• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. So how's my time now? (Claire B + magnum mod)

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#1
https://i.imgtc.com/NTJKfbb.jpg

I think I got the routes down now after countless tries... but I still have some issues with item management - basically I just grab too much I guess?
Also got the SMG already btw - it really costs almost no time at all on B scenario.

And I'm making mistakes when I rush... somehow dodging Mr X isn't so easy anymore suddenly, the gear room zombie still likes to grab me, I actually forgot walking before getting the jack handle, ofc licker put me in danger lol... stuff like that... actually, the first licker also put me in danger because I started running too early!
Only the 3 morgue lickers behaved lol...

But I'm definitely getting better haha...

Also idk I still haven't found an ideal weapon, last run the shotgun was great, this time I probably should have used the magnum, didn't have exactly a lot of shotgun bullets (since almost no one hit kills...)

Btw Claire's magnum deals more damage?

I tested against Mr X - about 100 bullets used, 3 headshots with Claire's (fully upgraded) make him kneel , with Leon's (fully upgraded) I need 4... while I'm not sure headshots even matter.

Anyway, I think with less mistakes I can *maybe* get to Sherry at ~40?

How do you guys do it faster again, just run past everything? That ain't so easy either...

(btw yes I'm kinda cheating with the magnum, but the tactic for combat is *almost* the same, kneecap or headshot, time is about the same - and my aim is terrible...)

Also there might be a delay? I've noticed I definitely should have hit some times but zombie still grabbed me, like they got invincible frames when their attack animation starts?

Might just be the mod (magnum heaven) which would suck. >.<
"Resdient Evil was always a walking sim with jumpscares" frankspank 4/7 2019
J-Pop

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#2
We get it, you like Claire in skimpy outfits. xD
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

unknown_VS
1 month ago#3
KANE_79 posted...
We get it, you like Claire in skimpy outfits. xD

I do! But I'm super careful and only post the more modest ones :p

So, 1:19 at G2, what's the flamethrower cheese for hot babes again? ๐Ÿ˜

https://i.imgtc.com/wXaahaR.jpg

Though honestly, my plan is simply to learn the routes and stuff. I still make so many mistakes. I mean on my so far best legit run I used the GL in RPD which basically 1 hit kills too and I was still way too slow since I still didn't really know the routes and yeah I want to do this legit, probably after this run (or the next ๐Ÿ˜‰)
J-Pop

KANE_79
1 month ago#4
Do they come with sliders to make the boobies bigger?

unknown_VS
1 month ago#5
KANE_79 posted...
Do they come with sliders to make the boobies bigger?

Lol no, all natural. ;p

So I don't want to lose time, what's the flamethrower cheese?
Or should I just use knife - or actually I could try with magnum??

Well I'd rather do it legit Leon style with the flamethrower...
J-Pop

unknown_VS
1 month ago#6
s***, I keep losing time at the lab ... I know the codes etc I don't do anything out of order, just running around and killing the Ivys takes a lot of time apparently... I got grabbed 3 or 4 times too, I don't even know how I had that many defense items lol... I could not get the last hip pouch, I could not go in that one room with the item box, I could do G2 faster...

But I don't think I can do it much faster than ~1:50 lol even with cheats -_-
J-Pop

User Info: Jupiters

Jupiters
1 month ago#7
Don't kill ivies, shot the bulb and run-past, if you are speedrunning of course, you can finish the game in less than 1 hour

unknown_VS
1 month ago#8
Jupiters posted...
Don't kill ivies, shot the bulb and run-past, if you are speedrunning of course, you can finish the game in less than 1 hour

Oh, thanks for the tip. Yeah I'm not really a speedrunner, I rather go slow and safe...

Which is why I make stupid mistakes, for example I shot the Ivies with GL and then didn't wait long enough so they grabbed me while they were still burning...
J-Pop

KANE_79
1 month ago#9
You could at least post some front views of Claire in that bikini...

unknown_VS
1 month ago#10
Ok, ok 18:12 at the secret room!

On standard lol... just less stressful.

(+SMG + shotgun - I know I don't need them, so there's even more time to save)

I had several runs before was always around 25 minutes... So definitely new record time for me ๐Ÿ˜

KANE_79 posted...
You could at least post some front views of Claire in that bikini...

Video coming up shortly - I tried my best ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Edit: well not really shortly, windows refuses to trim the video - 18 minutes seems too long. Using handbrake now which... is... very... slow...
J-Pop
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. So how's my time now? (Claire B + magnum mod)
  • Topic Archived