• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. So how's my time now? (Claire B + magnum mod)

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#11
@KANE_79

Here you go , please also note the precise, godlike aiming :)

https://youtu.be/Vuw3LJ_xFsc

And now about the hot G2 cheese (with flamethrower ) ?? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
J-Pop

User Info: Kindler

Kindler
1 month ago#12
G2: When he claws open the door, run past him a bit. Hit him with about 40-60 fuel (just enough for him to fully ignite). He'll do his five-swing combo, which ends with an overhead smash. It's extremely easy to avoid, legit just back away (don't run unless he's too close; if you get too far away, he sprints after you).
Repeat the above for about 200ish fuel (wait for the fire to go out each time to maximize the amount of damage). Should be four times. You have plenty of catwalk room to repeat a few more times if you really want to.
While he's locked into his five-hit combo, the last time you burn him, run down to the platform. Hit the switch. Run around the platform for about ten or twenty seconds while the crane gets into place. Then unload on him. You can safely dump all of your fuel, but he should kneel when you have about 50-100 left. Make sure you keep him on the section of platform where he'll be hit during this (the flamethrower DoT afterburn can make it unpredictable where he'll kneel, so don't run past the switch ever, or you'll have to make him kneel again).
When he kneels, hit the switch. If you want, unload the rest of your fuel to make yourself feel better, but he should be one-craned. Whole thing takes about ninety seconds, start to finish.
Oh, and you can shoot the claw when it comes in through the roof. Doing that two or three times should trigger the gate-crash (I think he does it like ten times if you just dodge, so shooting it saves like thirty seconds to a minute).

For Claire, the G2 cheese is to do the above, but with the Sparkshot. Aim for the eye and fully discharge each time. Do that 5 times, and you can one-crane him on the platform. Use all 7 and he'll kneel from 1-2 flame/acid rounds on the platform (but I like to save those two shots for G4).

As for time, it really is all about memorization. If you're doing a B run, you definitely should be able to get the Lab hip pouch; you get the radio thing before you activate the first bridge. Just run back past the cafeteria for it, it should only take like forty seconds.

I should also point out that you have enough time to hit the hiding places if you really want to. Hiding Places adds about seven minutes, all-in. Ditto for magnum/SMG + RPD hip pouch on A scenarios.

unknown_VS
1 month ago#13
Kindler posted...
G2: When he claws open the door, run past him a bit. Hit him with about 40-60 fuel (just enough for him to fully ignite). He'll do his five-swing combo, which ends with an overhead smash. It's extremely easy to avoid, legit just back away (don't run unless he's too close; if you get too far away, he sprints after you).
Repeat the above for about 200ish fuel (wait for the fire to go out each time to maximize the amount of damage). Should be four times. You have plenty of catwalk room to repeat a few more times if you really want to.
While he's locked into his five-hit combo, the last time you burn him, run down to the platform. Hit the switch. Run around the platform for about ten or twenty seconds while the crane gets into place. Then unload on him. You can safely dump all of your fuel, but he should kneel when you have about 50-100 left. Make sure you keep him on the section of platform where he'll be hit during this (the flamethrower DoT afterburn can make it unpredictable where he'll kneel, so don't run past the switch ever, or you'll have to make him kneel again).
When he kneels, hit the switch. If you want, unload the rest of your fuel to make yourself feel better, but he should be one-craned. Whole thing takes about ninety seconds, start to finish.
Oh, and you can shoot the claw when it comes in through the roof. Doing that two or three times should trigger the gate-crash (I think he does it like ten times if you just dodge, so shooting it saves like thirty seconds to a minute).

For Claire, the G2 cheese is to do the above, but with the Sparkshot. Aim for the eye and fully discharge each time. Do that 5 times, and you can one-crane him on the platform. Use all 7 and he'll kneel from 1-2 flame/acid rounds on the platform (but I like to save those two shots for G4).

As for time, it really is all about memorization. If you're doing a B run, you definitely should be able to get the Lab hip pouch; you get the radio thing before you activate the first bridge. Just run back past the cafeteria for it, it should only take like forty seconds.

I should also point out that you have enough time to hit the hiding places if you really want to. Hiding Places adds about seven minutes, all-in. Ditto for magnum/SMG + RPD hip pouch on A scenarios.

Awesome, thank you! I'll give that a try, yeah I always shoot his arm, sometimes it comes through 2 times sometimes 3, a bit wonky but certainly faster than waiting...

And yeah I won't have the sparkshot, only flamethrower and I'm unfamiliar with Leon, but I see basically the same as sparkshot...

Well, 90 seconds would be good...!
J-Pop

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
1 month ago#14
Interesting how we all play differently. G2 I just dump flamethrower into G2 the moment I run past him. Use 300 on catwalk, 50 on platform, and last 50 as crane swings around to force G2 to kneel again in case it gets up. Fastest boss fight in the game for me.

If you want to skip the ceiling claw stab phase, don't forget you can hand grenade the shutter after G2's initial stab.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

unknown_VS
1 month ago#15
38:00 at Sherry! Oh gawd if I could do this on HC... (fact is I've never been this fast, the extra slots definitely help tho)

egpNoodlez posted...
Interesting how we all play differently. G2 I just dump flamethrower into G2 the moment I run past him. Use 300 on catwalk, 50 on platform, and last 50 as crane swings around to force G2 to kneel again in case it gets up. Fastest boss fight in the game for me.

If you want to skip the ceiling claw stab phase, don't forget you can hand grenade the shutter after G2's initial stab.

Yeah, true, for me the "easiest" is knife with unlocked framerate - but unfortunately the game tends to freeze if I do that, so I need to figure out other stuff... This fight is really annoying because I know it's fast - but can take forever if I mess up ... the longer it takes the more aggressive he gets too...

So definitely best to save before the fight.
J-Pop

unknown_VS
1 month ago#16
Ok... started the sewers at 0:45 and thought that's great, then finally when I opened the chess door I'm at 1:03 - that reeeeally feels slow but 18 minutes is probably normal? I didn't get grabbed or anything, I fought with 1 G Adult, so maybe could have saved a minute max...

I guess I really have to get faster through the lab...

The flamethrower thing worked btw, still took 2 minutes or so in total but that's ok, not bad...

The trick is really start firing as soon you get through the shutter, otherwise it gets difficult to get the timing down (I already know from the sparkshot)
J-Pop

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#17
unknown_VS posted...

Hmmm... gotta say I'm not a huge fan of super-skimpy bikinis like that, but to each their own. xD

I still want to see her in just the white tank top from Military and pink shorts from Classic... or maybe just the black bra from Noir. :3
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
1 month ago#18
unknown_VS posted...
@KANE_79

Here you go , please also note the precise, godlike aiming :)

And now about the hot G2 cheese (with flamethrower ) ?? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

i prefer the mod where she has a shorts an a umderboob jersey but she looks good her too.

User Info: Brasen

Brasen
1 month ago#19
unknown_VS posted...
Ok... started the sewers at 0:45 and thought that's great, then finally when I opened the chess door I'm at 1:03 - that reeeeally feels slow but 18 minutes is probably normal? I didn't get grabbed or anything, I fought with 1 G Adult, so maybe could have saved a minute max...

Once in the monitor room, IMO the SLS 60 +bullets is all that's needed for sewers and will half your time. I don't use/save these magnum rounds on bosses though. G3 is where i dump my powders for acid/fire grenade spam. G4 I bring out the real grenades & minigun. G5 the rest of the minigun.

But if you try it with just the SLS 60 you cab pick up nearly everything in one swoop (and with more magnum rounds along the way) starting with rook path. Use the T-handle at intersection and grab the control key first if you want it. Loot grenade, run pass the g-adult making you way to rook. Magnum rounds and up the elevator. Now you only need to headshot two zombies right before grabbing the rook. Continue on through the storage room hall quickly (if you're quick enough you'll avoid another zombie getting up). If you have the control key you have to kill the other 2-3 zombies or stun around them. You only get a large powder, small powder, handgun ammo, and some magnum rounds but it's past the elevator behind the secret shelf. I just skip the whole control key part, it saves time.

Anyway you can easily pass by the lone g-adult waiting in the upper waterway. He starts off with a charge n grab everytime. So just hang back and run past the grab part. There's more magnum ammo if you take the right at the intersection. At run speed you have time to grab it and get out before the G-Adult gets to ya. Then you can use the T-handle at the other end to discard it and you'll be at the king, queen, sparkshot part.

At this point the magnum rounds you collected will take care of the bottom waterway. The four zombies you have to deal with and the first two g-adults if you want. I just pop the first g-adult with a bullet and lead him back some then juke around him. This gives me plenty of time to juke the second one you encounter. Run past the 3rd one staying on the left while headshot/staggering the zombie that just got up.

If you ran it perfect thus far you might have to use/discard the handgun bullets or a mixed herb (having a shield put up isn't a waste down here) to open up 4 slots. I'd save the grenade incase a g-adult is in your way on the way back and no time to kill/juke.

Anyway with fast headshot kills and one loop through the place to finishing the plugs should net you a 9-10min run or less if you're good, or a couple mins slower if you did it with the control key/rooms. And I still have enough magnum rounds to help with either G2, 3, or 5, and/or headshot lab zombies, etc.

unknown_VS
1 month ago#20
Holy s*** that G2 fight is... something.

So I did it with GL -perfectly - once (then noticed I still have the magnum "cheat" mod which wouldn't give me the sparkshot upgrade, so I had to restart and now he either killed me outright, who'd thought he suddenly starts running?! And on the next try I made him kneel at the wrong spot......

It's not an issue if you just can reload a save, but that's the thing, should be able to do it reliably...

To me, that's just difficult.

But practice makes perfect, ehhh!

PS: can definitely confirm the flamethrower upgrade does not fit on the sparkshot! ๐Ÿ˜
J-Pop
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. So how's my time now? (Claire B + magnum mod)
  • Topic Archived