• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What do you want out of an RE3 remake?

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 months ago#11
- A more open-world stage design and not contrived hamster tunnels like in the original.
The Evil Within 2's suburban and business district areas made me realize how a more open stage design could really work.

- If save rooms keep Nemesis out, insert some plausibility, like maybe Jill locking or barricading the door behind her.
Or maybe some save rooms can be access through vents or crawl spaces that Nemesis can't reach into.

- More focus on stealth mechanics.
Mr. X was tenacious enough, so imagine Nemesis running at you with a rocket launcher.
Some sort of crouching, hiding or corner views would really help in looking out for Nemesis.
Outbreak style hiding mechanics using lockers or under the bed to hide would help cut down on encounters.

- Mine Thrower throws actual mines instead of time bombs.
You can't set traps with the Mine Thrower, because if you put a bomb in advance, it would explode on its own, whether the enemy passes by or not.
If they'd throw actual proximity mines, it could be a really handy tool in killing enemies or delaying Nemesis.
Plant one quickly next to an exploding barrel and run while forgetting about it.
Nemesis will trip the mine and blow itself up along with the barrel.
Pinpoint aiming will help customize where you wanna lay the mines.
Good potential setups if the mines worked this way.

- Maybe a Carlos story mode.

- Deeper enemy interactions.
Mr. X swats away zombies in its path but that's it.
What happens if a zombie walks into a room with Hunters?
Will the Hunters decapitate the zombie like in the hospital cutscene in RE3?
Can you pull a Bioshock and create situations where enemies kill one another to save ammo?

- Dodge on command, instead of a timed dodge gimmick.
I prefer the way it's done in Revelations 2, where there's an actual "dodge button".
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: superyoodle

superyoodle
2 months ago#12
Goldsickle posted...
- A more open-world stage design and not contrived hamster tunnels like in the original.
The Evil Within 2's suburban and business district areas made me realize how a more open stage design could really work.

- If save rooms keep Nemesis out, insert some plausibility, like maybe Jill locking or barricading the door behind her.
Or maybe some save rooms can be access through vents or crawl spaces that Nemesis can't reach into.

Mr. X was tenacious enough, so imagine Nemesis running at you with a rocket launcher.
Some sort of crouching, hiding or corner views would really help in looking out for Nemesis.
Outbreak style hiding mechanics using lockers or under the bed to hide would help cut down on encounters.

You can't set traps with the Mine Thrower, because if you put a bomb in advance, it would explode on its own, whether the enemy passes by or not.
If they'd throw actual proximity mines, it could be a really handy tool in killing enemies or delaying Nemesis.
Plant one quickly next to an exploding barrel and run while forgetting about it.

Can you pull a Bioshock and create situations where enemies kill one another to save ammo?

I prefer the way it's done in Revelations 2, where there's an actual "dodge button".

I like these ideas, but I'm afraid a dodge button would make it too actiony.

The crawl spaces into a safe room or barricade doors sounds awesome, except that for the latter that would be weird if nemesis is going to bust through walls later on..

And yes if different types of enemies are in the same room, there should definitely be some interaction. Zombies trying to grab a hunter and getting decapitated would be awesome.

Like we both said, hiding places. But not too many. Maybe some bad hiding places where you can still be spotted, or action prompts to slide under a car or dodge behind an obstacle when nemesis is approaching.

And the ability to lay traps sounds great.

Good ideas!
Final fantasy: murdered. Resident evil: mutilated.
Where/when will it end?

User Info: edward18

edward18
2 months ago#13
RE3's already the most actiony of the classics.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: superyoodle

superyoodle
2 months ago#14
edward18 posted...
RE3's already the most actiony of the classics.

True, but still marinating the core essence. The addition of a timed dodge and the 180 turn was very welcome in my opinion. It was perfect, but maybe the dodge was too much. Easily abused.

Remove the dodge and keep the self defence items it think would be better
Final fantasy: murdered. Resident evil: mutilated.
Where/when will it end?

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
2 months ago#15
Just that its as great or better then the RE2 remake.
Systems I Own: PS2, PS4, PSP

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
2 months ago#16
It's simple really. For Jill to look, sound and act like Jill. We don't need another Gollum whose only line is "are you kidding me". Let Jill be Jill. I doubt that Capcom has the balls to give her the RE3 outfit in this age where shills and SJW reeeeeeee about everything but they should at the very least include it as an unlockable costume, alongside her STARS and BSAA uniforms of course. Battlesuit Jill would be nice too.
Also for the love of God, don't touch Nemesis themes, all of them are perfect, from the Chase theme to the Unstoppable and Final Metamorphosis, they are sheer perfection just HD them a bit, don't butchered them like they did with Birkin's.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
2 months ago#17
I actually agree stealth would actually fit in a survival horror. It would be a tool that would allow you to evade enemies beyond simply running by enemies all the time. It worked very well in Evil Within 2.

...but I don't like stealth mechanics. I just don't. They don't work very well like 95% of the time. I hope they don't add them to RE.

superyoodle posted...

Confirmed. Pretty much changed the tone of horror games that included them, like Silent Hill or Alan Wake. Became less about being careful around enemies and more about getting in their faces and dodging their attacks while you beat them with melee weapons to save ammo.

If you want RE to remain survival horror, you can't have a dodge mechanic.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Indivisible, Galaxy in Turmoil, Daymare: 1998, Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark, Griftlands, Atomic Heart

User Info: Colonel_Snitsky

Colonel_Snitsky
2 months ago#18
Unlockable weapon DLC on day 1 just to piss people off
\_o__/
Dragon Ball Dokkan IGN: Mike

User Info: Evil77

Evil77
2 months ago#19
Goldsickle posted...

The guy who made the most sense in that “no safe room” thread strikes again. I back up all these points and I enjoy the fact that you added onto your ideas (bolded part) from that other thread. Good stuff.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 months ago#20
superyoodle posted...

Outbreak series has on-command dodge, tackles and melee.
I don't think that ever made the games "too actiony".
George's shoulder tackle is almost like Jill's shove maneuver, except George can do it on command and George's version even has invincibility frames on startup.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What do you want out of an RE3 remake?
  • Topic Archived