• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Mr. X bursting through the wall

User Info: NoRatCat

NoRatCat
1 month ago#1
How many of you have gotten this on your game? I just got it today on my latest playthrough of the game. I had just exited the room with the club key, and then I was walking through the hall and then bam! He just shows up. I mean I half expected it as I had seen it happen to other players on youtube walkthroughs. On the plus side, this created a shortcut for me when I was heading back to the Parking Garage.

User Info: JM_14_GOW

JM_14_GOW
1 month ago#2
Is it specific to a playthrough? I don't think I have gotten this.

User Info: Arkane Denial

Arkane Denial
1 month ago#3
Yeah, reminded me of a same optional/random scene in RE7, same concept, wall smash.

I think it happened to me when I immediately went to those mirror rooms (no detours) after getting the club key.
Bark at the Moon

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
1 month ago#4
It happens if X follows you down to the interrogation room or comes while you're there. You will hear his steps go silent and then you will be treated with a drywall sandwich on your way back. The hole will alllow you to move from that hallway to the press room/east 1F hallway without the stairs.
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable

User Info: TimeForAction

TimeForAction
1 month ago#5
I’m likely confusing playthroughs but I’m pretty certain when he did that to me on my earlier runs I went into the press room later in the game and the hole didn’t exist.

NoRatCat
1 month ago#6
JM_14_GOW posted...
Is it specific to a playthrough? I don't think I have gotten this.

I think it can happen on any playthrough.

User Info: pmort

pmort
1 month ago#7
If I go to the interrogation rooms after the clock tower he’s always shown up

NoRatCat
1 month ago#8
pmort posted...

What's funny is that on my previous two playthroughs, he didn't do it. So I guess it is really random chance.

User Info: pmort

pmort
1 month ago#9
NoRatCat posted...
pmort posted...

What's funny is that on my previous two playthroughs, he didn't do it. So I guess it is really random chance.

If I’m Leon I kinda wish he does. Make him whiff and then go through the hole for quick access to the east hallway back down to the parking lot.

User Info: Starwind128

Starwind128
1 month ago#10
I'm on my 6th playthrough, & this is the first time that it hasn't happened for me. However on 2nd run you have to put out the helicopter fire to trigger him again once returning from the G1/Parking Garage section. So on 2nd run if you go straight to the interrogation room from the Chief's Office(as Claire)instead of putting out the fire first, then he will NOT go "kool aid" on ya.
"Even superheroes pee in bottles." - Hugh Jackman
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Mr. X bursting through the wall
  • Topic Archived