You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What is RE2 Remake missing...

User Info: darkula666

darkula666
1 month ago#11
Arizona_Joe posted...
Add the DLC enemies to the main game.

this could be cool.

a new mode , where every time you get one of the DLC enemies; regenarators, poison zombies or third kind ( I forgot what they did)
PSN: darkula. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChH9s4dxN8O-Ww9B2eJjt4A Currently playing Destiny Resident Evil 2 remake !

User Info: AviaraBlue

AviaraBlue
1 month ago#12
Make everything random, even enemies. Heck make both the Licker and X pop up in the same hallway outside the Stars office in one random playthrough.
PSN - AzureNyx.

User Info: es289408

es289408
1 month ago#13
Naked zombies, and if someone suggested that already then I'd like to have the actual name and model of each firearm. I don't have the game though, all this stuff could be in the game and I wouldn't even know it
I'd done took to drinkin' and whorin' till hell wouldn't have me.

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
1 month ago#14
Im currently playing through Kennedy B on Hardcore after beating Claire A on Hardcore. It was fun but even after putting the game down for a couple months, my muscle memory allowed me to remember where most of the items were and where I needed to go. I still had a ton on ammo and healing at the end and more than I expected for Hardcore mode. I took my sweet time though not trying for a S+ run so maybe that might change things on my next run. There should be DLC with a harder difficulty mode with ammo, gunpowder, healing, and ink ribbons drastically reduced (cut in half or more) and randomized enemies each playthrough would be a ton of fun and a new challenge.
New York Yankees
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#15
Arkane Denial posted...
Would you really want to play it again just because items are placed differently in each playthrough?

I'm doing this all the time, it really helps keeping it fresh... Best so far was all weapons + upgrades for both characters in Claire B - took about 3 hours but it was so fun... Last one was the laser sight for Leon's magnum..
They should give you that weapon right from the start it's so good!

Well, anyways the standard item placement is a bit whack and boring so I barely play that.

And I finished the game at least 50 times by now (only 2 times for Leon though... I'm not into sleeping pills much tbfh)
J-Pop

User Info: rasendori85

rasendori85
1 month ago#16
I'd be down with a third 1st/2nd run character who gets access to different weapons and upgrades. It's interesting how much your weapon options change your approach to the game.

Imagine a campaign with ADA with the Broom HC, the shotgun/grenade launcher replaced with the returning crossbow, and the SMG, but handgun upgrades and the sparkshot/flame thrower are replaced with hip pouches. Her game would be light on power, but you can carry more stuff and get through things a little faster. Or Marvin with the JMB, shotgun, grenade launcher, magnum, and SMG. He'd have a lot of power, the option to craft grenades, but hip pouches would be replaced weapon upgrades, and perhaps his handgun bullets with other kind of bullets, so you'd have to craft them instead. You'd have a lot of fire power, but have to be careful about their use and won't be able to carry much.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#17
rasendori85 posted...
I'd be down with a third 1st/2nd run character who gets access to different weapons and upgrades. It's interesting how much your weapon options change your approach to the game.

Imagine a campaign with ADA with the Broom HC, the shotgun/grenade launcher replaced with the returning crossbow, and the SMG, but handgun upgrades and the sparkshot/flame thrower are replaced with hip pouches. Her game would be light on power, but you can carry more stuff and get through things a little faster. Or Marvin with the JMB, shotgun, grenade launcher, magnum, and SMG. He'd have a lot of power, the option to craft grenades, but hip pouches would be replaced weapon upgrades, and perhaps his handgun bullets with other kind of bullets, so you'd have to craft them instead. You'd have a lot of fire power, but have to be careful about their use and won't be able to carry much.

Yeap, basically. On my all weapons run I only had like 15 acid rounds and I wasn't sure I'm gonna make it past G3, but I also had the lightning hawk and sparkshot... I don't think he went down this fast before :p

EDIT: Yeap, that was my load out. So good 😁

https://imgtc.com/i/HGlC2Ys.jpg
J-Pop
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
1 month ago#18
I did Claire>Leon Second Run and the only thing getting me to play it again for Leon>Claire 2nd Run is paying five bucks for the costumes, gatling and rocket launcher.

The game really does lack replay value. It's just the same thing over and over, and the enemies are zero fun.

I'm having fun now just nuking all the zombies and lickers with bazookas, while using the 98 skins, which makes the game hilarious, but after I do this run I'll probably never touch the game again.

The game is very one and done.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: MasterWeasel

MasterWeasel
1 month ago#19
Degalon posted...
I did Claire>Leon Second Run and the only thing getting me to play it again for Leon>Claire 2nd Run is paying five bucks for the costumes, gatling and rocket launcher.

The game really does lack replay value. It's just the same thing over and over, and the enemies are zero fun.

I'm having fun now just nuking all the zombies and lickers with bazookas, while using the 98 skins, which makes the game hilarious, but after I do this run I'll probably never touch the game again.

So you pay money to unlock the infinite weapons and it’s the game’s fault that it doesn’t have replay value when you could have gotten some by earning the weapons yourself?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: AdmirableScone

AdmirableScone
1 month ago#20
Degalon posted...

Very odd when people state their opinions as an absolute fact. Some people have played this game 50 times over already. If you don't like it enough to play it more than once that's fine and completely your call, but it clearly does not lack replay value for most if people continue to play it non-stop three months after it came out
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What is RE2 Remake missing...