• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BIack_Dynamite

BIack_Dynamite
3 weeks ago#11
RE3 is s***

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
3 weeks ago#12
BIack_Dynamite posted...
RE3 is s***

Lol damn. Didn't know you disliked it.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character! Path of Radiance is the best Fire Emblem!

User Info: sbn4

sbn4
3 weeks ago#13
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume anyone who prefers RE5 is taking the crazy pills huh TC?

I like them both, but I prefer RE5. It has more content and stuff to do. And as a game it is a fun action shooter. RE3 is good too, but it is extremely short, has much less content, and has less replay value in its campaign than even predecessor.

But both are among my favorites.
"No man should fight any war but his own."

User Info: DerektheWilder

DerektheWilder
3 weeks ago#14
sbn4 posted...
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume anyone who prefers RE5 is taking the crazy pills huh TC?

I like them both, but I prefer RE5. It has more content and stuff to do. And as a game it is a fun action shooter. RE3 is good too, but it is extremely short, has much less content, and has less replay value in its campaign than even predecessor.

Once you've played the campaigns in re2 theres nothing new to discover at all. RE3 has way more replay value than RE2, and going through RE3 once it's not that much shorter than RE2. RE3's record speedeun is 42 minutes whereas RE2's is 48 minutes or so.
PSN: DerekWilder

User Info: Kalderus

Kalderus
3 weeks ago#15
"RE35: Nemesis Is Really Jill and Wesker's Dad" is the best bar none.
You just cost me six thousand dollars. -Richard Roma

User Info: sbn4

sbn4
3 weeks ago#16
DerektheWilder posted...
Once you've played the campaigns in re2 theres nothing new to discover at all. RE3 has way more replay value than RE2, and going through RE3 once it's not that much shorter than RE2. RE3's record speedeun is 42 minutes whereas RE2's is 48 minutes or so.

Yeah, but you can play Leon A/Claire B or Claire A/Leon B. These change aspects in the story including cutscenes and how things play out. That was a pretty cool thing in the RE series back then. What did RE3 do? None of that. It added some live selection things that doesn't change much except for the last decision (which is sorta random). Then there is a mini game that RE2 has. Unless you want to count the epilogues I don't see how RE3 has more replay value? What exactly is there to discover in RE3 after you've played it twice to see the alternate live selection?

I still prefer RE3 over RE2, but RE2 had a lot more of an impact on the series and it has more content as far as I know.
"No man should fight any war but his own."

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
3 weeks ago#17
sbn4 posted...

Actually I was merely making a joke with those words. Truthfully I don't have a dog in this race. Re3 won against Re4 and Re5 won against Re6 in polls so I figured I would put the winners up against one another.

I own both Re3 and Re5 and have enjoyed both.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character! Path of Radiance is the best Fire Emblem!

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
3 weeks ago#18
RE5 is a solid shooter and great fun in co-op, but I still prefer RE3. Solid classic survival horror.
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
3 weeks ago#19
RE5's pacing, environment, atmosphere and plot f***ing sucked. It is good for its gameplay mechanics, that is it.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
3 weeks ago#20
RE3, its not even close.
Systems I Own: PS2, PS4, PSP
  • Topic Archived