• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Starwind128's desperate attempt to get the LE5 "official" topic!

User Info: topseater

topseater
4 weeks ago#21
I actually got the S rank on my first ever attempt, without a guide. Would have gotten an S+ too, but Claire died multiple times after the orphanage and I had to re-do both the power panel puzzle and the Sherry block puzzle each time, which was mad annoying. It forced me to save the game in the sewers, which I didn't plan on doing.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
4 weeks ago#22
Starwind128 posted...
Fusion916 posted...
Don't save until the break room

No!

No, save before G1. That makes a lot of sense actually.
BUT don't save too much in general, that also cost time, I'd say maybe 6 saves should be ok?
Currently playing : SG / ZH
J-Pop

User Info: Starwind128

Starwind128
4 weeks ago#23
unknown_VS posted...
Starwind128 posted...
Fusion916 posted...
Don't save until the break room

No!

No, save before G1. That makes a lot of sense actually.
BUT don't save too much in general, that also cost time, I'd say maybe 6 saves should be ok?

I've saved 13 or 14 times. Just made it to the lab at 1:36.
"Even superheroes pee in bottles." - Hugh Jackman

Starwind128
4 weeks ago#24
What's a good strategy for G3? I have 20 something shotgun rounds, plenty of fuel for the flamethrower, & a couple of grenades to spare before the Tyrant fight.

Starwind128
4 weeks ago#25
@PumpkinBelmont
@unknown_VS
@WalterBlue
@_Deuce_
@FoxyAreku
@egpNoodlez
@deblas66

I did it! 2:13:52.

Thank you everyone for all the tips, & encouragement. Sorry to anyone I left out. G3 was the hardest boss fight in any RE game for me. I finished in Danger with the last bit of my fuel on my 6th attempt. Lol. Tyrant wasn't too bad either. I mean yeah I used up all my healing items, but this is probably the first time in my 8 playthroughs that he didn't hit me while grabbing the Launcher.

Oh & thank you Darkness!

User Info: Gunzleader

Gunzleader
4 weeks ago#26
official what? no one gives a s***
Im Ericsh(SD) from phantasy star online dreamcast. Gamecube ver. Myst lv 197 RAmarl.
Molon labe get a better background check plus mental health system.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
4 weeks ago#27
Good job! Have fun with the LE5, it's awesome being able to freely drop a whole clip into a zombie without worry :D
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
4 weeks ago#28
G3 was the hardest? Strange, I did link you a guide that shows how to easily beat him, but I'm glad you made it through without it.
http://www.youtube.com/c/foxyarekuandcanas
Check out my youtube for guides and gameplays.

unknown_VS
4 weeks ago#29
You're welcome @Starwind128

Good time too! ;)
J-Pop

unknown_VS
4 weeks ago#30
FoxyAreku posted...
G3 was the hardest? Strange, I did link you a guide that shows how to easily beat him, but I'm glad you made it through without it.

Yeah, I mean, I don't know what TC did in the end but Darkness has some pretty weird ways with some bosses, especially G2 and 3 iirc...

Like he's really good and that's the problem it's hard to replicate what he does lol...

But I still have a lot of respect for him + his guides ARE helpful overall (but some boss fights lol)
J-Pop
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Starwind128's desperate attempt to get the LE5 "official" topic!
  • Topic Archived