The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What do you want out of an RE3 remake?

User Info: Tofusion

Tofusion
2 months ago#1
Now that we know what the devs are capable of, what would you like to see them do with the next remake if it comes to fruition?

User Info: RoyalsDK

RoyalsDK
2 months ago#2
Capcom being able to HD the old “STARS!!!” voice or finding someone capable of coming really close or even more menacing.
"lets be honest.. Vin has kind of made The Rock the star he is. Rock was pretty much a nobody in hollywood until the fast and furious"- JamesOwnzMaz

User Info: Impatiently

Impatiently
2 months ago#3
Carlos should be a playable character and they should mirror it to RE2 with Leon/Claire. He should also unlock a topless outfit within the first minute of the game that is immediately equipped.

I don't see the need for Nemesis to talk either, iconic as it is. The S.T.A.R.S growl is scary at first but soon becomes annoying - they can create the same effect with music and ambience. But the map color change was a great move. It's so easy to miss items in RE3 and never know where they are or what you even missed. I like that that in RE2 remake the map lets you know that you haven't finished a room. Some might call it a handicap but being completely lost is only fun for so long.

Would also be nice if they made it longer. Remake doesn't have to mean the exact same thing but better. The game is short and they could create new areas and situations to stretch it out more.

User Info: Draug

Draug
2 months ago#4
They should keep the appearance of Nemesis like it was in the original, which made him more of a threat than annoyance!

More of the city, more locations, giving the player a view of all the mayhem and havoc the destruction of the city caused!

Keep the same camera angles like they did in the original remake!

And as a bonus: Nemesis breakdancing in a parking garage... In the nude...
"It's Forest!? Oh...my...COD!!"

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
2 months ago#5
What was the point of Nemesis announcing himself every time he saw a S.T.A.R.S. member, anyway? Sure, it was scary when you heard that voice out of nowhere, along with the crash of a door or gate...but I don't see why Umbrella even programmed him to say that. He may as well say "IM COMING TO GET YOU, RUN AWAY"
Let's plays, non-commenatated playthroughs 'n more! Come on down to Iido's Gaming Den! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

User Info: superyoodle

superyoodle
2 months ago#6
I just hope we can get the original growl back.

That new robot voice is s***.

Gameplay has to be improved, because nemesis will be able to run, and he will be able to gain on you. Needs to be something like a dodge feature, or way to control the camera extremely well to immediately be able to see where he is.
Maybe like a lock on nemesis button?

It's gonna be hard to get this right.
I feel like this won't really be possible without qte's and it seems a lot of people hate them.

A lot of streets and buildings in 3, so maybe the option to jump through a window to hide, or under a car. Kinds like clock tower. But of course also the option to battle. His battle AI needs to be improved though haha, no more running past his right arm.

Carol's's segment can be expanded a bit. Maybe have an option of trading equipment when meeting on occasion. Live selections definitely need to stay and I saw someone say in another thread, maybe have more choices, and some that can kill you or others.

Lots to be wanted, but nemesis should be perfect. He is the main point.
Final fantasy: murdered. Resident evil: mutilated.
Where/when will it end?

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
2 months ago#7
No rng. Hate seeing youtubers cap a zombie in 2-3 shots an i take 15.

User Info: edward18

edward18
2 months ago#8
For the characters and designs to look right.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: gba1989

gba1989
2 months ago#9
I'm just a simple man.

Jill Valentine in a tube top and a mini-skirt just like the original. But now in HD....
She played me like a piano - Big Boss, MGS Peacewalker
They played us like a damn fiddle - Kazuhira Miller, MGS Ground Zeroes

User Info: Suspiria

Suspiria
2 months ago#10
Nothing. Leave RE3 the f*** alone.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. What do you want out of an RE3 remake?
  • Topic Archived