• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Should they have had Mr. X able to get you in...*spoilers*

User Info: rasendori85

rasendori85
1 month ago#21
No thank you. I'd rather not have to deal with him inside the clock tower.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#22
Or you could do this

Enemy types supported
Regular zombies (female / male)
Dogs
G-Adults
Ivys
Lickers
Aligator (lol)
Ghost Survivor Zombies (coming soon)

(replaces all of the above or each separately with your boy Mr. X)

Then you might finally appreciate a "safe place"

Or not.
J-Pop

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#23
Wyldefyr posted...
I think that if there are going to be safe places, there should be an in game reason why he can't go there. Being able to run through a door and he just walks away makes no sense, especially when it's not every door. But if you had to crawl through a duct or something that he couldn't get into, that would be okay.

Good idea.

Maybe Mr X should chase you right from the start of the game. And never stop chasing you even at the credits or title screen. Maybe you should have to carry around a tamagotchi even when the game is off, that beeps whenever X is too close. So you'll have to run back home quickly and manoeuvre away, or else do it on the small device with horrible buttons + graphics.

Hey maybe X should be at your bedside when you wake up, and you have to get away before he tears you in two. For super hardcore players.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: MrMexican95

MrMexican95
1 month ago#24
They should allow Mr.X to use telekinesis to stop you from moving, levitate you into the air and force choke you to death.
Currently playing spiderman, shadow of the tomb raider and resident evil 2

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
1 month ago#25
Sega9599 posted...
Wyldefyr posted...
I think that if there are going to be safe places, there should be an in game reason why he can't go there. Being able to run through a door and he just walks away makes no sense, especially when it's not every door. But if you had to crawl through a duct or something that he couldn't get into, that would be okay.

Good idea.

Maybe Mr X should chase you right from the start of the game. And never stop chasing you even at the credits or title screen. Maybe you should have to carry around a tamagotchi even when the game is off, that beeps whenever X is too close. So you'll have to run back home quickly and manoeuvre away, or else do it on the small device with horrible buttons + graphics.

Hey maybe X should be at your bedside when you wake up, and you have to get away before he tears you in two. For super hardcore players.

You get it.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
1 month ago#26
- Implement safe rooms like how The Evil Within 2 does it: include a short "lock door behind me" animation when entering a safe room. This makes it plausible on why enemies can't enter the room.

- Create a manual barricade, like toppling a shelf against the door, just like that same shelf in the storage room with the C4.
Being unable to topple the barricade in time allows Mr. X or any enemy to enter the safe room.

- Make it so that some safe rooms can only be entered through a vent or crawlspace.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: Alxyjuno

Alxyjuno
1 month ago#27
Scary/Problem areas if he could enter any room:

Clock Tower - would easily be frightening if you heard him open the door while you were upstairs messing with the crank

S.T.A.R.S. Office - Would be a pain to manage if he chases you in there

Save Rooms - Inventory management would be even more important since you can't just take a break

Iron's Taxidermy Hallway - I was completely surprised he didn't show up here despite doing so in the original. Would be scary AF and also annoying since it's a tight corridor

Kennel - Dogs guarantee to make you run or take shots causing him to find you

Elevator underneath main hall after 3 meddalions- Yeah, not good

Overall, an optional mode like "Nightmare" difficulty or something would be fun, just to push the game to its limit.
...but some things will remain distant dreams forever.

User Info: lowlifeboy

lowlifeboy
1 month ago#28
if he can get you in any rooms, including small areas like save rooms or clock tower, then he needs to be balanced. by balance, i mean when you put him down, he stays down for 2-3 minutes and not just for a brief moment. having him accessible to all rooms will be too broken on hardcore.

User Info: Wbis

Wbis
1 month ago#29
I used to meme around with safe rooms when I first started playing wondering why they existed but upon playing the game more I understand why they exist. For a casual playthrough outside of abusing them they’re a necessity not only do they offer safe harbour for people who could be particularly sensitive to the anxiety and mental stress that Mr X instils in people but they also prevent the game from “soft locking”.
When entering these specific safe rooms the possibility of escape if Mr X was to enter them is highly improbable for a casual gamer and short of duking his punches (which requires advanced knowledge of game mechanics) you’re going to die in these situations if not take a tonne of damage. Not only that but saving the game so close to Mr X would create an infinite loop of this scenario. If Mr X was to wait outside these rooms instead of reset this would again create a highly improbable situation for anyone to be able to escape these rooms.

TLDR? It stops the game from being broken for first timers/casuals.

User Info: Starwind128

Starwind128
1 month ago#30
No
"Even superheroes pee in bottles." - Hugh Jackman
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Should they have had Mr. X able to get you in...*spoilers*
  • Topic Archived