every other rendition. I think a generic, atonal demon voice would work fine. Think the Cave of Wonder's voice from Aladdin. (Sans the echo.) https://youtu.be/rtCHUxDam-k 1:43

In any case, I can guarantee that Nemi's voice will have a different inflection this time.

Again you have no idea what you're talking about. Nemesis' original RE3 voice is f***ing amazing. It's scary, and sounds almost human, and sounds calm and collected as this monster's only goal is to wipe out remaining STARs members and is f***ing relentless. Meanwhile you have all these other try-hard f***heads screaming like a chimpanzee "STTTTAAAARRRRRSSSSSSS". Just horrible. ORC was the worst next to UC. The only other voice that sounded somewhat decent from Nemesis is from the god awful Resident Evil movies...Resident Evil: Apocalypse.
This person never actually played Re3.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character! Path of Radiance is the best Fire Emblem!

User Info: ienzo105

ienzo105
4 weeks ago#54
Fire_Emblem_ posted...
ienzo105 posted...
TheThirdDay posted...
ienzo105 posted...
Sega9599 posted...
I've listened to the RE3 original voice again recently and I don't see why people think it is perfect, it sounds just as cheesy as the other voices in the game

He does, though.

Take the goggles off, guys. (Nastoliga earmuffs? Lol.) Iconic, yes, but every voice preformance, pre-CV, had a healthy load of cheese. (Even my beloved Claire. 😱) I think the reason his voice initially clicked with us was because it was atonal: it doesn't have a defined pitch. You can hear more tone, more human voice, in every other rendition. I think a generic, atonal demon voice would work fine. Think the Cave of Wonder's voice from Aladdin. (Sans the echo.) https://youtu.be/rtCHUxDam-k 1:43

In any case, I can guarantee that Nemi's voice will have a different inflection this time.

Again you have no idea what you're talking about. Nemesis' original RE3 voice is f***ing amazing. It's scary, and sounds almost human, and sounds calm and collected as this monster's only goal is to wipe out remaining STARs members and is f***ing relentless. Meanwhile you have all these other try-hard f***heads screaming like a chimpanzee "STTTTAAAARRRRRSSSSSSS". Just horrible. ORC was the worst next to UC. The only other voice that sounded somewhat decent from Nemesis is from the god awful Resident Evil movies...Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

Me?Scryed posted...

Oh Jesus H. Christ...no..no...no.
https://i.imgur.com/HbfKsMm.gifv

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
4 weeks ago#55
ienzo105 posted...
Fire_Emblem_ posted...
ienzo105 posted...
TheThirdDay posted...
ienzo105 posted...
Sega9599 posted...

He does, though.

Me?Scryed posted...

Oh Jesus H. Christ...no..no...no.

yes yes yes
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. How will Capcom manage to f*** up Nemesis' voice this time around?