• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why does Claire care so much about Sherry?

User Info: DerektheWilder

DerektheWilder
2 months ago#71
Degalon posted...
Scryed posted...
Degalon posted...
ChaozCloud posted...
Degalon posted...
If sherry was another adult yeah screw her.

But you'd have to be a soulless monster to abandon a little girl. Everyone's "PROTECT " instincts kick in there.

To a certain degree sure, don't think my protect instincts would be enough to override my survival instincts to fight G3.

Scryed posted...
in video game world but a kid will slow you down and both of you wipl be dead befor sunrise

There was a guy who dove into the river to get his kid back from the crocogator (Whichever it was) that had grabbed the kid. He got his kid back from inside the thing's JAWS.

Or the other complete stranger who climbed the outside of a multistory building in seconds to save a toddler dangling from a ledge.

And "Rushing out to save a kid from oncoming traffic" is a typical anime cliche.

Reality is, people, even strangers, are instinctively verrryy protective of kids.

And having someone to protect will make you fight even harder than you would if only you were trying to survive.

not saying it wouldnt happen but we are talking about a zombie outbreak. Every area in that city is crawling witu zombies an other B.O.Ws that was not in the game. You will ne dead. There was also a story a read a few years ago where a guy jumped into those water hole things(cant remember whats its called but it has very hot steaming water) he an the kid boiled to death.

Yes because instinct kicks in and you WILL try to save a kid regardless of danger.

That's the point i'm making.

You can say "i wouldn't, because logically they'd weigh me down and we'd both get killed"

But instincts kick in and are all "f*** yo logic, go save the damn kid"

I think the instinct to survive is generally higher than to protect a stranger from harm, kid or not.
PSN: DerekWilder

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
2 months ago#72
DerektheWilder posted...
Degalon posted...
Scryed posted...
Degalon posted...
ChaozCloud posted...
Degalon posted...

But you'd have to be a soulless monster to abandon a little girl. Everyone's "PROTECT " instincts kick in there.

To a certain degree sure, don't think my protect instincts would be enough to override my survival instincts to fight G3.

Scryed posted...
in video game world but a kid will slow you down and both of you wipl be dead befor sunrise

There was a guy who dove into the river to get his kid back from the crocogator (Whichever it was) that had grabbed the kid. He got his kid back from inside the thing's JAWS.

Or the other complete stranger who climbed the outside of a multistory building in seconds to save a toddler dangling from a ledge.

And "Rushing out to save a kid from oncoming traffic" is a typical anime cliche.

Reality is, people, even strangers, are instinctively verrryy protective of kids.

And having someone to protect will make you fight even harder than you would if only you were trying to survive.

not saying it wouldnt happen but we are talking about a zombie outbreak. Every area in that city is crawling witu zombies an other B.O.Ws that was not in the game. You will ne dead. There was also a story a read a few years ago where a guy jumped into those water hole things(cant remember whats its called but it has very hot steaming water) he an the kid boiled to death.

Yes because instinct kicks in and you WILL try to save a kid regardless of danger.

That's the point i'm making.

You can say "i wouldn't, because logically they'd weigh me down and we'd both get killed"

But instincts kick in and are all "f*** yo logic, go save the damn kid"

I think the instinct to survive is generally higher than to protect a stranger from harm, kid or not.

higher than the instict to protect a stranger, yes, a kid, no.

It's the kinda thing where it's all well and good to say what you think you'd do when you're not in the situation, but actually in it, instincts take over.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
2 months ago#73
Degalon posted...
higher than the instict to protect a stranger, yes, a kid, no.

It's the kinda thing where it's all well and good to say what you think you'd do when you're not in the situation, but actually in it, instincts take over.

The bystander effect would also kick in.

If you don't know, the more people around, the less likely you feel like you personally need to get involved because SOMEONE will.

However, if it's just you, then you have a far stronger sense of responsibility towards them since there's nobody else.

So zombie outbreak, a little girl lost her mother and is all alone, and you have weapons, you basically have no say in the matter even if you think you wouldn't be able to properly take care of both of you.
So you want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom... And you're telling me you're completely sane?

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
2 months ago#74
It's pretty common to collect children in times of crisis in case you need something to eat later.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
2 months ago#75
Degalon posted...
ChaozCloud posted...
Degalon posted...

Scryed posted...

In your examples the kid was in direct danger. With G3 Sherry isn't in direct danger and you also have to take into account a persons abilities. Much as I would want to save a kid hanging from a multistory building, I have high doubts I could actually climb up one.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: p0w3rd00dx6

p0w3rd00dx6
2 months ago#76
How much Claire cares about other people is sort of her defining character trait. There’s actually a file about it in Revelations 2. In Degeneration she jumps into a zombie pit unarmed to save a little girl.

Claire fights her best when she’s protecting someone else. That’s why she goes after G3, and it’s why she cares about Sherry so much. It’s almost a selfish thing too. She fights better when it isn’t just her.

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
2 months ago#77
ChaozCloud posted...
Degalon posted...
ChaozCloud posted...
Degalon posted...

Scryed posted...

In your examples the kid was in direct danger. With G3 Sherry isn't in direct danger and you also have to take into account a persons abilities. Much as I would want to save a kid hanging from a multistory building, I have high doubts I could actually climb up one.

G3 was up and fighting so it would've chased them to Sherry. Claire sent Annette to cure Sherry while she dealt with G3. It came off as more I'll fight and I'll win but it also could've been a sacrifice thing to distract G3 so Sherry and possibly Annette can escape. Either way Claire is protective. It's her whole point of being there once she realizes Chris isn't there.

User Info: Xavierscribbles

Xavierscribbles
2 months ago#78
Claire came to the city looking for her brother. There is a strong theme of family that runs through her storyline. She knows what it’s like to lose parents, just like Sherry. She was empathetic to Sherrys plight.

Sherry is looking for her mom, Claire is looking for her brother.

On top of that Claire is just a super nice person.

User Info: tenpowers

tenpowers
2 months ago#79
Claire's like the big sister of the series. She even becomes the mentor to Barry's daughter.
PSN: VileGlory
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Why does Claire care so much about Sherry?
  • Topic Archived