• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Got this version of RE2 from Amazon US???

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
1 month ago#11
DominiqueT posted...
EgHeadFool posted...
Weird. Does it say what region Bluray it is? It might not even work on your PS4. Based on the serial number on the back it looks like it might be a copy from the UAE (United Arab Emirates).

All ps4 games are region free

Oh right, I forgot they've never tried to enforce regioning on actual games. But as pointed out it could affect DLC etc.

Also buying an item shipped and sold by Amazon doesn't guarantee you'll get something legit. The reason is that in their warehouses, they don't distinguish between products sold by Amazon and products fulfilled by Amazon. Essentially a 3rd-party seller that's "fulfilled by Amazon" (Prime-eligible etc.) can list bogus crap and it gets mixed with all the legit stock at the warehouse.

User Info: NM_hunter

NM_hunter
1 month ago#12
BeatForYourSeat posted...
NM_hunter posted...
Did you get it from here https://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-2-PlayStation-4/dp/B07DJW779T/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=resident+evil+2&qid=1554260652&s=gateway&sr=8-1

If you did, you should notify the seller/amazon and return the item. It wasn't the item you wished you buy and yours is unopened, so it should be taken back with no issues.

You need to go back into your purchase history to make sure you bought the correct item by the correct seller.

Yes, they will accept the return. I just thought it was a super odd copy. Nowhere does it lead you to believe you'd get anything other than a US copy. :D

I've never had this happen to me before specifically, but I have gotten wrong items before. Or even broken items.

Once, I needed AA batteries and for some dumb reason I couldn't find any stores in my immediate area that had any (I didn't have a car). So I bought some on Amazon, the rechargeable ones too. When it arrived, I got AAA batteries. So they screw up sometimes, but your situation is pretty ridiculous. Must have been on purpose, in my opinion.

User Info: Mr_Big_Boss

Mr_Big_Boss
1 month ago#13
That version is meant for the Middle East and Africa. Sony's HQ there is in the UAE.

Same rating sticker
https://i.imgtc.com/Sdef3us.jpg
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III

User Info: BeatForYourSeat

BeatForYourSeat
1 month ago#14
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
That version is meant for the Middle East and Africa. Sony's HQ there is in the UAE.

Same rating sticker
https://i.imgtc.com/Sdef3us.jpg

Ah interesting. Love Amazon but theres been more screw ups recently than theres ever been

User Info: GameOz

GameOz
1 month ago#15
I received a UK version of a Switch game once, even though the picture clearly listed the US version.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 month ago#16
Amazon generally doesn't care about different game versions / regions... which is why I don't buy games there with rare exceptions (bought DOAX2 and sure enough was the French version lol)

Also lose discs in PS4 cases is normal, they're low quality cases, Sony can't afford better ones apparently (also see DualShock 4 controllers...)
Currently playing : SG / ZH
J-Pop

User Info: The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy
1 month ago#17
I've gotten many games on Amazon and never once from the "wrong" region.
je suis chuckyhacks
2/29/08 - neber forget
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Got this version of RE2 from Amazon US???
  • Topic Archived