You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Seriously the amount of ammo you get on Hardcore is ridiculous

User Info: Fusion916

Fusion916
1 week ago#1
So i'm perfecting my HC S+ runs and seriously by the time I drop by first save in the break room as Leon I am overflowing with ammo. For this particular run I clocked in at ~38mins at the break room (crappy I know, I'm just a casual) with a whooping 78 handgun ammo and 16 shotgun shells. I mean seriously wtf, why is there so much ammo in Hardcore? Capcom really needs to cut down the amount of ammo that drops in Hardcore Mode. I almost feel like I need to start shooting stuff for fun just to make space in my bags. I don't even know how to play this game yet ammo is just flowing like water.

https://i.imgtc.com/xSwkEyM.jpg

https://i.imgtc.com/nvmPn3I.jpg
PSN: Fusion916
http://www.youtube.com/user/Fusionx916

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 week ago#2
Adding pictures doesn't make your gimmick more interesting.

Why don't you say for example that there are too many ink ribbons for a casual, or even that there aren't enough zombies for you to use all the games ammo on? That would at least give your gimmick posting more flavour.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 week ago#3
Fusion916 posted...
I mean seriously wtf, why is there so much ammo in Hardcore?

Capcom really needs to cut down the amount of ammo that drops in Hardcore Mode.

Probably because Capcom realized that having the overall amount of ammo you can get in the game being tied to the difficulty setting is a stupid horses*** idea?

No they don't.

Don't like how much ammo you get? Don't pick it up.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: darkula666

darkula666
1 week ago#4
Because the game was programmed to use that ammo for G1!!

You PC players knifing G1 to death, that really wasn't what Capcom had in mind.

if you use the handgun, your ammo will be depleted, then by using the rest on the dogs in the garage, you will have little ammo left.
PSN: darkula. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChH9s4dxN8O-Ww9B2eJjt4A Currently playing Destiny Resident Evil 2 remake !

User Info: DominiqueT

DominiqueT
1 week ago#5
darkula666 posted...

if you use the handgun, your ammo will be depleted, then by using the rest on the dogs in the garage, you will have little ammo left.

This

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
1 week ago#6
Isn’t G1 programmed with varying amounts of HP/dynamic difficulty depending on how much ammo you have?

I’m sure they wanted you to feel like you have to conserve a lot of bullets for that fight, but it’s pretty doable with just the ammo found in the room.

Hardcore has way more ammo than you need to beat it, which is the case with almost every RE anyway.
And this time!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 week ago#7
DominiqueT posted...
darkula666 posted...

This

is bulls***, because you can kill him with a grenade and max 2 knives (which funnily is exactly the amount of knives the game gives you before this fight) at 60 fps on HC too.

Watch some guides / speedruns, plenty of console players that do this and I tried myself on pc with *locked* 60 fps, it's no issue at all once you learned his pattern. Knife is completely OP and totally on purpose if you're familiar with Resident Evil games.
Currently playing : SG / ZH
J-Pop
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 week ago#8
Da Dood posted...
Isn’t G1 programmed with varying amounts of HP/dynamic difficulty depending on how much ammo you have?

I’m sure they wanted you to feel like you have to conserve a lot of bullets for that fight, but it’s pretty doable with just the ammo found in the room.

Hardcore has way more ammo than you need to beat it, which is the case with almost every RE anyway.

Actually pretty sure all bosses / enemies are like that, it's pretty flawed imo, other games have this too, but it's never this obvious, one of the very few flaws this game has. The inconsistencies are really stupid and off putting in a way.
Currently playing : SG / ZH
J-Pop

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 week ago#9
darkula666 posted...

You do know that console players can knife G1 to death too, right? PC players just do it better because knife damage is tied to the framerate. The knife is still really good at 60fps.

But if they didn't intend on the knife being used the way it is, there's two things they wouldn't have done.

1, They wouldn't have made it so the knife does several times more damage to bosses than gunshots.

2, They wouldn't have put a knife with infinite durability in the game, nor would they have made it so using it doesn't stop you from getting an S+ rank.

It's most definitely on purpose because knives in Resident Evil games has pretty much been a meme from RE1 up until CV had the knife be good and 4 made the knife even better.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: yipeeyahoo

yipeeyahoo
1 week ago#10
And why should Capcom listen to you?
PSN:Yipeeyahoo
You are welcome to add me :D
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Seriously the amount of ammo you get on Hardcore is ridiculous