• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Puzzle + Misc. Questions

User Info: tanookisuit

tanookisuit
4 weeks ago#1
So, generally speaking most of the puzzles/safe combos are the same regardless of difficulty/scenario run, correct?

And some are different (like the power switch settings in the Underground RPD lot, etc.).
But what about the puzzle Sherry has to face?

Also, the puzzles requiring the electronic parts, are those same/different?
This one in particular, is there any efficient/fast way to solve them?
I have a solution, but the one I have for Leon A, takes about 15 swaps. Claire A, I can get 7 swaps.

Lastly, is the solution for powering the Garbage disposal room, is it always the same/different?
Scenario A I have 1, 2, 4 (from left to right).

PS: I read the sticky and seen some video guides, but I just want to be sure (and some things aren't addressed).

Thanks in advance!

User Info: pmort

pmort
4 weeks ago#2
Some puzzles vary between first/second run, and whether it’s Claire or Leon (circuit puzzle). Medallion statues are different, herbicide is different, greenhouse codes are different, power panels are different, probably something else I’m missing. They aren’t randomized though, 2nd run solutions are the same with every 2nd run, same with 1st. Sherry’s puzzle is mercifully the same, set the doll block and then move the first block to the third position, though the rotation of the blocks are always randomized.

tanookisuit
4 weeks ago#3
@pmort
Thank you!
Sherry's puzzle - is it always first block to third block?

I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm trying to do hardcore (failed 1x so far) and I want to be as efficient as possible. I remember Sherry's puzzle on my first (blind) playthrough ever took me awhile...

Anyone else have advice on the Electronic Puzzle(s)?
Are those considered slide-like puzzles?

User Info: pmort

pmort
4 weeks ago#4
Yep, no matter if it’s first or second run, first block in the third spot. You still need to rotate them but the blocks are positioned correctly. With the circuits, it’s best to work backwards by starting with the end point.

User Info: Mr_Big_Boss

Mr_Big_Boss
4 weeks ago#5
Every puzzle has a different solution in scenario B except Sherry's puzzle and the safe/locker codes

Every solution is listed here with pictures
https://gamewith.net/residentevil2/article/show/3533
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III

tanookisuit
4 weeks ago#6
@Mr_Big_Boss

Perfect... thank you!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Puzzle + Misc. Questions
  • Topic Archived