You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What do you want out of an RE3 remake?

User Info: Evil77

Evil77
4 weeks ago#41
samantha_sneez posted...
Why wouldn’t it work in the game??? Screw the purists. Those are the same ones b****ing about fixed camera angles and the like. No, it needs to be open world. It fits the narrative. RE 3 needs an open world Raccoon City. s***, look at RC in the RE 2 remake. Why would they hype up the new RC if they won’t let us explore it??

Is it really necessary to insult the purists? I mean you got the game that you wanted and they didn’t, right? “Screw the purists, RE3 needs to be open world” sounds just as entitled as the purists saying: “screw OTS crowd, RE3 needs FC”.

You do realize that you could still explore Raccoon City even if it’s not open world? I for one wouldn’t want to spend 1000+ hours to be able to explore every nook and cranny of a real size open world Raccoon City.

So no...RE3 doesn’t need open world. The last thing we need is for a mainline RE to turn into RDR2/The Division 2 (Since those were your examples). Open world games are cool but traveling extremely long distances to get from point A to point B gets old very quickly. And if it’s to end up with an empty/boring (yet pretty) open world like in MGS5 no thanks.

Remake 2 was awesome. Capcom just needs to learn from what they did wrong and improve/add on to that formula.

FYI I have nothing against an open world RE, but it should be a multiplayer spin off like Outbreak. Not Remake 3.

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
4 weeks ago#42
'Purist' nothing. Heaven forbid people Resident Evil to actually be Resident Evil for once in over a decade. Such a horrible thing!

Next we'll be told how Sonic fans are purists for not wanting s***ty 3D games of Sonic kissing humans or something.

User Info: tenpowers

tenpowers
4 weeks ago#43
Have Jill in her tube top and miniskirt with big freakin t****** and thicc booty

Give Carlos back his accent. All the foxy ladies love it.

Give Nemesis more weapons. Also, have him only go down temporarily similarly to Lisa and X

Throw in some new enemies just to screw with older players some more.
PSN: VileGlory

User Info: uwa ej

uwa ej
4 weeks ago#44
As long as it's more faithful to the original

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
4 weeks ago#45
Suspiria posted...
'Purist' nothing. Heaven forbid people Resident Evil to actually be Resident Evil for once in over a decade. Such a horrible thing!

Next we'll be told how Sonic fans are purists for not wanting s***ty 3D games of Sonic kissing humans or something.

re was always re. Its just was not the stale formular that almost got it canned years ago.

User Info: edward18

edward18
4 weeks ago#46
It should have died.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Xeed-HP

Xeed-HP
4 weeks ago#47
tenpowers posted...
Have Jill in her tube top and miniskirt with big freakin t****** and thicc booty

Yes YES YES. OMG THIS!!!!
The hunt for Yiazmat is Over. FFXII TZA platinumed.

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
4 weeks ago#48
If RE didn’t evolve, we wouldn’t have had RE 4. Give me 20 good reasons why the RE 3 remake shouldn’t have an open world Raccoon City. It would feel like absolute s*** if you went through Raccoon City on f***in rails. The technology is there and I think that’s what hampered the OG RE 3. This is not 20 years ago, the RE team could do so much MORE with RE 3. RE 3 is one of my personal favorites of the series and I place it on a pedestal higher than RE 2, so I want the game done right. Open world Raccoon City is the best way they can go. They need to make it more of a survival game, since that’s the narrative of the f***in story. s***, Jill talks so much s*** about making it her last chance and her last escape, I think the open world, and grittiness of it would reflect that.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: Evil77

Evil77
4 weeks ago#49
samantha_sneez posted...
If RE didn’t evolve, we wouldn’t have had RE 4. Give me 20 good reasons why the RE 3 remake shouldn’t have an open world Raccoon City. It would feel like absolute s*** if you went through Raccoon City on f***in rails. The technology is there and I think that’s what hampered the OG RE 3. This is not 20 years ago, the RE team could do so much MORE with RE 3. RE 3 is one of my personal favorites of the series and I place it on a pedestal higher than RE 2, so I want the game done right. Open world Raccoon City is the best way they can go. They need to make it more of a survival game, since that’s the narrative of the f***in story. s***, Jill talks so much s*** about making it her last chance and her last escape, I think the open world, and grittiness of it would reflect that.

Already gave you a couple of reasons. Why bother with more when you just ignored my previous points? You suggested this open world thing so you give us 20 reasons why it should be.

Besides you seem very black and white. RE3 not being open world doesn’t mean that it’ll be on f***in rails lmao

Just like because Capcom teased Raccoon City in Remake 2 doesn’t mean that they won’t let us explore it.

User Info: edward18

edward18
4 weeks ago#50
@samantha_sneez RE4 should have never happened. It ruined the franchise in my opinion.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What do you want out of an RE3 remake?