You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Leon Scott Kennedy vs Claire Redfield

User Info: r25

r25
4 weeks ago#41
Sex sells

And males are the majority gamer.

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
4 weeks ago#42
Leon gets my vote. He's been my favorite RE character ever since I played the original RE2 on PS1.
Systems I Own: PS2, PS4, PSP

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
4 weeks ago#43
Venage27 posted...
Let's see, a character who has been in 3 major RE games against a character who last time she was relevant was PS2 in a pseudo spin off game. (As much as I like CV, let's admit, it's not that important lore wise)
Yeah, Leon wins without even trying. Plus, even thought his personality was forgettable meh in the Remake, he hasn't been reduced to saying one line "are you kidding" in every cutscene like Gollum Fakefield does.

I missed this earlier, but lets really admit that CV was the last time anything important happened to this series lore wise. It was actually about one of the founding families of Umbrella and established Wesker as the big bad of the series.
RE4 kills off Umbrella off screen in intro narration and then completely evades all plot relevance. RE5 dances around it and then just decides to murder everything interesting about the old plot in minutes with an anti climax. Bye Spencer, bye Wesker, bye rival company, f*** it. After RE5 beheaded the chicken, it just ran around aimlessly in RE6 and 7. I hope it bled out now and they never have to explore more of the "gone to s***" timeline.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

User Info: Hippaul

Hippaul
4 weeks ago#44
Claire.

She's a semi-accurate depiction of what an average girl might look like in a zombie apocalypse. Maybe a later bit too much bravado going on.

NotDante is just stupid.
There's an amazing new champion sprinter in the town of Alexandria! The sprinter's name is "Hippaul." He's amazing!

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
4 weeks ago#45
I don't think your definition of stupid applies if you call Leon NotDante, considering it is the exact opposite and Dante was born out of a discarded RE4 Leon design.

Also jumping into a pit after G3 isn't a "bit too much bravado." That is full on action hero suicide. Claire shares that just as much with all RE protags.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

r25
4 weeks ago#46
The G3 fight stood out to me, too. Claire seemed more confident going in than Leon.

r25
2 weeks ago#47
I found out that Claire was an after thought. Leon was supposed to partner up with a more experienced cop.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Leon Scott Kennedy vs Claire Redfield