You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I'd like to play PS1 RE2 on PS4 via digital.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
3 weeks ago#11
KarmelCHAOS posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
Imagine not having a CRT and PSX at your disposal.

Imagine just using an emulator because it makes everything look and run way better.

I agree 100%, but Beetle PSX doesn't have proper dinput force feedback driver support. That means I don't get proper vibration when I use my DualShock 1 controller with it. Sometimes that makes and brakes the mood.

For Silent Hill 1 though, emulation with Beetle PSX is the only choice. Dat stable 60fps is too good to pass up. No more massive framedrops in the sewers and boardwalk? CHECK PLEASE!
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
3 weeks ago#12
Beyond01 posted...
Capcom will probably release a classics collection for the old RE games

Only if they give us the GameCube port of RE2 so I can skip the cutscenes.
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Recycled

Recycled
3 weeks ago#13
As much as I like REmake2, I still think the original is different enough to warrant its own place, so it is still sellable no problem. They should definitely release it on consoles and PC. Same for RE3.

Heck while they're at it, they could also introduce an optional "remaster" mode with upscaled (with AI-based tools) like some modder did with FF9:
http://www.framecompare.com/image-compare/screenshotcomparison/1JEMNNNU
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I'd like to play PS1 RE2 on PS4 via digital.