• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Original RE2 vs Resident Evil 2 Remake

User Info: ohdenny88

ohdenny88
4 weeks ago#51
I really enjoyed the REmake, much more than I thought I was going to.

But I still prefer the original.

I’ve played the original countless times and still run it occasionally on my vita now. Do I think I’ll be playing the Remake 20+ years after it’s release?

I very much doubt it.
Currently playing: Nioh

User Info: ShotanaStudios

ShotanaStudios
4 weeks ago#52
ienzo105 posted...
Cynyn posted...
ienzo105 posted...
FoxyAreku posted...
I really don't think anyone can seriously say the original is a better overall game than the remake without an immense amount of nostalgia, bias, or just being someone who completely doesn't care about anything a game has to offer but the story.

Yeah...no. The original is superior easily. Only a blind loyalist fanboy would say otherwise, thank you.

That is f***ing hilarious coming from someone defending the original.

Let's see...

Original had superior music, superior character personalities (seriously...Chief Irons is portrayed better in RE2 Original). Original had a superior story, superior scenario modes, superior alternate scenarios, Leon/Claire interactions, Leon/Claire interactions using the radio (Wtf was the point of Leon giving Claire a radio if they didn't use it a single time?). The original also had a better Mr. X intro quite easily. No naked zombies, no giant moth, no super lickers, no crows, no spiders. The f***?

I prefer the new Chief Irons, the giant moth is pretty pointless, no crows and spiders was a decent trade off for the Adult Gs which were way more terrifying. Everything else, I can't argue with.
I am the filthy casual that has played more games than you.
http://youtube.com/shotanastudios

User Info: wesker05

wesker05
4 weeks ago#53
The only thing i don't like about remake is spiders crows and bugs were cut

User Info: Mynash

Mynash
4 weeks ago#54
Both games are great in their own way. Even though I won’t deny that nostalgia is playing a factor as to why I prefer the original, I won’t completely knock RE2make out of the picture either.

Let’s take a look at a few examples:-

Zombies: Definitely tougher to kill in RE2make, as they should be. Their screeches, screams, head tilts and body movements show just how much effort the devs put into them. I do wish they weren’t such bullet sponges though. Original game’s zombies fell with little effort from a handgun, but these ones don’t go down easy unless you manage to pop their heads. Sometimes, the middle road is best, especially for someone who's playing on Normal.

Mr. X: I don’t like him in the RE2make. At all. The thing is; he’s too relentless. He doesn’t stop chasing you no matter what you do, and I’m the kind of guy who likes taking his time exploring the place. Eventually, it becomes less frightening and more annoying (Unless he pops out around a corner) and just gets in the way of me trying to enjoy the game. I still remember trying to solve that wire puzzle with Ada while we were playing cat and mouse around the table in the middle of the room, and I was like, "Dude, just back off already!" Points go to OG for this; Mr X would break through a wall or two, chase you through a few corridors, but will eventually leave you alone.

Music: Definitely more memorable in the OG. I’ve got the creepy music that blends in with the zombie’s snarls outside the police station, the atmospheric Police Station Main Hall, the soothing save room and epic Birkin battles etched into my memory. But with the RE2make, the only thing I remember was the final fight against Mr. X. While it was awesome and granted it was just Leon A (currently mid-way through Claire B, just passed Sherry’s part), but I don’t remember any other music pieces that stood out or added to the atmosphere.

Story: I really would’ve liked more interactions between the two protagonists. A simple radio conversation every now and then would’ve helped, but complete silence between them until late in the game wasn’t a good idea. OG got this right with both characters keeping each other up to date on what’s going on, even though Leon got ignored most of the time, at least they were staying in touch. And yes, I would’ve preferred a real route A/B instead of the parallel world 2nd run that we’ve got now.

Characters: William’s transformations look awesome, but he gets way too many eyeballs. Chief Irons’ personality is extremely exaggerated. Both of these were better off in the OG.

Overall, both games have their good points and bad ones. I suppose I was expecting RE2make to improve upon the OG, but it is what it is, and it’s a good game in its own right.
Kranky's FFXV picture blog: https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
"I don't believe in magic!" ~ Zhang Jiao, fire mage.

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
4 weeks ago#55
Why are people using the music the original in favor of it against the remake, the original soundtrack is available in the remake too...
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force

User Info: Mynash

Mynash
4 weeks ago#56
@Doom_Infinite posted...
Why are people using the music the original in favor of it against the remake, the original soundtrack is available in the remake too...

Only if you buy the deluxe bundle or the separate DLC for it. It's not in the base game.
Kranky's FFXV picture blog: https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
"I don't believe in magic!" ~ Zhang Jiao, fire mage.

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
4 weeks ago#57
Mynash posted...
@Doom_Infinite posted...

Only if you buy the deluxe bundle or the separate DLC for it. It's not in the base game.

I assumed most people had it.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force

User Info: Starwind128

Starwind128
4 weeks ago#58
riddlebox89 posted...
Crohnos posted...
I notice you failed to acknowledge where I said I love this remake but it’s not perfect.

I'll acknowledge that when you can come up with some actual criticisms that aren't just "This was in the original but it's not in the remake."

"I'll acknowledge what you say when it's something that I like." Goldsickle..is that you? You have been on a hell of a rampage here lately. I hope you have nightmares about giant moths and crows. :P
"Even superheroes pee in bottles." - Hugh Jackman

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
4 weeks ago#59
Multiple generations have passed. You can not compare.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: solarboy52

solarboy52
4 weeks ago#60
My vote's for the original. I liked the classic gameplay style where combat was more an extension of item management, and how you were a bit more encouraged to thoroughly search an environment. Just a slower pace overall
I'm not insane, I've just traveled so deep into insanity, that I came out on the other side into sanity
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Original RE2 vs Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Topic Archived