• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Brian Irons is an absolute creep!

User Info: VirtuousGenetic

VirtuousGenetic
4 weeks ago#1
How could he betray his own staff and kill innocent people? What did he do to the Mayors daughter and why?

User Info: SteelDragon2050

SteelDragon2050
4 weeks ago#2
You didn't play the original did you? He's been in umbrella's pocket for years. That's why he disbanded S.T.A.R.S. for trying to investigate umbrella. Look around his office and the animals will tell you what he was going to do.

User Info: KnyghtFall

KnyghtFall
4 weeks ago#3
He’s prolly the most genuinely disgusting character I’ve encountered in fiction. I hate his guts.

This is why Sherry’s escape is so satisfying. Katherine’s fictional one too......she didn’t deserve that. No one does. The thing that sticks out in my mind is the cruel, heartless betrayal of it all. The family trusted Irons with Katherine’s safety. They had no clue what he was and it cost them everything.
The Eyes are Useless When the Mind is Blind.
-Unknown

User Info: Mr_Mason_W2DS

Mr_Mason_W2DS
4 weeks ago#4
He's definitely cruel and ruthless, that's for sure. He shows his true colors right away in this one. In the original RE2, he acts sort of civil (but "off") when you first meet him, and only through files do you find out how Savage he really is...at least at first....
I also go by the name Jay T Maximus - on Steam ( www.steamcommunity.com/id/JayTMax85 ) and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqi2-D4KtscNzIfbgqWQzEA?

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
4 weeks ago#5
He's certainly a creep, but I definitely think he came off more interesting, and even creepier, in th original. Remake Irons felt more "plain evil" than "creepy" to me.

Plus, way better death scene lol.
RE series REplay (bold=completed!): 1 2 3 CV 0 REmake 4 R 5 R2 6 7
Now Playing: Resident Evil 2 2019

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
4 weeks ago#6
thought it was weird how he just didn't kill you in the original when he first saw you. dude already went around hunting police officers and civilians inside the station i think. though maybe he gets off on people believing that he is a good guy and then killing them.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: Mr_Big_Boss

Mr_Big_Boss
4 weeks ago#7
TheThirdDay posted...

The original death scene was far better. The G creature ripped his upper torso in half.

magemaximus posted...
thought it was weird how he just didn't kill you in the original when he first saw you. dude already went around hunting police officers and civilians inside the station i think. though maybe he gets off on people believing that he is a good guy and then killing them.

I never got that impression while playing the original game. He seemed like he was just accepting bribes to protect Umbrella. Then when he just snapped near the end and tried to kill Claire and stuff the mayor's daughter after failing to protect her.
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
4 weeks ago#8
magemaximus posted...

He does, his journal outright says he loved getting the drop on this one officer. It probably wouldn't have been as satisfying for him to just pop Claire in the head right then and there.

TheThirdDay posted...
He's certainly a creep, but I definitely think he came off more interesting, and even creepier, in th original. Remake Irons felt more "plain evil" than "creepy" to me.

Nah, he's way more creepy in the remake imo. The original version's toned down by how ridiculous and hammy he is, but he feels more real (and therefor scary) in the remake due to behaving in a more subdued manner.
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
4 weeks ago#9
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
I never got that impression while playing the original game. He seemed like he was just accepting bribes to protect Umbrella. Then when he just snapped near the end and tried to kill Claire and stuff the mayor's daughter after failing to protect her.

https://www.evilresource.com/resident-evil-2/files#!chiefs-diary

Chief's Diary
September 26th
I've had a change of heart about the remaining survivors inside the precinct. I've decided to hunt them down myself.
I shot Ed in the back through the heart less than an hour ago. I watched him writhe in pain upon the floor in a pool of his own blood. The expression on his face was positively exquisite. He died with his eyes wide open, staring up at me. It was beautiful.
I wonder if the mayor's daughter is still alive? I let her escape so I could enjoy hunting her down later...
I'm going to enjoy my new trophy. Yes, frozen forever in the pose I choose to give her.
So you want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom... And you're telling me you're completely sane?

User Info: VioIetSystems-

VioIetSystems-
4 weeks ago#10
KnyghtFall posted...
He’s prolly the most genuinely disgusting character I’ve encountered in fiction. I hate his guts.

This is why Sherry’s escape is so satisfying. Katherine’s fictional one too......she didn’t deserve that. No one does. The thing that sticks out in my mind is the cruel, heartless betrayal of it all. The family trusted Irons with Katherine’s safety. They had no clue what he was and it cost them everything.

cringe
Yun for SC6 pls
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Brian Irons is an absolute creep!
  • Topic Archived