• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. YR: They remake RE1 (again) in this style and they change this key plot element.

User Info: DKLinks

DKLinks
4 weeks ago#1
Imagine, they change a core part of the story. *Spoilers for a 20+ year old game*

Wesker is actually a legitimate protagonist. They cut the back story of him being a traitor. He is actually a trained Police Officer and not working for Umbrella. Obviously there is much of the story that would change. Its one of those "What if" scenarios I have been thinking about lately.
"Cowards live longer."
Official Young Link of the Smash Ultimate Board
(message deleted)

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
4 weeks ago#3
I'm not against the idea if they came up with something cool.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: DKLinks

DKLinks
4 weeks ago#4
ienzo105 posted...
hurrr duuurrrrr tHiS gAmE iS bEtTeR tHaN oRiGInAL

Your meaning is unclear. People stopped using "Hur Durr" back in the early 00s. Not sure if you are trying to s***post the game or me personally.

2/10 troll attempt.
"Cowards live longer."
Official Young Link of the Smash Ultimate Board
(message deleted)

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
4 weeks ago#6
ienzo105 posted...
I'm bashing the loyalists on here who think just because something is new automatically means it's better than the original.

Good thing nobody says it's better than the original just because it's new, yeah?
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: Duwstai

Duwstai
4 weeks ago#7
Dumb. In that case he's no longer Wesker.

Might as well be "random stars member #3"
balls

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
4 weeks ago#8
ienzo105 posted...
I'm bashing the loyalists on here who think just because something is new automatically means it's better than the original.

that doesn't happen, my man

As for changing Wesker to be a protagonist? I'd be legitimately disappointed and probably upset. I wouldn't buy that remake.
You felt your sins weighing down on your neck.

User Info: TheDawnRider

TheDawnRider
4 weeks ago#9
I wouldn't be interested in it. Another remake of a game that already had a fantastic remake and for what? A change of camera angles with over the shoulder shooting and some unnecessary plot changes?

No thanks.

User Info: Starwind128

Starwind128
4 weeks ago#10
DKLinks posted...
ienzo105 posted...
hurrr duuurrrrr tHiS gAmE iS bEtTeR tHaN oRiGInAL

People stopped using "Hur Durr" back in the early 00s.

...nope.
"Even superheroes pee in bottles." - Hugh Jackman
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. YR: They remake RE1 (again) in this style and they change this key plot element.
  • Topic Archived