You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. How will Capcom manage to f*** up Nemesis' voice this time around?

User Info: ienzo105

ienzo105
1 month ago#1
Nemesis literally says one thing: STARS.

Every single VA after the original RE3 Nemesis VA has failed miserably to deliver one f***ing simple line. It is absolutely necessary that Capcom gets it f***ing right this time for the remake of RE3. Seriously get it f***ing right. He sounds AWFUL in Operation Raccoon City, and bad in every other aside from RE3.
https://i.imgur.com/HbfKsMm.gifv

User Info: Impatiently

Impatiently
1 month ago#2
I'd prefer if he didn't speak at all but I don't see why they can't just reuse the audio from RE3 if he absolutely has to.

ienzo105
1 month ago#3
Impatiently posted...
why they can't just reuse the audio from RE3 if he absolutely has to

Can they do it if the VA is dead?

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 month ago#4
ienzo105 posted...
Impatiently posted...
why they can't just reuse the audio from RE3 if he absolutely has to

Can they do it if the VA is dead?

Depends on the contract. If they did full buy-out on the voice (common at the time), they'll have it. They may not have it in a quality recording format tho.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#5
I've listened to the RE3 original voice again recently and I don't see why people think it is perfect, it sounds just as cheesy as the other voices in the game
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
1 month ago#6
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Depends on the contract. If they did full buy-out on the voice (common at the time), they'll have it. They may not have it in a quality recording format tho.

I'm going to assume any voice recordings they have from the original would be completely unusable. No way they're high enough quality, and if REmake HD is any indication, it doesn't seem like Capcom would still has the master recordings. (Judging by how the prerendered backgrounds in REmake HD had to be manually touched up by artists, rather than Capcom just re-exporting the original images in a higher resolution. Also, the prerendered cutscene weren't HD.)
Now Playing: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Borderlands 2, CoD: WWII
"WE DO IT!"
(edited 1 month ago)

ienzo105
1 month ago#7
Sega9599 posted...
I've listened to the RE3 original voice again recently and I don't see why people think it is perfect, it sounds just as cheesy as the other voices in the game

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
1 month ago#8
ienzo105 posted...
Sega9599 posted...

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

He does, though.

Take the goggles off, guys. (Nastoliga earmuffs? Lol.) Iconic, yes, but every voice preformance, pre-CV, had a healthy load of cheese. (Even my beloved Claire. 😱) I think the reason his voice initially clicked with us was because it was atonal: it doesn't have a defined pitch. You can hear more tone, more human voice, in every other rendition. I think a generic, atonal demon voice would work fine. Think the Cave of Wonder's voice from Aladdin. (Sans the echo.) https://youtu.be/rtCHUxDam-k 1:43

In any case, I can guarantee that Nemi's voice will have a different inflection this time.
Now Playing: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Borderlands 2, CoD: WWII
"WE DO IT!"
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
1 month ago#9
I'm more worried about how they implement him then I am about his voice tbh. I want to be able to fight him and put him down as we did in the original. None of that Mr. X crap. I want him to drop parts like he did in the original, I don't care if it's not "realistic", that part alone always made it fun to fight him. I want the live selection events to come back and have an effect on the game like the original but deeper if possible.

I also hope they don't screw up Carlos' appearances in this game, think it was ORC where he looked really bad.

There's a lot they can screw up with Nem and the game in general. They screwed up when they didn't implement the A/B scenario with the new RE2 and there's no excuse for that. Hopefully they don't remove enemies like they did in the new RE2 either. Lots of cool hunter types (alpha and gamma), drain deimos, those annoying worms, spiders, crows, grave digger etc...
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 month ago#10
@TheThirdDay How's that sound bad?
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. How will Capcom manage to f*** up Nemesis' voice this time around?