You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. the ps1 98 skins actually look....good.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
1 month ago#1
Doing my second playthrough with the 98 skins and i'm laughing because they actually look better than the other skins.

Not graphically, obviously, but aesthetically, both because the colors pop more, and in a "less is more" avoids that uncanny valley effect. Not to mention in the dim lighting of most of the game's areas, the ps1 models manage to look pretty decent.

Plus Claire no longer looks like a gremlin so that's a nice touch.

Doing an infinite rocket launcher and ps1 skins run so for the first time I'm actually having fun with this game lol.

(Tried to dial it down to just infinite pistol and infinite assault rifle, but 3 full AR clips to a skull and zombie STILL wouldn't stay down, so i said f*** it and now i'm running around with a bazooka)
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Noctisffxv

Noctisffxv
1 month ago#2
Claire looks awesome in this game.

User Info: BlackNine34435

BlackNine34435
1 month ago#3
Noctisffxv posted...
Claire looks awesome in this game.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#4
The look on Claire's face when TC calls her a gremlin lol

https://i.imgtc.com/aUnoCNt.jpg
J-Pop

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
1 month ago#5
unknown_VS posted...

She looks like that weird kid who ate glue in English class and grew up to be the girl who's always going on about how she doesn't like american culture, man.

Seriously though her eyes look like they were photoshopped on from a different person. She has some Alita eyes going on there.

Also I find it hilarious that's the part of the post you guys decided to zero in on lol
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Impatiently

Impatiently
1 month ago#6
To be fair all of the women in this game look as though they've been under the knife/needle a few times. Claire, Ada, and Annette all have weird mouths and look like they had some lunch break plastic surgery. A straight man made this game and he was obvious about it. He probably also thinks that Kim Kardashian doesn't wear makeup.

User Info: Noctisffxv

Noctisffxv
1 month ago#7
Degalon posted...
unknown_VS posted...

She looks like that weird kid who ate glue in English class and grew up to be the girl who's always going on about how she doesn't like american culture, man.

Seriously though her eyes look like they were photoshopped on from a different person. She has some Alita eyes going on there.

Also I find it hilarious that's the part of the post you guys decided to zero in on lol

She looks fine

User Info: superyoodle

superyoodle
1 month ago#8
She looks kinda OK, but still weird.
Some. Of her expression just seem pasted on her face or something, I don't know.

It just seems.. Off.
She's good looking, but weird looking.
Like a pizza, but with banana on there.

Does that make sense?
Final fantasy: murdered. Resident evil: mutilated.
Where/when will it end?

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
1 month ago#9
Noctisffxv posted...
Degalon posted...
unknown_VS posted...

She looks fine

she looks hot to me but when she smiles she shows touch teeth.

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 month ago#10
I just wish it was designed as an actual detailed model rather than that polygonal mess.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. the ps1 98 skins actually look....good.