• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. One big observation between RE3 and Remake 2

User Info: Fusion916

Fusion916
1 month ago#1
I can navigate the entire game of Remake 2 without ever looking at the map. I can know where I am at and where to go at all times visually.

In RE3. I have to constantly look at the map. All the time. Both for which door I need to go to and to see what my characters orientation is.
PSN: Fusion916
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fusionx916 | Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/fusion916

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 month ago#2
Fusion916 posted...
I can navigate the entire game of Remake 2 without ever looking at the map. I can know where I am at and where to go at all times visually.

In RE3. I have to constantly look at the map. All the time. Both for which door I need to go to and to see what my characters orientation is.

Didn’t you say it’s your first time playing it? Give it a few runs and you won’t need the map anymore. I don’t even collect the maps in the original trilogy anymore. Only games I still use them in are Zero and Code Veronica cause I never played them much, 2 of my least favorite RE games.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: Fusion916

Fusion916
1 month ago#3
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Fusion916 posted...

Yes it’s my first time playing it but I think it has more

Didn’t you say it’s your first time playing it? Give it a few runs and you won’t need the map anymore. I don’t even collect the maps in the original trilogy anymore. Only games I still use them in are Zero and Code Veronica cause I never played them much, 2 of my least favorite RE games.

Syn_Vengeance posted...
Fusion916 posted...

Yes it’s my first time playing the game but I think it has more to do with how convoluted the map is and how many corridors with forks there are. The map in OG re2 is much easier to navigate visually without opening up the map.
PSN: Fusion916
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fusionx916 | Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/fusion916

User Info: Kindler

Kindler
1 month ago#4
Yeah, the opening bits of RE3 are kind of a confusing snarl of corridors that require a lot of memorization; lots of doors open up in places you've already been. REmake 2 not only has a more easily digestible (some would say "linear") layout, it benefits from the OTS perspective, wherein each location is immediately recognizable.

User Info: Mynash

Mynash
1 month ago#5
Fusion916 posted...

Eh, give it some time. Once you've finished the game about 3+ times (including completing Mercenaries at least 9 times), then you'll be running through RE3 without ever needing the map.

Hell, I still remember accidentally pressing the map button and being surprised at seeing the areas; I had completely forgotten that the map was an option.
Kranky's FFXV picture blog: https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
"I don't believe in magic!" ~ Zhang Jiao, fire mage.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 month ago#6
Fusion916 posted...
Yes it’s my first time playing the game but I think it has more to do with how convoluted the map is and how many corridors with forks there are. The map in OG re2 is much easier to navigate visually without opening up the map.

Yeah, the outdoor stuff especially in RE3 is hard because it's kind of samey, it's kind of random, and it's the most nonsensical city ever designed.
That aside, I think it's also easier to keep your bearings with the over-the-shoulder camera, especially on a first run, compared to the constantly shifting camera perspectives of the fixed camera games.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: DerektheWilder

DerektheWilder
1 month ago#7
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Fusion916 posted...

Yeah, the outdoor stuff especially in RE3 is hard because it's kind of samey, it's kind of random, and it's the most nonsensical city ever designed.

It makes total sense in a city that has an RPD with puzzle doors and secret passageways.
PSN: DerekWilder

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 month ago#8
DerektheWilder posted...
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Fusion916 posted...

It makes total sense in a city that has an RPD with puzzle doors and secret passageways.

I know! it totally does. I'm sure Raccoon City people don't even think of it given what their police station is like. That doesn't make it make sense tho. :)
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 month ago#9
I agree the map in RE2 is more concise, but RE3 is barely less concise imo.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. One big observation between RE3 and Remake 2
  • Topic Archived