• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Tips for No Way Out?

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
4 weeks ago#11
It's mostly a matter of playing it enough times imo. I got lucky on my first attempt with 84 kills and then couldn't repeat that for a while. But then I made it back up to 80 then 90 and then finally 100. s*** is crazy and so damn unpredictable, many things will go wrong and that's just the way it is... you gotta have some luck on your side and find the tank zombies at the right times. Luckily there's a decent amount of health pickups from 70 zombies and on if you can make it that far.

Someone already gave a few effective tips but just to echo that and maybe add a little more insight:
-spark shot armoured zombies and pale heads, or if there's a zombie in your face and you can't go back the other way cause it's too crazy
-save your two rockets for when s*** gets crazy right in front of you
-flamethrower is so damn key, conserve it with short puffs -- any time you have it and there are zombies/pale heads inside not directly in your face, use it on them cause it's really good
-kneecap tank zombies so they drop the tank where they stand, save them for later
-unless you're going for infinite ammo, keep the pistol for the occasional tank blast or head shot to save ammo if you're not swarmed
-save the shotgun for panic mode head shots or knee blasts to escape, the SMG is also great for knee bursts in emergencies
-for the final 20 guys or so s*** gets absolutely insane, keep a sharp eye for tank zombies -- it'll be so crazy by this point that it's important to shoot their tank basically asap as long as they're surrounded by others; if you lose the tank guy, do whatever you can to find and explode him, use a flashbang or take a hit if need be, even shoot the tank if he's right in front of you, you'll survive
-keep making RGB herbs to save space and get the health buff
-don't heal immediately when you're poisoned -- you can be a bit more aggressive with poison zombies this way, but don't get too careless, heal if there's too many zombies so you don't lose control at the wrong time
-many things will go wrong and they often happen in twos back to back -- don't worry and keep your cool, just keep on fighting
-hope a lot of s*** just goes your way since this mode is very luck dependent
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable

User Info: Magnetronous

Magnetronous
4 weeks ago#12
Thanks for the tips, everybody.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-7978-7897
Sony PlayStation Network (PSN) ID: Magne-TR-onous

User Info: Jonjamess

Jonjamess
4 weeks ago#13
Sari posted...
I think you are supposed to avoid fights when possible. Objective is to get to rendezvous point.
So shoot a zombie in face and run past when possible. Use explosive zombies to clear rooms.

What great advice.

User Info: SlabAcid

SlabAcid
4 weeks ago#14
This is a (sort-of) walkthrough for Gunslinger, I hope it can be of some help. Starts at about 1:15

https://youtu.be/_6L4SfHWrXg
RE2 Board "Master of Unlocking" ::: "Slab for RE2R president, seriously." - LeonShart
PSN/Twitch: SlabAcid ::: YouTube: Slab Acid

User Info: KnyghtFall

KnyghtFall
4 weeks ago#15
SlabAcid posted...
This is a (sort-of) walkthrough for Gunslinger, I hope it can be of some help. Starts at about 1:15

https://youtu.be/_6L4SfHWrXg

I watched this video, took notes and finally nabbed my cat ears.

Keep in mind the biggest random aspect is critical headshots. The rest is manageable. Because the enemy waves and item drops are always the same you can form a consistently winning strat.

@SlabAcid is gdlk btw. If it came down to it, others can play and win the challenge in your stead. Your call.
The Eyes are Useless When the Mind is Blind.
-Unknown

SlabAcid
4 weeks ago#16
@KnyghtFall I appreciate the compliment! I've also got a video up now of an 18 Shot Gunslinger, if you're interested :D
RE2 Board "Master of Unlocking" ::: "Slab for RE2R president, seriously." - LeonShart

User Info: KnyghtFall

KnyghtFall
4 weeks ago#17
SlabAcid posted...
@KnyghtFall I appreciate the compliment! I've also got a video up now of an 18 Shot Gunslinger, if you're interested :D

18 shots!? Is that the WR? C’mon man that’s insane. Link?
The Eyes are Useless When the Mind is Blind.
-Unknown

SlabAcid
4 weeks ago#18
KnyghtFall posted...
SlabAcid posted...

18 shots!? Is that the WR? C’mon man that’s insane. Link?

https://youtu.be/8nNhgsJiXtY

I had done 17 previously without recording, and was trying to get it again.

As far as I know, I hold the record 8)

User Info: Magnetronous

Magnetronous
4 weeks ago#19
Umm, what exactly is a gunslinger?
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-7978-7897
Sony PlayStation Network (PSN) ID: Magne-TR-onous

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
4 weeks ago#20
Magnetronous posted...
Umm, what exactly is a gunslinger?

Gunslinger is the title you earn for only using 60 or less handgun bullets, it asking earns you the cat ears which grant infinite ammo.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Tips for No Way Out?
  • Topic Archived