• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Is RE 2 hard to platinum ?

User Info: elrond11

elrond11
1 month ago#1
Advice, tips, any vital info ?

User Info: pmort

pmort
1 month ago#2
One of the easier platinums. Hardest ones are beating the game on Hardcore with both characters and 4th Survivor/Hunk mode, and those aren’t too rough if you’re a casual player.

User Info: elrond11

elrond11
1 month ago#3
pmort posted...
One of the easier platinums. Hardest ones are beating the game on Hardcore with both characters and 4th Survivor/Hunk mode, and those aren’t too rough if you’re a casual player.

What about no healing or less than 14.000 steps ?

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
1 month ago#4
The Hardcore requirement isn't too hard, since one trophy requires you to get a S rank on Standard or Hardcore, and if you do it on Standard, then you can use the Infinite Samurai Edge to save inventory space and kill everything in your path.
So you want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom... And you're telling me you're completely sane?

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
1 month ago#5
elrond11 posted...
pmort posted...

Assisted mode trivialises the No Healing, since it auto heals you from Danger to Yellow Caution.

14,000 steps is something you're going to get if you have a S rank since more than anything it boils down to how long it takes to beat the game.

However, if you have an infinite weapon, then you could play ultra safe and shoot everything from a ways off until you get stronger weapons to ensure the kill.
So you want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom... And you're telling me you're completely sane?

User Info: pmort

pmort
1 month ago#6
elrond11 posted...
pmort posted...

No healing can be done on assisted where your health automatically regenerates to caution, and using Claire she actually moves faster in caution. 14,000 steps isn’t too bad, you can also do that on assisted. I forgot which one I paired that with, but it’s easy, you just need a playthrough or two under your belt so you know where things are. Also the game will tell you in the menu how many steps you have currently so it’s not a guessing game.

User Info: TimeForAction

TimeForAction
1 month ago#7
I have a save right before g4 on standard with only a few hundred steps before 14k. I’ve come sooo close to getting it but the problem is I can’t afford to keep circling around the train to avoid him, and I don’t have any grenades or magnum shots left to speed things up and only a few healing items. So I’m basically just hugging one corner of the train as much as I can and trying to run past him when he barrels around the corner. I’ve tried about 10 times and I’ve gotten his eyes red with steps to spare but died before I could get further.

I’ll likely just do an assisted run later to get it but it’s good for a challenge

User Info: optimusmart

optimusmart
1 month ago#8
Easy to plat if u use this
https://youtu.be/ZVwePmfPb1U
If you would like to edit this user's signature, then do so by clicking here

User Info: Kindler

Kindler
1 month ago#9
Kenneth_Writer posted...

14,000 steps is something you're going to get if you have a S rank since more than anything it boils down to how long it takes to beat the game.

Not me. I S+'d all 4 scenarios multiple times without getting Low Carbon Footprint. I had to do a specific Minimalist/Frugalist/LCF run to get that. I'm not a fan of skipping weapons (or anything, really), so I always get everything, which added significantly to my step count on my other runs. But, since I didn't need to pick up any healing items or use the item box, it made it much simpler.

User Info: Zantetsuken_14

Zantetsuken_14
1 month ago#10
optimusmart posted...
Easy to plat if u use this
https://youtu.be/ZVwePmfPb1U

Dunno why you'd want to do this though. Not much left to do in the game after you get platinum. This game is meant to be enjoyed like a fine wine.
FE Heroes Friend Code: 5682966771, FGO FC 080,988,987
16 5 +10s and counting https://imgur.com/a/Z9yllEK
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Is RE 2 hard to platinum ?
  • Topic Archived