• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Should they have had Mr. X able to get you in...*spoilers*
gainingtheoffense 1 month ago#1
...all rooms? Instead of providing safe rooms where he's unable to enter. In the scheme of things, it kind of takes you away from the lore and logistics of the character that he won't enter certain rooms and diminishes his threat level. Though as the player, it's understandable to have a room where you can breathe with no worries of Mr. X coming to find you. But there are far more rooms than they should have allowed for this to happen.
:V -- Turbam

User Info: PaleRock

PaleRock
1 month ago#2
No, but they should have a mode for those who want to experience that I guess. It's still a game at the end of the day and most people don't have the time to sit there and play the entire game in one sitting. Safe rooms are a necessity. You also always have the option to just not go in them.

User Info: Brasen

Brasen
1 month ago#3
If X could go into the s.t.a.r.s. office then you would have him on you for the entire duration in the path to maiden medal in scenario b. I like the rng that he could still be on your ass for most the time or you may not see him at all. Not to mention juking him 2-3 times while looting the office would get old/aggravating real quick there.

X going into the clock tower would just be more aggravating juking time. And that's really the only reliable skill check required once you know how to do it.

I feel like Mr. X is at his best when he combos with other enemies in an area OR if he has you wondering that he might be somewhere in front of you when going through a door/around the corner/etc. If it weren't for those two safe rooms he would almost always be behind you if speed running from one objective to the next. Only "difficulty" that would add for X is just "being more in the way at dead ends so juke more" hassles.

I think I prefer X as is and would rather have increased enemy randomizers/placements for a more challenging mode.

User Info: PotholeFace

PotholeFace
1 month ago#4
Then you should have the option to pick up objects and throw them to distract Mr. X. Having him cornered you in the Stars Office would be a b****. And while we are at this, don't let him stand idly when you run past him after he push you down the first time, or if his punch misses.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#5
I like having some safe places, but I don't see the harm in having the option to toggle "no safe places" on or off.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: BassChamber

BassChamber
1 month ago#6
Yes, maybe in a special high difficulty mode only though.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#7
I'll take poster who has no idea about game design for $5 Larry...

No, really you can want it as much you want it doesn't make sense it only adds annoyance
J-Pop

User Info: Deepest_Cut

Deepest_Cut
1 month ago#8
No. I love triggering his active mode by steeping out of the statue then stepping back in. Taunting Mr. X then humping his face when he's down is a game within itself. Until he grabs you through the safe zone.
PS4: Azteck9
Still waiting for Rinkah, Flavia, and Basilios in FEH...

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
1 month ago#9
Yeah, probably. The section of the game he is in only lasts like 20 minutes tops unless you're just running around wasting time unnecessarily so I think it'd be good.
http://www.youtube.com/c/foxyarekuandcanas
Check out my youtube for guides and gameplays.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#10
Deepest_Cut posted...
No. I love triggering his active mode by steeping out of the statue then stepping back in. Taunting Mr. X then humping his face when he's down is a game within itself. Until he grabs you through the safe zone.

Since I'm using this magnum mod (all handgun bullets replaced with magnum bullets) I do this a lot - first I thought you can't hit him from the statue room, but turns out you can lol

He punched me through the door a couple of times too, but no grab yet...

While it's funny for 10 minutes, it's ultimately pointless as you can't stop him for long also if you attack him he aggros more and finds you faster too (in my experience)

They could have done him a bit better - maybe even with item drops - but letting him into safe rooms - like the clocktower (???) would ultimately only frustrate new players...
J-Pop
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Should they have had Mr. X able to get you in...*spoilers*
  • Topic Archived