• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I love RE2 classic but please play it now

User Info: ShinWesker

ShinWesker
1 month ago#1
I love RE2 classic but... I think I love this one more. Just played classic again. Yes, the music is great and the atmosphere plus A and B scenarios rocks but...

The shooting doesn't feel satisfying anymore. The zombies look terrible and move weirdly when you shoot them, like a balloon.

I think I finished classic Re2 like 100 times but I always thought that the zombies react weird.

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 month ago#2
Okay, I'll get out the PS1.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: sbn4

sbn4
1 month ago#3
I played the original a week after I finished the remake. I still prefer most things in the classic compared to the remake. Story and characters especially.

The shooting is not as satisfying, but its not a shooter. REmake 2 does it better because of its aiming perspective. The only issue I have with zombies in the original is how easy they are to take down and run by. But I found hardcore zombies in the remake to be the opposite end of the spectrum. Too tanky and annoying.
"No man should fight any war but his own."

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
1 month ago#4
I played it yesterday, the game is fine.
When your name is finally drawn, I'll be happy that you're gone. Ash to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
1 month ago#5
I played the original game very recently with all 4 scenarios, it still holds up and it's better than the reimagining where it counts.
So you want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom... And you're telling me you're completely sane?

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
1 month ago#6
i play re1 classic a couple times a year, the old games are fine for their time, after a few minutes you don't even notice the bad animations etc.
the community tag is a cancer on this website

User Info: Blizwise85

Blizwise85
1 month ago#7
ShinWesker posted...
I love RE2 classic but... I think I love this one more. Just played classic again. Yes, the music is great and the atmosphere plus A and B scenarios rocks but...

The shooting doesn't feel satisfying anymore. The zombies look terrible and move weirdly when you shoot them, like a balloon.

I think I finished classic Re2 like 100 times but I always thought that the zombies react weird.

I still play the classics, not just re classics but other classic games too.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 month ago#8
I actually played through it about a week before this came out. I mostly agree with you.

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 month ago#9
I played it a few days ago. Remake has improved, overall better, deeper gameplay, better visuals, and better music. Original has better story(For the most part), better music, and can offer a bit more challenge as it is much easier to die in the original due to little to no invulnerability frames after getting hit or grabbed, blue herbs don't reduce damage taken, no defense items, and no hand grenades.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#10
edward18 posted...
Okay, I'll get out the PS1.

I need my EX files and randomiser. N64 for me buddy
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. I love RE2 classic but please play it now
  • Topic Archived