• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I got so lucky it was like it could only happen in a movie.

User Info: SeekersLegacy

SeekersLegacy
1 month ago#1
After I got the Maiden medallion, and I knew a licker was in the room, I tried to sneak out but it pounced on me as soon as I exited the cell area with the maiden statue. I shoved a flash grenade in its mouth and shot it, setting off the flash grenade and stunning the licker, which got me the “Bon Appetit” trophy.

Then as I was running to escape the room, there was a line zombie waiting in front of the door, I couldn’t avoid it and it grabbed me and I shoved my second and last flash grenade in its mouth. The flash grenade exploded in the zombie’s mouth just as the licker had recovered and lunged toward me, right past the zombie, stunning both the zombie and the licker simultaneously, which then granted me the “Keep Their Heads Ringin’” trophy. I then sprinted out the door and through the library and back to the main hall to safety.

Just felt like telling this story because my friend just gave me his copy of the game and I just started playing it tonight. It’s inssnel lucky how I escaped the Maiden medallion room without getting totally screwed, and took no damage because I had two flash grenades, and getting two trophies out of the deal. That should have ended much worse than it did with a zombie blocking the exit and a licker after me.

User Info: XSilverPhoenixX

XSilverPhoenixX
1 month ago#2
Glad you're enjoying your experience.

User Info: Jimbeamjunior

Jimbeamjunior
1 month ago#3
I usually drop that zombie before blowing up the wall, then i splatter the licker all over the room cause i like killing enemies lol

In the B game i let mr x come into the west storage which takes away the licker for some reason
Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts
History will be kind to me for i intend to write it

User Info: SeekersLegacy

SeekersLegacy
1 month ago#4
Jimbeamjunior posted...
I usually drop that zombie before blowing up the wall, then i splatter the licker all over the room cause i like killing enemies lol

In the B game i let mr x come into the west storage which takes away the licker for some reason

There was no zombie there until I grabbed the medallion, which I guess triggered the licker and the zombie to both appear, because I cleaned out the library of zombies awhile beforehand.

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
1 month ago#5
SeekersLegacy posted...
Jimbeamjunior posted...

There was no zombie there until I grabbed the medallion, which I guess triggered the licker and the zombie to both appear, because I cleaned out the library of zombies awhile beforehand.

Oh that zombie is there. He is hanging from the ceiling by the library door. Look up. I dispose of it before grabbing the medallion usually
5430 3269 9570 3DS FC

User Info: Malakaz

Malakaz
1 month ago#6
SeekersLegacy posted...
Jimbeamjunior posted...

Hes by the door, hanging on the ceiling. Shoot him till he falls and he wont spawn after the licker.

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#7
Shoot the zombie until he drops to the floor. He's no longer an issue.

After you set the detonator, run out into the library. Now the bookcase won't fall over.

When you're leaving with the medallion, run straight at the Licker and out the door to your right. You won't get hit.

What seems like a tricky room to deal with (I made sure to save before this on my first hardcore run) is actually simple and easy.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
1 month ago#8
KANE_79 posted...
After you set the detonator, run out into the library. Now the bookcase won't fall over.

its pretty funny that I never even knew the bookcase can fall over even after finishing a bunch of playthroughs until I read about it here. I always went to the library after setting the detonator even on my blind playthroughs because my first thought was staying in the same room as an explosive is probably not a good thing

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#9
I definitely did this part the hard way a few times.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I got so lucky it was like it could only happen in a movie.
  • Topic Archived