• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Been replaying RE3 and...

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
2 months ago#1
Enjoying the details that went into the backgrounds and the notes laying about. It really puts into perspective the level of crap that happened in the city.

For instance, when you go to the newspaper office, before entering walk back to where the second door is, the one you use to escape from Nemesis if he shows up. There is a construction working slumped on the ground and pinned by 2 steel beams. If you look closely it looks as if he was chomped on while pinned there, s***ty way to go.

So much detail was put into the classics, even with the limitations of the hardware.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: modca

modca
2 months ago#2
I'm replaying it too, and you're right. This was no mere quick cash-grab but an excellent sequel.
I've also noticed that the 1st floor theme of the RPD is in a slightly different key than the one from RE2. I assume to make it a bit different from the one from RE2. Pretty cool!

User Info: superyoodle

superyoodle
2 months ago#3
What I really miss is being able to check out the environment and your character saying things about it.
Final fantasy: murdered. Resident evil: mutilated.
Where/when will it end?

User Info: MrMexican95

MrMexican95
2 months ago#4
I loved the detail of the backgrounds in RE3. I thought compared to RE2 there's a lot more chaos and destruction to be seen around and combine that with the city in ruin ost and you get the perfect zombie ridden city
LEEEEOOOONNNN!!! HEELLLPPP!!

User Info: Fusion916

Fusion916
2 months ago#5
Hey I'm the only one on this board who is allowed to make "I'm replaying RE3" topics.
PSN: Fusion916
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fusionx916 | Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/fusion916

Syn_Vengeance
2 months ago#6
Fusion916 posted...
Hey I'm the only one on this board who is allowed to make "I'm replaying RE3" topics.

:-p
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
2 months ago#7
The only trouble with fleshing it out so much is it really makes Leon and Claire seem stupid wandering into that mess 2 days later...
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

Syn_Vengeance
2 months ago#8
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
The only trouble with fleshing it out so much is it really makes Leon and Claire seem stupid wandering into that mess 2 days later...

True but I can ignore little f*** ups like that.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
2 months ago#9
Syn_Vengeance posted...
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...

True but I can ignore little f*** ups like that.

if they retcon anything, I hope they decrease the time between the start of 3 and 2 to be a lot closer. it'll just feel better. I don't know if they really thought that part through.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Blackestmage

Blackestmage
2 months ago#10
I remember RE3 as my favourite RE game back when I was a kid. I still remember when my friend and I had rented it for the first time at Blockbuster, where there was a big cardboard Nemesis at the exit. When he spawned, my friend and I would just yell like idiots and lose our calm (and get killed on the way like amateurs).
On va les avoir.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Been replaying RE3 and...
  • Topic Archived